Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to deal with Frostbite Spiders I Arachnophobic

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2013

When they jump on me I proper Freak. I am doing the Dawnguard quest 'touching the sky' and I can't get past the waterfall drop in Darkfall cave. I have seen loads of mods about it but I suffer on Xbox 360 (on PC I use the console), is there anyway to get around Frostbites in general and not just in One quest?

by DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2013

When they jump on me I proper Freak. I am doing the Dawnguard quest 'touching the sky' and I can't get past the waterfall drop in Darkfall cave. I have seen loads of mods about it but I suffer on Xbox 360 (on PC I use the console), is there anyway to get around Frostbites in general and not just in One quest?

Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013
DovaKiinZaan

I don't know much about that specific quest. I'm sure I can look some stuff up for you, however, I share your pain. The spiders freak me out as well, probably not as much as they do you, but the undead have the same affect on me. I always have a companion with me even though I won't need one simply for the feel of having someone there with me.

I would suggest having a companion with you and giving it a try. If you already have a companion perhaps try to overcome your fear and handle them. I have to do that all the time when handling the undead. Thats why I always use fire (even if I'm not a mage) If this doesn't help I'm sure I can search for something to help your problem.

by Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013
DovaKiinZaan

I don't know much about that specific quest. I'm sure I can look some stuff up for you, however, I share your pain. The spiders freak me out as well, probably not as much as they do you, but the undead have the same affect on me. I always have a companion with me even though I won't need one simply for the feel of having someone there with me.

I would suggest having a companion with you and giving it a try. If you already have a companion perhaps try to overcome your fear and handle them. I have to do that all the time when handling the undead. Thats why I always use fire (even if I'm not a mage) If this doesn't help I'm sure I can search for something to help your problem.

DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013

Undead don't make me freak, however, I have a companion but in this quest there is a waterfall and there are hidden frostbites. They drop and all you see is spider

by DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013

Undead don't make me freak, however, I have a companion but in this quest there is a waterfall and there are hidden frostbites. They drop and all you see is spider

Tanzyolviing
December 20, 2013

hmmmmmm that could be a problem. I will try to scrounge up some information for you that can help solve your problem. Or I hope will solve your problem.

EDIT:

Lets see if this can provide insight to your problem. Since I don't know where your at in the dungeon I'm hoping this little walkthrough will help you.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Touching_the_Sky

by Tanzyolviing
December 20, 2013

hmmmmmm that could be a problem. I will try to scrounge up some information for you that can help solve your problem. Or I hope will solve your problem.

EDIT:

Lets see if this can provide insight to your problem. Since I don't know where your at in the dungeon I'm hoping this little walkthrough will help you.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Touching_the_Sky

TRBagon
December 20, 2013

Yes...I have a slight fear of spiders too...but when you have a weapon that can easily kill them. You have to reason to be afraid, for they can't hurt you. Also, keeping your sheild out while traversing the caves can also help.

~Tatsu

by TRBagon
December 20, 2013

Yes...I have a slight fear of spiders too...but when you have a weapon that can easily kill them. You have to reason to be afraid, for they can't hurt you. Also, keeping your sheild out while traversing the caves can also help.

~Tatsu

DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013
TRBagon

Yes...I have a slight fear of spiders too...but when you have a weapon that can easily kill them. You have to reason to be afraid, for they can't hurt you. Also, keeping your sheild out while traversing the caves can also help you

It's not a fear of physical damage. It's just spiders, arachnaphobia  is one of the most common fears and it goes back millions of years. I am scared of the spider itself and not the damage.

by DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013
TRBagon

Yes...I have a slight fear of spiders too...but when you have a weapon that can easily kill them. You have to reason to be afraid, for they can't hurt you. Also, keeping your sheild out while traversing the caves can also help you

It's not a fear of physical damage. It's just spiders, arachnaphobia  is one of the most common fears and it goes back millions of years. I am scared of the spider itself and not the damage.

TRBagon
December 20, 2013

Oh...I see...I'm not really sure what to do then. Too bad Skyrim isn't multiplayer or I would join you on that adventure.

~Tatsu

by TRBagon
December 20, 2013

Oh...I see...I'm not really sure what to do then. Too bad Skyrim isn't multiplayer or I would join you on that adventure.

~Tatsu

DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013
TRBagon

~Tatsu

Yes we would probably kill loads of them... Freaks.
by DovahKiinZaan
December 20, 2013
TRBagon

~Tatsu

Arngeir
December 21, 2013
DovaKiinZaan
TRBagon

~Tatsu

I also have to admit i suffer a bit from that fear. I try to just kill them and pretend nothing happened. It's like remove a patch. The faster the better.

by Arngeir
December 21, 2013
DovaKiinZaan
TRBagon

~Tatsu

I also have to admit i suffer a bit from that fear. I try to just kill them and pretend nothing happened. It's like remove a patch. The faster the better.

Tanzyolviing
December 21, 2013

Was the walkthrough able to help you?

by Tanzyolviing
December 21, 2013

DovahKiinZaan
December 21, 2013
KhaAhni

Yes, it did. Thanks
by DovahKiinZaan
December 21, 2013
KhaAhni

Yes, it did. Thanks

Loniizrath
January 2, 2014

I don't know of a way that can help with this unfortunately (I love spiders). However, you have inspired me to make a mod for a bow that insta-kills spiders, so I'll make that, and if I ever get it working (my mods have a very low success rate) I'll post the link here. 

Update: I failed.
by Loniizrath
January 2, 2014

I don't know of a way that can help with this unfortunately (I love spiders). However, you have inspired me to make a mod for a bow that insta-kills spiders, so I'll make that, and if I ever get it working (my mods have a very low success rate) I'll post the link here. 

Update: I failed.

Styorngolkiir
January 15, 2014

I've heard of a friend's friend who got my friend to play as him through the major spider parts.  My friend did not realise his friend was using him just to get past the spiders until much later though.

by Styorngolkiir
January 15, 2014

I've heard of a friend's friend who got my friend to play as him through the major spider parts.  My friend did not realise his friend was using him just to get past the spiders until much later though.

DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2014
Styorngolkiir

Yeah but A: I am by far the best Elder Scrolls player in my area and B: My new method is to (Xbox)  charge through with my sword out and eyes shut. Or open PC I will just type killall and run past their wretched bodies.

by DovahKiinZaan
January 18, 2014
Styorngolkiir

Yeah but A: I am by far the best Elder Scrolls player in my area and B: My new method is to (Xbox)  charge through with my sword out and eyes shut. Or open PC I will just type killall and run past their wretched bodies.

valromar
August 12, 2014

i mastered my archery skill so i can kill them from long range and don't have to deal with them

by valromar
August 12, 2014

i mastered my archery skill so i can kill them from long range and don't have to deal with them

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.