Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Unbroken Road Lyrics?

Mirkrahven
November 12, 2021

I just watched the Skyrim 10th Anniversary Concert on YouTube and as I heard the London Symphony Orchestra’s performance of “Unbroken Road” I remembered that I never really understood the lyric of the original track.

https://youtu.be/IaskxKfeFno?t=982

I know that some of you tried to figure it out in the past.

Zinrahzul made a tread about it--> here

And there’s the post on masterdovahzul’s blog: ‘Mostly “Unbroken Road” (Part 3 – Final)’

I thought this new performance might be able to be useful, because the lyrics are clearer to understand. BUT if you ask me, I would say the London Symphony Orchestra clearly used the lyrics from the Dragonborn song. It starts with:

Nuz aan sul, fent alok,
Fod fin vul dovah nok,
Fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak ahrk ruz

Do you think the choir used the dragonborn lyrics, because they don’t have the original ones, or was that the right lyrics from the start?

Sorry for my strange English, it’s not my first language.

by Mirkrahven
November 12, 2021

I just watched the Skyrim 10th Anniversary Concert on YouTube and as I heard the London Symphony Orchestra’s performance of “Unbroken Road” I remembered that I never really understood the lyric of the original track.

https://youtu.be/IaskxKfeFno?t=982

I know that some of you tried to figure it out in the past.

Zinrahzul made a tread about it--> here

And there’s the post on masterdovahzul’s blog: ‘Mostly “Unbroken Road” (Part 3 – Final)’

I thought this new performance might be able to be useful, because the lyrics are clearer to understand. BUT if you ask me, I would say the London Symphony Orchestra clearly used the lyrics from the Dragonborn song. It starts with:

Nuz aan sul, fent alok,
Fod fin vul dovah nok,
Fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak ahrk ruz

Do you think the choir used the dragonborn lyrics, because they don’t have the original ones, or was that the right lyrics from the start?

Sorry for my strange English, it’s not my first language.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.