Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Awesome Experiences

1  2 > >>  

Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 5, 2013

I guess I'll start.

This was in Skyrim.

I was somewhere near Labyrinthian, in the snow forests (I guess that's what they're called?). I came across a pack of wolves fighting a pack of frostbite spiders.

I sat there for like, five minutes, watching them duke it out, until there was one spider and one wolf left. The last blow came from both of them at the same time, so everyone died. There was no winner. I didn't loot any of them, i kind of felt that they died honorably, protecting their homes, or something.

I dunno. Feeling sorry for lines of code and bunches of pixels, am I right?

Share your experiences!

by Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 5, 2013

I guess I'll start.

This was in Skyrim.

I was somewhere near Labyrinthian, in the snow forests (I guess that's what they're called?). I came across a pack of wolves fighting a pack of frostbite spiders.

I sat there for like, five minutes, watching them duke it out, until there was one spider and one wolf left. The last blow came from both of them at the same time, so everyone died. There was no winner. I didn't loot any of them, i kind of felt that they died honorably, protecting their homes, or something.

I dunno. Feeling sorry for lines of code and bunches of pixels, am I right?

Share your experiences!

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 5, 2013

I will never forget this moment in Oblivion. Near the end of the main quest, we are battling outside the final Oblivion Gate. Daedra are attacking left and right. The future of Tamriel is at stake.

We break through the Daedric lines and enter the Gate. It is myself along with a number of Imperial soldiers. The plane of Oblivion unfolds before us, towers looming in the redlit sky. This is our final chance to rout the Daedra once and for all. The enemy swarms towards us.

And in that moment, one of the soldiers turns to me and says, "Stop! You've violated the law!"

by paarthurnax
December 5, 2013

I will never forget this moment in Oblivion. Near the end of the main quest, we are battling outside the final Oblivion Gate. Daedra are attacking left and right. The future of Tamriel is at stake.

We break through the Daedric lines and enter the Gate. It is myself along with a number of Imperial soldiers. The plane of Oblivion unfolds before us, towers looming in the redlit sky. This is our final chance to rout the Daedra once and for all. The enemy swarms towards us.

And in that moment, one of the soldiers turns to me and says, "Stop! You've violated the law!"

Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 5, 2013

Oh, by Talos. That's horrible (and hilarious!)

December 5, 2013

Oh, by Talos. That's horrible (and hilarious!)

Hutson09
December 5, 2013

I hope you paid the court a fine and served your sentence.

But I remember a time, wandering in the caves of Skyrim, I came across a bandit group near the cliffside in one particular cave. The battle went as normal for me, where I sneaked and shot low leveled arrows at them. Two such arrows took a bandit to the eye sockets (one in each) and yet still, he remained alive, and I, undetected. The bandit then proceeded to stammer about asking "Huh? What was that?" and walked right off the cliff to his death.

My only regret was not recording at the time this happened.

by Hutson09
December 5, 2013

I hope you paid the court a fine and served your sentence.

But I remember a time, wandering in the caves of Skyrim, I came across a bandit group near the cliffside in one particular cave. The battle went as normal for me, where I sneaked and shot low leveled arrows at them. Two such arrows took a bandit to the eye sockets (one in each) and yet still, he remained alive, and I, undetected. The bandit then proceeded to stammer about asking "Huh? What was that?" and walked right off the cliff to his death.

My only regret was not recording at the time this happened.

Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 5, 2013

I legit JUST found this. I tend to play Skyrim whenever i'm waiting for something cool to happen in my various open tabs.

I started another character (An Orismer, of course.) and, instead of jumping straingt into the dragon killing, i went out of riverwood and went to the Pale. It's my second favorite hold, and one that i don't often explore.

This place is almost direct north of the Ritual Stone, a ways, but a bit to the...left on a map. Is that west, or east?

When you walk into this place called Shimmermist cave, look up. The ceiling is covered with this electric blue, glowing fungus. Glowing Mushrooms are everywhere, and the foggy atmosphere is tinged blue. The place is beautiful...and filled with falmer, and a freaking dwemer centurion, in the end. I had to run out, i'm level two, with iron armor, and falmer sword and shield.

I dunno. It really struck a chord with me. I love caves (even in real life) and phosphorescant animals, plants, and fungi fascinate me. The place was just...Talos, i wish I lived in Tamriel!

December 5, 2013

I legit JUST found this. I tend to play Skyrim whenever i'm waiting for something cool to happen in my various open tabs.

I started another character (An Orismer, of course.) and, instead of jumping straingt into the dragon killing, i went out of riverwood and went to the Pale. It's my second favorite hold, and one that i don't often explore.

This place is almost direct north of the Ritual Stone, a ways, but a bit to the...left on a map. Is that west, or east?

