Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Epic Draugr Choir" lyrics and transation

tuxon
February 10, 2020

Hello everyone!

So, since 2013 or so I had this song on my phone entitled "Epic Draugr Choir" by the band Chur.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXaf0XWmPM 

I roughly understood the lyrics, but I knew that in general it is a song of dragon priests venerating Alduin.

And tonight I deciced to translate it completely and to share with you all. 

Original lyrics created by author                                                                           

Mu kos aar,                                                                                                                   

moro (?) fah hi,

Alduin lot lok grohiik,

unslaad bahlok,

mu kos aar,

se unahzaal dovah suleyk,

mu kos haal,

fah daanik Keizaal jul keyn,

mu kos kendov,

un lovaas

los ven viing,

mu kos lahvu se dov, ahrk pah hin hind un in!   

My version

We are servants,

glory (?) for you

Alduin, Great Sky Wolf.

Unending hunger!

We are servants,

Of eternal dragon power,

We are hand,

For shaping the doomed mankind of Skyrim!

We are warriors,

Our song,

Is the wings of the wind

We are dragon army and entirely yours, our Master!

P.S. I don't know if this kind of thread had already been published, at least when I was looking for lyrics and translation I did not find any. 

P.S.S. Hopefully someone will find out the second line one day.

by tuxon
February 10, 2020

Hello everyone!

So, since 2013 or so I had this song on my phone entitled "Epic Draugr Choir" by the band Chur.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXaf0XWmPM 

I roughly understood the lyrics, but I knew that in general it is a song of dragon priests venerating Alduin.

And tonight I deciced to translate it completely and to share with you all. 

Original lyrics created by author                                                                           

Mu kos aar,                                                                                                                   

moro (?) fah hi,

Alduin lot lok grohiik,

unslaad bahlok,

mu kos aar,

se unahzaal dovah suleyk,

mu kos haal,

fah daanik Keizaal jul keyn,

mu kos kendov,

un lovaas

los ven viing,

mu kos lahvu se dov, ahrk pah hin hind un in!   

My version

We are servants,

glory (?) for you

Alduin, Great Sky Wolf.

Unending hunger!

We are servants,

Of eternal dragon power,

We are hand,

For shaping the doomed mankind of Skyrim!

We are warriors,

Our song,

Is the wings of the wind

We are dragon army and entirely yours, our Master!

P.S. I don't know if this kind of thread had already been published, at least when I was looking for lyrics and translation I did not find any. 

P.S.S. Hopefully someone will find out the second line one day.

Zinrahzul
February 15, 2020

I remember coming across that video a couple of years ago when searching for "Dovahzul" on Youtube! Yeah, it's a rare unique Dovahzul song, and the only one I know that comes from Alduin's followers' side. Thankfully, the video gives the lyrics.

For that second line, there is only "moro" (glory), so your translation is spot-on.

"Great Sky Wolf" seems weird, though (it's translated correctly), because in the Ancient Nord Pantheon, Mara is the wolf.

Second part of last translation would be more "..., and all your hope, ...".

by Zinrahzul
February 15, 2020

I remember coming across that video a couple of years ago when searching for "Dovahzul" on Youtube! Yeah, it's a rare unique Dovahzul song, and the only one I know that comes from Alduin's followers' side. Thankfully, the video gives the lyrics.

For that second line, there is only "moro" (glory), so your translation is spot-on.

"Great Sky Wolf" seems weird, though (it's translated correctly), because in the Ancient Nord Pantheon, Mara is the wolf.

Second part of last translation would be more "..., and all your hope, ...".

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.