Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation help needed

Zarose
April 20, 2020

I wanted to translate "Head above water" the only word I was able to find was Head (Klov) closest I was able to find for Above was Fly (Bo) and Water, Ice (Iiz)  So "Head Above Water" would become "Head Fly Ice" or "Klov Bo Iiz" My questions are, 1) does anyone have a better word for any of these and 2) is the structure correct or would it be better written as "Fly Head Ice"?

Any help would be greatly appretiated

by Zarose
April 20, 2020

I wanted to translate "Head above water" the only word I was able to find was Head (Klov) closest I was able to find for Above was Fly (Bo) and Water, Ice (Iiz)  So "Head Above Water" would become "Head Fly Ice" or "Klov Bo Iiz" My questions are, 1) does anyone have a better word for any of these and 2) is the structure correct or would it be better written as "Fly Head Ice"?

Any help would be greatly appretiated

Kahvozein
May 1, 2020
In ESO, Nahfaalaar says an interesting line : "Dragon King above. Bormahu han zu'u". The word "han" could possibly mean "above" unless it's a typo of "hon"(hear). For "Water" you could describe the place or using words like "Okaaz"(sea) or "Ron"(rain). I hope it will help :)
by Kahvozein
May 1, 2020
In ESO, Nahfaalaar says an interesting line : "Dragon King above. Bormahu han zu'u". The word "han" could possibly mean "above" unless it's a typo of "hon"(hear). For "Water" you could describe the place or using words like "Okaaz"(sea) or "Ron"(rain). I hope it will help :)

Zarose
June 7, 2020
Kahvozein

Thank you! I definitly think Okaaz is more in line of the saying I was going for, keeping ones Head above water in the context of stuggling not to drown.  Han is interesting too, I havn't played much of ESO, but I will look into it too!

by Zarose
June 7, 2020
Kahvozein

Thank you! I definitly think Okaaz is more in line of the saying I was going for, keeping ones Head above water in the context of stuggling not to drown.  Han is interesting too, I havn't played much of ESO, but I will look into it too!

Kahvozein
June 7, 2020
@Zarose If you want I wrote a thread about all the new dragon words in ESO, some of them can be very useful.
by Kahvozein
June 7, 2020
@Zarose If you want I wrote a thread about all the new dragon words in ESO, some of them can be very useful.

kdemoose
September 8, 2020
Why does the word spirit hav so many translations in dragon language? Also, what does each of them mean (Spirit
(noun) Zii, Rii, Gaaf, Su'um, Goraan)?
If i wanted to name my daughter spiritfire then what would be the correct translation? Thanks.
by kdemoose
September 8, 2020
Why does the word spirit hav so many translations in dragon language? Also, what does each of them mean (Spirit

(noun) Zii, Rii, Gaaf, Su'um, Goraan)?

If i wanted to name my daughter spiritfire then what would be the correct translation? Thanks.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.