When you walk into this place called Shimmermist cave, look up. The ceiling is covered with this electric blue, glowing fungus. Glowing Mushrooms are everywhere, and the foggy atmosphere is tinged blue. The place is beautiful...and filled with falmer, and a freaking dwemer centurion, in the end. I had to run out, i'm level two, with iron armor, and falmer sword and shield.

I dunno. It really struck a chord with me. I love caves (even in real life) and phosphorescant animals, plants, and fungi fascinate me. The place was just...Talos, i wish I lived in Tamriel!

Randomixx
December 6, 2013

Most of these stories made me laugh, but that blinded bandit walking off a cliff was certainly the winner in my opinion! Hahaha!

I had two amusing experiences recently in Skyrim, both of which I would probably classify as "awesomely funny" rather than just "awesome", but I think they still qualify!

The first would be when I was testing a recent addition to a mod I am (very, very slowly) working on, trying to get a semi-friendly dragon I had added to the game to make sarcastic comments when the player does silly things around him such as Shout, climbing on a Word Wall, and bumping into him. While I haven’t gotten the comments to trigger yet, the dragon’s headtracking when I got too close (testing the “bumped into” dialogue) caused him to knock my Bosmer off the cliff and make a nice crater in the middle of Bromjunaar aka Labyrinthian :(

The second one, I was playing my Argonian sneak-mage, Shifts-Around-Shadows, killing the vampires at Bloodlet Throne because they had a staff one of his associates at the College needed. I was struggling a bit because the vampires were all immune to my Illusion spells, so I was having to rely more on the relatively underlevelled Destruction and Conjuration schools than usual. Nonetheless I managed to get through and to the final boss fight, a gladiator-style ring where a Master Vampire, a bunch of his underlings, their Death Hounds AND their Dead Thralls were all waiting for me.

Let’s say that my language was most foul upon realising this. Until I noticed that, between them and my Lizard Wizard, was a gate that could only be opened from my side.

So I opened the gate, firebolted the Master Vampire, and closed it again. Cue about twenty NPCs all running against the gate and yelling taunts, none of them able to do anything save for the occasional Ice Spike getting through that I was easily able to dodge. I then proceeded to slowly wear them down by conjuring Flame Atronachs through the bars, which they would turn on, kill, and then get blasted by the resulting explosion while I merrily cackled away.

Taking on a Master Vampire and all his cronies at level 14? I think you may be Dragon Priest material, Shifts!

by Randomixx
December 6, 2013

Most of these stories made me laugh, but that blinded bandit walking off a cliff was certainly the winner in my opinion! Hahaha!

I had two amusing experiences recently in Skyrim, both of which I would probably classify as "awesomely funny" rather than just "awesome", but I think they still qualify!

The first would be when I was testing a recent addition to a mod I am (very, very slowly) working on, trying to get a semi-friendly dragon I had added to the game to make sarcastic comments when the player does silly things around him such as Shout, climbing on a Word Wall, and bumping into him. While I haven’t gotten the comments to trigger yet, the dragon’s headtracking when I got too close (testing the “bumped into” dialogue) caused him to knock my Bosmer off the cliff and make a nice crater in the middle of Bromjunaar aka Labyrinthian :(

The second one, I was playing my Argonian sneak-mage, Shifts-Around-Shadows, killing the vampires at Bloodlet Throne because they had a staff one of his associates at the College needed. I was struggling a bit because the vampires were all immune to my Illusion spells, so I was having to rely more on the relatively underlevelled Destruction and Conjuration schools than usual. Nonetheless I managed to get through and to the final boss fight, a gladiator-style ring where a Master Vampire, a bunch of his underlings, their Death Hounds AND their Dead Thralls were all waiting for me.

Let’s say that my language was most foul upon realising this. Until I noticed that, between them and my Lizard Wizard, was a gate that could only be opened from my side.

So I opened the gate, firebolted the Master Vampire, and closed it again. Cue about twenty NPCs all running against the gate and yelling taunts, none of them able to do anything save for the occasional Ice Spike getting through that I was easily able to dodge. I then proceeded to slowly wear them down by conjuring Flame Atronachs through the bars, which they would turn on, kill, and then get blasted by the resulting explosion while I merrily cackled away.

Taking on a Master Vampire and all his cronies at level 14? I think you may be Dragon Priest material, Shifts!

