Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Theory crafting characters

Charr
February 28, 2013

I have spent a lot of time playing the Elderscrolls games, and Skyrim is the one that lets me do one of my favorite things: theory craft. I try to think of unique was of playing a character, or how to make a character I like to play even better through the use of game mechanics. Example: As a mage, become a vampire, aquire the Necromage Perk along with the Atronach Perk, and use the master level Restoration spell Guardian Circle. Standing in the circle will absorb magicka from the healing that the spell does, effectively creating a magicka recharging pool.

I was wondering if anyone had any sort of ideas for character they wished to share, or maybe even want help with making. I try to stay away from things that end up being all out exploits, because, whie fun sometimes, I still want the game to be a challenge. Share away!

by Charr
February 28, 2013

I have spent a lot of time playing the Elderscrolls games, and Skyrim is the one that lets me do one of my favorite things: theory craft. I try to think of unique was of playing a character, or how to make a character I like to play even better through the use of game mechanics. Example: As a mage, become a vampire, aquire the Necromage Perk along with the Atronach Perk, and use the master level Restoration spell Guardian Circle. Standing in the circle will absorb magicka from the healing that the spell does, effectively creating a magicka recharging pool.

I was wondering if anyone had any sort of ideas for character they wished to share, or maybe even want help with making. I try to stay away from things that end up being all out exploits, because, whie fun sometimes, I still want the game to be a challenge. Share away!

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 28, 2013

I used the Atronach / Guardian Circle trick as well, it's amazing when combined with Master level Destruction spells.

One set that I like and is pretty overpowered is maximizing Block and Stamina, and then investing in the final Block perk that lets you knock over enemies, and combine that with the Shield of Peryite.  You have immunity to most forms of magic, and you can stomp over almost anything in your path.

by paarthurnax
February 28, 2013

I used the Atronach / Guardian Circle trick as well, it's amazing when combined with Master level Destruction spells.

One set that I like and is pretty overpowered is maximizing Block and Stamina, and then investing in the final Block perk that lets you knock over enemies, and combine that with the Shield of Peryite.  You have immunity to most forms of magic, and you can stomp over almost anything in your path.

Charr
March 9, 2013

The most recent thing I have done was to create an Orc assassin. Most people know that with the Assassin Blade perk, it turns daggers into some of the most powerful weapons in the game. Combined with the Shrouded Gloves, or something else that gives the Backstab effect, you are able to get 30x damage from daggers. Duel-weilding daggers, having a high
Sneak skill, and doing a power attack, you can hit for 3 sneak attacks in a row. (You can possibly do this twice for 6 sneak attacks) The reason I picked an Orc for this, is because of their racial Berzerk power. This doubles the damage that you do. So, 6 sneak attacks at 60x damage is seriously deadly. I have managed to kill an Ancient Dragon in one power attack (three hits) With legendary quality Blade of Woe(s).

by Charr
March 9, 2013

The most recent thing I have done was to create an Orc assassin. Most people know that with the Assassin Blade perk, it turns daggers into some of the most powerful weapons in the game. Combined with the Shrouded Gloves, or something else that gives the Backstab effect, you are able to get 30x damage from daggers. Duel-weilding daggers, having a high
Sneak skill, and doing a power attack, you can hit for 3 sneak attacks in a row. (You can possibly do this twice for 6 sneak attacks) The reason I picked an Orc for this, is because of their racial Berzerk power. This doubles the damage that you do. So, 6 sneak attacks at 60x damage is seriously deadly. I have managed to kill an Ancient Dragon in one power attack (three hits) With legendary quality Blade of Woe(s).

fowlron
May 30, 2013

wow one it kill on an acient... well, i usually prefear an archer kahjit, because they can get a prety decent sneak, with darkbrotherhood armor and a nightingale bow, and of corse some good arrows, you can use the shadow stone of the shadow agent of nocturnal you can easly sneak throght preaty much everything, anb as shadow agent invisibility is infinite as long as you are sneaking, you can just go on on the dungeons with ease, and you can just use your bow to give a 3x demage, plus a variant of the shrouded gloves on the master bedrom on the new sancuaty, that gives 20% archery and krosis, same thing, you can get a 3,4x dmg on a 40 something damage bow (cant remember) and that deals a lot of freeze and magica damage, killing magika and stamina preaty easly, destroing power attks for 2h, block stag from 1h, and string speels from magicians. Its a preaty good way of one hit killing week borring dudes on dungeons and taking care of the magica/stamina of bosses to make the thing easier.

I now its not perfect, but im a great archer it works very well :)

by fowlron
May 30, 2013

wow one it kill on an acient... well, i usually prefear an archer kahjit, because they can get a prety decent sneak, with darkbrotherhood armor and a nightingale bow, and of corse some good arrows, you can use the shadow stone of the shadow agent of nocturnal you can easly sneak throght preaty much everything, anb as shadow agent invisibility is infinite as long as you are sneaking, you can just go on on the dungeons with ease, and you can just use your bow to give a 3x demage, plus a variant of the shrouded gloves on the master bedrom on the new sancuaty, that gives 20% archery and krosis, same thing, you can get a 3,4x dmg on a 40 something damage bow (cant remember) and that deals a lot of freeze and magica damage, killing magika and stamina preaty easly, destroing power attks for 2h, block stag from 1h, and string speels from magicians. Its a preaty good way of one hit killing week borring dudes on dungeons and taking care of the magica/stamina of bosses to make the thing easier.

I now its not perfect, but im a great archer it works very well :)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.