Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So, How Would I Translate Alchemist?

Morahkrin
January 16, 2021

So, I was toying around with the Language recently for a D&D group. But came to a realization: How would I create an agent noun, like "Maker" or "Alchemist" or "Merchant"? It might be able to be derived somewhere, but I'm a lazy noob XD. Is there a list of agreed upon additions to the Language? And is there an agreed upon method of forming agent nouns

by Morahkrin
January 16, 2021

So, I was toying around with the Language recently for a D&D group. But came to a realization: How would I create an agent noun, like "Maker" or "Alchemist" or "Merchant"? It might be able to be derived somewhere, but I'm a lazy noob XD. Is there a list of agreed upon additions to the Language? And is there an agreed upon method of forming agent nouns

SethVeeper
February 13, 2021

I joined the forum for the express purpose of getting an answer to the "agent-marker" solution. I take the existence of this question, from almost a month ago, as a sign that I must find an appropriate method myself.

My proposal: "AL-DU-IN" gives us the words "destroyer-devour-master", and the last of those also forms the root of "INHUS", meaning mastery as a possesible quality. (Source)

Therefore, we might be able to say "INSE____" (Master of ____) to indicate an agent. For example; we might try INSEKIPRAAN (Master of Meal(s)) to indicate a cook, or we might try INSEDWIIN (Master of Steel) to indicate a smith.

by SethVeeper
February 13, 2021

I joined the forum for the express purpose of getting an answer to the "agent-marker" solution. I take the existence of this question, from almost a month ago, as a sign that I must find an appropriate method myself.

My proposal: "AL-DU-IN" gives us the words "destroyer-devour-master", and the last of those also forms the root of "INHUS", meaning mastery as a possesible quality. (Source)

Therefore, we might be able to say "INSE____" (Master of ____) to indicate an agent. For example; we might try INSEKIPRAAN (Master of Meal(s)) to indicate a cook, or we might try INSEDWIIN (Master of Steel) to indicate a smith.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.