Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Help with learning my IRL name in Dovahzul.

Vulkaal
May 24, 2022

Drem yol lok! First post!

My full IRL name is:
Travis David Whalen

Those names mean:
(At) the Crossroads, Blessed, Little Wolf.

So far ive come up with Wundun(Travel), Kogaan(Blessing), Malgrohiik(Little Wolf).

The word I am having most trouble with is Wundun in place for Travis. Comes from Traverser, meaning "to cross". Typically at a crossroads or bridge.

Thanks!

by Vulkaal
May 24, 2022

Drem yol lok! First post!

My full IRL name is:
Travis David Whalen

Those names mean:
(At) the Crossroads, Blessed, Little Wolf.

So far ive come up with Wundun(Travel), Kogaan(Blessing), Malgrohiik(Little Wolf).

The word I am having most trouble with is Wundun in place for Travis. Comes from Traverser, meaning "to cross". Typically at a crossroads or bridge.

Thanks!

Ceredalmo
May 24, 2022
Well that's a big name, considering that Dragon names are usually three part names you'd probably need to compress it to three short words. Also all the names are shouts par excellence and this also means a need for more defined general concepts.
Yours boil do2n to "cross bless wolf"
by Ceredalmo
May 24, 2022
Well that's a big name, considering that Dragon names are usually three part names you'd probably need to compress it to three short words. Also all the names are shouts par excellence and this also means a need for more defined general concepts.

Yours boil do2n to "cross bless wolf"

Vulkaal
May 26, 2022
Ceredalmo
Well that's a big name, considering that Dragon names are usually three part names you'd probably need to compress it to three short words. Also all the names are shouts par excellence and this also means a need for more defined general concepts. Yours boil do2n to "cross bless wolf"

Thanks for the reply! Do you know the word for cross? and bless? I know blessing.

EDIT: Hok is cross?
My first two names could be swapped for a better/easier sound.
Hokkoggrohiik
or
Koghokgrohiik ?

by Vulkaal
May 26, 2022
Ceredalmo
Well that's a big name, considering that Dragon names are usually three part names you'd probably need to compress it to three short words. Also all the names are shouts par excellence and this also means a need for more defined general concepts. Yours boil do2n to "cross bless wolf"

Thanks for the reply! Do you know the word for cross? and bless? I know blessing.

EDIT: Hok is cross?
My first two names could be swapped for a better/easier sound.
Hokkoggrohiik
or
Koghokgrohiik ?

Ceredalmo
June 2, 2022
@Vulkaal hokogrohiik should work
by Ceredalmo
June 2, 2022
@Vulkaal hokogrohiik should work

Sonaak Kroinlah
June 8, 2022

If you wanted to you could name yourself for your personality rather than directly translating the meaning of your irl name. I've never seen the word hok so I have no idea what source the other person is using.

You could also translate just your first or last name. Malgrohiik is nice. For "crossroads" you could do something like "Umkrehmiir" which translates as "twin bent path" or "Miirumaav" "path twin joined"

by Sonaak Kroinlah
June 8, 2022

If you wanted to you could name yourself for your personality rather than directly translating the meaning of your irl name. I've never seen the word hok so I have no idea what source the other person is using.

You could also translate just your first or last name. Malgrohiik is nice. For "crossroads" you could do something like "Umkrehmiir" which translates as "twin bent path" or "Miirumaav" "path twin joined"

Ceredalmo
June 13, 2022
@Sonaak Kroinlah yep, that's better. Hok is due to overwhelming germination
by Ceredalmo
June 13, 2022
@Sonaak Kroinlah yep, that's better. Hok is due to overwhelming germination

Sonaak Kroinlah
June 13, 2022

@Cereldamo Can you link the source indicating it's usage?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
June 13, 2022

@Cereldamo Can you link the source indicating it's usage?

Vulkaal
June 27, 2022
Sonaak Kroinlah

Thanks! I am wondering though, are these 100% canon words or created by the community?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the sources myself. Thanks again!

by Vulkaal
June 27, 2022
Sonaak Kroinlah

Thanks! I am wondering though, are these 100% canon words or created by the community?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the sources myself. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.