Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Would someone check my spelling here please?

Din Aar Se Mora
August 29, 2021

I want to put 'Alduin did nothing wrong' on a shirt and would be grateful for a spell-check. Thank you! <3

by Din Aar Se Mora
August 29, 2021

I want to put 'Alduin did nothing wrong' on a shirt and would be grateful for a spell-check. Thank you! <3

Norokah
August 29, 2021

Folaas is currently spelled folahs in your image -- the runes you want are [fol1s]. One more quibble -- according to this dictionary entryfolaas doesn't carry any moral connotation, it's more about being "incorrect in judgment or opinion". Up to you if that matters!

by Norokah
August 29, 2021

Folaas is currently spelled folahs in your image -- the runes you want are [fol1s]. One more quibble -- according to this dictionary entryfolaas doesn't carry any moral connotation, it's more about being "incorrect in judgment or opinion". Up to you if that matters!

Din Aar Se Mora
August 29, 2021
Norokah

Whoops! I'll tweak the spelling. I figured it'd work, but couldn't think of anything that would fit better. If you have any ideas, I'd really appreciate it! Vokul, perhaps?

by Din Aar Se Mora
August 29, 2021
Norokah

Whoops! I'll tweak the spelling. I figured it'd work, but couldn't think of anything that would fit better. If you have any ideas, I'd really appreciate it! Vokul, perhaps?

Norokah
August 30, 2021
Din Aar Se Mora

It's kinda hard to choose between the two. I'd be tempted to keep folaas just so that the reference is immediately understood, but I do think vokul hews closer to the intended meaning. I suppose you could always just use vokul and just translate it as "wrong" for people!

by Norokah
August 30, 2021
Din Aar Se Mora

It's kinda hard to choose between the two. I'd be tempted to keep folaas just so that the reference is immediately understood, but I do think vokul hews closer to the intended meaning. I suppose you could always just use vokul and just translate it as "wrong" for people!

cody117war
August 30, 2021
Din Aar Se Mora

I agree with you on the fact that Alduin did nothing wrong [but I still have to kill him its part of the game ;-;{poor Paarthurnaax(in the game ofc)}]

by cody117war
August 30, 2021
Din Aar Se Mora

I agree with you on the fact that Alduin did nothing wrong [but I still have to kill him its part of the game ;-;{poor Paarthurnaax(in the game ofc)}]

Din Aar Se Mora
September 1, 2021
cody117war

Yeah. Same. I've never been able to kill Paarthurnax though. He's one of my favourite characters. <3

by Din Aar Se Mora
September 1, 2021
cody117war

Yeah. Same. I've never been able to kill Paarthurnax though. He's one of my favourite characters. <3

Din Aar Se Mora
September 1, 2021
Norokah

My thoughts exactly! For folks that run it through the translator, folaas is the word that comes up first, so I might just end up using that one.

Ah, the joys of language complexities! XD

by Din Aar Se Mora
September 1, 2021
Norokah

My thoughts exactly! For folks that run it through the translator, folaas is the word that comes up first, so I might just end up using that one.

Ah, the joys of language complexities! XD

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.