Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Learning Dovahzul, any tips?

Dovahkiin Naga
December 10, 2013

Recently started learning Dovahzul and, no surprise, it is difficult. Anybody have any helpful pointers? 

I can write the Runes, but that is about it. Is there a pronounciation for each Rune? Also, how are the Words of the Dragons formed? Because you cant just write "Hello" in Runes then say it differently when spoken in Dovahzul. 

Haha, im sure i sound really newbish, but this is fun yet confusing. :) 

Thanks for all replies.

by Dovahkiin Naga
December 10, 2013

Recently started learning Dovahzul and, no surprise, it is difficult. Anybody have any helpful pointers? 

I can write the Runes, but that is about it. Is there a pronounciation for each Rune? Also, how are the Words of the Dragons formed? Because you cant just write "Hello" in Runes then say it differently when spoken in Dovahzul. 

Haha, im sure i sound really newbish, but this is fun yet confusing. :) 

Thanks for all replies.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 10, 2013

If you haven't already check out this guide. It can be a lot to take in! The alphabet is a great place to start. Try spelling out simple word like "Drem" or "Yol". Whenever you come across a Word Wall in Skyrim, practice copying it down. This can help you learn the alphabet really fast.

The words themselves will take some memorization. "Drem yol lok" means "greetings", "Fus" means "force", "pruzah" means "good", etc. This memrise course can be a great help in that respect.

by paarthurnax
December 10, 2013

If you haven't already check out this guide. It can be a lot to take in! The alphabet is a great place to start. Try spelling out simple word like "Drem" or "Yol". Whenever you come across a Word Wall in Skyrim, practice copying it down. This can help you learn the alphabet really fast.

The words themselves will take some memorization. "Drem yol lok" means "greetings", "Fus" means "force", "pruzah" means "good", etc. This memrise course can be a great help in that respect.

Dovahkiin Naga
December 10, 2013

Alright, I understand... I appreciate the tips, thanks! 

by Dovahkiin Naga
December 10, 2013

Alright, I understand... I appreciate the tips, thanks! 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.