Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Are you using non-canon?

Volthurnil
January 27, 2022

I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one side all 'Legacy tools' like translator or dictionary warn me in very dangerous looking yellow font, that they are not reliable and I shouldn't use them. But it's hard with dictionary of ~600 canon words to have even basic-level conversation, so fan made words come in handy.

Still I'm worried how much Average Dovahzul Enjoyer would understand from my tinvaak. Everyone on this site seem to use strictly canon. So my questions are: how common is to learn and use non-canon words in this community? Am I allowed to use non-canon at forums?

by Volthurnil
January 27, 2022

I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one side all 'Legacy tools' like translator or dictionary warn me in very dangerous looking yellow font, that they are not reliable and I shouldn't use them. But it's hard with dictionary of ~600 canon words to have even basic-level conversation, so fan made words come in handy.

Still I'm worried how much Average Dovahzul Enjoyer would understand from my tinvaak. Everyone on this site seem to use strictly canon. So my questions are: how common is to learn and use non-canon words in this community? Am I allowed to use non-canon at forums?

Ceredalmo
February 7, 2022
Well if you want to be specific may wanna use some legacy vocab, but mark it with * so that people won't freak out. If we'd only had som3 photactic rules and impossible combinations ut would only contribute to the word building
by Ceredalmo
February 7, 2022
Well if you want to be specific may wanna use some legacy vocab, but mark it with * so that people won't freak out. If we'd only had som3 photactic rules and impossible combinations ut would only contribute to the word building

BiiveydoPindaar
July 30, 2022

I'm about to DM a new Dungeons & Dragons campaign in a homebrewed world, and I'm planning to use Dovahzul for the in-universe equivalent of Draconic (much larger lexicon than many other dragon conlangs). I may be forced to use non-canon sources whether I want to or not.

by BiiveydoPindaar
July 30, 2022

I'm about to DM a new Dungeons & Dragons campaign in a homebrewed world, and I'm planning to use Dovahzul for the in-universe equivalent of Draconic (much larger lexicon than many other dragon conlangs). I may be forced to use non-canon sources whether I want to or not.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.