Loniizrath
December 7, 2013

I like killing foxes in Skyrim. If I'm doing anything, even fighting a dragon, and a fox runs past, I stop whatever I'm doing and kill it. Sometimes I just go fox hunting just for the heck if it. This was one of those days. I was hunting with my usual fox hunting gear: hunting bow and steel arrows (cheap and easy to replace gear), and it was a very successful hunt. I brought 30 arrows, and had 26 pelts to show for it. I was going to make a lot of leather. I now have one arrow left. My last arrow. I see a fox sitting by a riverbank, standing still, completely oblivious to my existence. He's a sitting duck, a perfect target for my last arrow. I line him up for the kill, and right as I shoot, a salmon jumps out of the water and takes the arrow for the fox! The fox notices, and escapes with his life. And that was the story of the day the bravest fictional salmon in history died.

by Loniizrath
December 7, 2013

I like killing foxes in Skyrim. If I'm doing anything, even fighting a dragon, and a fox runs past, I stop whatever I'm doing and kill it. Sometimes I just go fox hunting just for the heck if it. This was one of those days. I was hunting with my usual fox hunting gear: hunting bow and steel arrows (cheap and easy to replace gear), and it was a very successful hunt. I brought 30 arrows, and had 26 pelts to show for it. I was going to make a lot of leather. I now have one arrow left. My last arrow. I see a fox sitting by a riverbank, standing still, completely oblivious to my existence. He's a sitting duck, a perfect target for my last arrow. I line him up for the kill, and right as I shoot, a salmon jumps out of the water and takes the arrow for the fox! The fox notices, and escapes with his life. And that was the story of the day the bravest fictional salmon in history died.

Tiggas
December 14, 2013

I can't forget when i was caught pickpocketing and when I ran off the guard instead of shouting something like "You shouldn't have done that" said "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll"

by Tiggas
December 14, 2013

I can't forget when i was caught pickpocketing and when I ran off the guard instead of shouting something like "You shouldn't have done that" said "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll"

otakufreak40
December 15, 2013

Something that happened to me earlier today:

I use a mod for Skyrim called Deadly Dragons. There is an option to make it so 1-3 dragons appear at pseudo-random intervals. After getting the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller from Delphine, I decided to test something that I once heard. Specifically, that if you you go back to the ruin where it was supposed to be that you get a dragon soul. (Bit of advice: you don't.)

Whenever I fast travelled there, I got attacked by three dragons. So I hid inside. I went to the depths, got no soul, went back to the main part of the dungeon, and left. All three dragons were still there. I ran away, FEIM-ing as I went. After a while I made it to... a dragon lair.

I had to fight four. Goddamn. Dragons. All at the same time.

After dying a half-dozen times, I looked at my autosaves to see if I could escape this mess. Due to the transitions inside there, I couldn't.

All of this was about an hour after I had to fight a vampire attack in Whiterun. Might as well throw in a fight with Mehrunes freakin' Dagon while you're at it, game.

by otakufreak40
December 15, 2013

Something that happened to me earlier today:

I use a mod for Skyrim called Deadly Dragons. There is an option to make it so 1-3 dragons appear at pseudo-random intervals. After getting the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller from Delphine, I decided to test something that I once heard. Specifically, that if you you go back to the ruin where it was supposed to be that you get a dragon soul. (Bit of advice: you don't.)

Whenever I fast travelled there, I got attacked by three dragons. So I hid inside. I went to the depths, got no soul, went back to the main part of the dungeon, and left. All three dragons were still there. I ran away, FEIM-ing as I went. After a while I made it to... a dragon lair.

I had to fight four. Goddamn. Dragons. All at the same time.

After dying a half-dozen times, I looked at my autosaves to see if I could escape this mess. Due to the transitions inside there, I couldn't.

All of this was about an hour after I had to fight a vampire attack in Whiterun. Might as well throw in a fight with Mehrunes freakin' Dagon while you're at it, game.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 15, 2013
otakufreak40

"Feiming" is now totally a thing.

by paarthurnax
December 15, 2013
otakufreak40

"Feiming" is now totally a thing.

otakufreak40
December 17, 2013

It should also be noted that today I managed to escape these dragons, only for the exact same thing to happen just before I see Alduin and Sahloknir at Kynesgrove.

I kinda feel like crying.

by otakufreak40
December 17, 2013

It should also be noted that today I managed to escape these dragons, only for the exact same thing to happen just before I see Alduin and Sahloknir at Kynesgrove.

I kinda feel like crying.

Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013

I don't play often enough and I'm still very much noobish, but I was fighting a dragon on my way to Kynesgrove. Fortunately I had Delphine, Esbern, three random imperial soldiers and me to take on this dragon. I shot an arrow at it, I think it's wing, and it did a crash landing. I didn't realize that a dragon could crash land and it had left a rut in the ground and everything! It was so kewl!

Sad to say, the soldiers did not live to tell the tale. They all got eaten.

