Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon Runes Unicode

CrazyGold
August 4, 2021

I recently joined this website, and I noticed that the Dovah Runes ([These letters]) are just a typeface and, if pasted anywhere else, just return as capital Latin characters. Now, what I've been trying to do for the past four hours or so is recreate the runic font made by ASV and Matthew Luckow as Private Use Area unicode glyphs, so that you can copy and paste them into just about any computer application and see them as runes. I was succesfully able to make the runes paste-able into local-only applications like notepad and Word, but things like Discord and Google Chrome still display the missing character symbol. Right now, my goal is to get Chrome to display the symbols as runes, then other apps can come later. If anyone is interested in helping, don't hesitate to contribute to the thread. (Also, until there's at least a semi-working version  of the unicode runes and permission from Paarthurnax, I have no intention of neither officially nor unofficially affiliating the project with Thuum.org)

by CrazyGold
August 4, 2021

I recently joined this website, and I noticed that the Dovah Runes ([These letters]) are just a typeface and, if pasted anywhere else, just return as capital Latin characters. Now, what I've been trying to do for the past four hours or so is recreate the runic font made by ASV and Matthew Luckow as Private Use Area unicode glyphs, so that you can copy and paste them into just about any computer application and see them as runes. I was succesfully able to make the runes paste-able into local-only applications like notepad and Word, but things like Discord and Google Chrome still display the missing character symbol. Right now, my goal is to get Chrome to display the symbols as runes, then other apps can come later. If anyone is interested in helping, don't hesitate to contribute to the thread. (Also, until there's at least a semi-working version  of the unicode runes and permission from Paarthurnax, I have no intention of neither officially nor unofficially affiliating the project with Thuum.org)

Norokah
August 4, 2021
I'm not nearly technically inclined enough to help, but I just wanted to say good luck, this sounds like a cool project!
by Norokah
August 4, 2021
I'm not nearly technically inclined enough to help, but I just wanted to say good luck, this sounds like a cool project!

Liis
Administrator
August 6, 2021
You'll have to try to contact the owner of the site, paarthurnax by email:

[email protected]

Unfortunately, he's rarely active now-days. He's the only one with the technical capability.
by Liis
August 6, 2021
You'll have to try to contact the owner of the site, paarthurnax by email:

[email protected]

Unfortunately, he's rarely active now-days. He's the only one with the technical capability.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.