Now for a funny one, or sort of. I am no stranger to the beginning of the game, in fact I have made a chracter for each race, but at the beginning of my first character on my PC (I've had to borrow games from my friends, I've recently gotten my own) I always bring Uthgurd with me from Whiterun to do the first ruin in the Barrow.

I don't need her but I hate undead. Deathly, afraid of them too. If I play too much I get nightmares of them, so the companion gives me a little company. There is a part where 3 undead come at you so this time I lure them into the fire I started with the oil. My companion runs into the flames and proceeds to attack the draugr.

If that wasn't enough I attempted to shoot the draugr with an arrow to get her out of the fire. She moves in front of my shot and yells, "What do you think your doing!" I literally was saying some colorful language.

My roommate at the time was skyping her parents when I had yelled out a not very nice swear word. Fortunately, her parents couldn't understand what I had said.

by Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013

I don't play often enough and I'm still very much noobish, but I was fighting a dragon on my way to Kynesgrove. Fortunately I had Delphine, Esbern, three random imperial soldiers and me to take on this dragon. I shot an arrow at it, I think it's wing, and it did a crash landing. I didn't realize that a dragon could crash land and it had left a rut in the ground and everything! It was so kewl!

Sad to say, the soldiers did not live to tell the tale. They all got eaten.

Now for a funny one, or sort of. I am no stranger to the beginning of the game, in fact I have made a chracter for each race, but at the beginning of my first character on my PC (I've had to borrow games from my friends, I've recently gotten my own) I always bring Uthgurd with me from Whiterun to do the first ruin in the Barrow.

I don't need her but I hate undead. Deathly, afraid of them too. If I play too much I get nightmares of them, so the companion gives me a little company. There is a part where 3 undead come at you so this time I lure them into the fire I started with the oil. My companion runs into the flames and proceeds to attack the draugr.

If that wasn't enough I attempted to shoot the draugr with an arrow to get her out of the fire. She moves in front of my shot and yells, "What do you think your doing!" I literally was saying some colorful language.

My roommate at the time was skyping her parents when I had yelled out a not very nice swear word. Fortunately, her parents couldn't understand what I had said.

otakufreak40
December 19, 2013
KhaAhni

I don't need her but I hate undead. Deathly, afraid of them too.

If that was a joke, it was very clever. Or maybe I'm just a bigger fan of puns than I should be. Either way, it was funny.

by otakufreak40
December 19, 2013
KhaAhni

If that was a joke, it was very clever. Or maybe I'm just a bigger fan of puns than I should be. Either way, it was funny.

Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013
otakufreak40
KhaAhni

Actually, I just noticed that! My brother is rubbing off on me! Glad, I made a laugh today, perhaps there is another?

I have a werewolf mod that forcefully shifts me on full moons. I was doing the peace negotiations when all of a sudden I go werewolf in the middle of the meeting! So I got a huge bounty because of all the holds now having me as a wanted person.

I managed to escape, and the negotiations completed, but I needed to talk to them again for the next part of the quest. Lets say they were not willing to talk. I had to go back to my last save which was right before I defeated Alduin at the time wound. I had beat him again -_-

Let this be a lesson to everyone! After defeating a major boss...save. Then, don't ever, ever, ever go werewolf in front of a peace negotiation! It is not good for peace!

by Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013
otakufreak40
KhaAhni

Actually, I just noticed that! My brother is rubbing off on me! Glad, I made a laugh today, perhaps there is another?

I have a werewolf mod that forcefully shifts me on full moons. I was doing the peace negotiations when all of a sudden I go werewolf in the middle of the meeting! So I got a huge bounty because of all the holds now having me as a wanted person.

I managed to escape, and the negotiations completed, but I needed to talk to them again for the next part of the quest. Lets say they were not willing to talk. I had to go back to my last save which was right before I defeated Alduin at the time wound. I had beat him again -_-

Let this be a lesson to everyone! After defeating a major boss...save. Then, don't ever, ever, ever go werewolf in front of a peace negotiation! It is not good for peace!

Jarno
December 31, 2013

Now I remember, I was on my travel to Dawnstar, and I saw an Imperial camp. So I go over there, and some random dude comes to me and told: "You're trespassing. Turn around and leave!" I was like OK, turned around and I saw a dragon landing. An Imperial soldier runs to the dragen and shouts: "You're traspassing. Turn around and leave!". Then he got eaten....

by Jarno
December 31, 2013

Now I remember, I was on my travel to Dawnstar, and I saw an Imperial camp. So I go over there, and some random dude comes to me and told: "You're trespassing. Turn around and leave!" I was like OK, turned around and I saw a dragon landing. An Imperial soldier runs to the dragen and shouts: "You're traspassing. Turn around and leave!". Then he got eaten....

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.