Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragonborn Song

Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013

I'm still learning so as practice I attempted to translate the english parts of the song to Dovahzul. I have added the ending to make it complete. I would like a proofreader to attempt to look at my translation to see if it is correct.

Un hun, un hun siir kendovii zahreik
Zu'u gesaag hi, Zu'u gesaag hi dovahkiin meyz
Voth kod suleyk do kruziik Bron bahs
Korah, korah dovahkiin meyz
Nii los oblaan wah vokul, do pah Keizaalii paal
Kosiier, kosiir dovahkiin meyz
Fah vulom lost rahn, ahrk zoor gaht naram
hiaan mindok, hiaan mindok dovahkiinii meyz

(where the Dovahzul starts)

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

by Tanzyolviing
December 19, 2013

I'm still learning so as practice I attempted to translate the english parts of the song to Dovahzul. I have added the ending to make it complete. I would like a proofreader to attempt to look at my translation to see if it is correct.

Un hun, un hun siir kendovii zahreik
Zu'u gesaag hi, Zu'u gesaag hi dovahkiin meyz
Voth kod suleyk do kruziik Bron bahs
Nii los oblaan wah vokul, do pah Keizaalii paal
Kosiier, kosiir dovahkiin meyz
hiaan mindok, hiaan mindok dovahkiinii meyz

(where the Dovahzul starts)

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

Aaliizah
December 29, 2013

Drem yol lok! I'm not a pro in the language, but I have a couple of suggestions/corrections to make. I may be wrong, so don't take what I say for granted. It would be best to get advice from someone who's fluent. :)

In a few places, you use the -ii possessive suffix where it isn't necessary: kendovii, Keizaalii, and Dovahkiinii do not need that suffix. However, for Keizaal, since the lyrics go "...of all Skyrim's foes", you could say "Keizaalro paalle" or "paalle do Keizaal". There are a couple other ways  you could potentially say that as well, but in my opinion, these are the best. For kendov, since the line is "warrior's heart", the same thing applies; you might say "kendovro zahreik" or "zahreik do kendov".

Since the Dragonborn is a proper noun, you should probably say "faal Dovahkiin meyz".

In the third line, you say "with wield power of ancient nord art". Don't forget "voice". :) You could use either zul or thu'um, I think, since in context it tells you that his voice wields power, while using thu'um implies that all by itself. If that makes sense.

Hiaan mindok would mean "have you known", which doesn't make sense. It would be better to say "hi fen mindok" or "hi mindokiin". I'm pretty sure you should add the suffix onto the verb, not the subject. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, the second bit is already translated in multiple places. I'm not sure whether it's something you've tried to translate or whether you just threw it in for fun. :P Let me know what your intention was and what you want and I'll try my best.

Pruzah gluus voth hin dojvon. :)

by Aaliizah
December 29, 2013

Drem yol lok! I'm not a pro in the language, but I have a couple of suggestions/corrections to make. I may be wrong, so don't take what I say for granted. It would be best to get advice from someone who's fluent. :)

In a few places, you use the -ii possessive suffix where it isn't necessary: kendovii, Keizaalii, and Dovahkiinii do not need that suffix. However, for Keizaal, since the lyrics go "...of all Skyrim's foes", you could say "Keizaalro paalle" or "paalle do Keizaal". There are a couple other ways  you could potentially say that as well, but in my opinion, these are the best. For kendov, since the line is "warrior's heart", the same thing applies; you might say "kendovro zahreik" or "zahreik do kendov".

Since the Dragonborn is a proper noun, you should probably say "faal Dovahkiin meyz".

In the third line, you say "with wield power of ancient nord art". Don't forget "voice". :) You could use either zul or thu'um, I think, since in context it tells you that his voice wields power, while using thu'um implies that all by itself. If that makes sense.

Hiaan mindok would mean "have you known", which doesn't make sense. It would be better to say "hi fen mindok" or "hi mindokiin". I'm pretty sure you should add the suffix onto the verb, not the subject. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, the second bit is already translated in multiple places. I'm not sure whether it's something you've tried to translate or whether you just threw it in for fun. :P Let me know what your intention was and what you want and I'll try my best.

Tanzyolviing
December 29, 2013
Aaliizah

Thanks! Very helpful. The last part is the actual game one, so I didn't translate that. I threw it in there simply because it was part of the song. If I'm going to write the song on here I might as well put all of it in there. Is what I thought.

by Tanzyolviing
December 29, 2013
Aaliizah

Thanks! Very helpful. The last part is the actual game one, so I didn't translate that. I threw it in there simply because it was part of the song. If I'm going to write the song on here I might as well put all of it in there. Is what I thought.

Aaliizah
December 30, 2013

Those are actually two separate songs. The first bit is called "The Dragonborn Comes" and is sung by bards across Keizaal. The second is part of the song heard on the main menu screen when starting Skyrim. Hence my confusion. But don't worry about it, I can see how those two could be easily mixed up. :) The link to the lyrics of "The Dragonborn Comes" is here: 

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dragonborn_Comes

If you want to know the lyrics to the main theme (called "Dragonborn" in the soundtrack, or the other version on the soundtrack called "Sovngarde"), then you can either look them up or PM me and I'll send them to you (I have them memorized). I'm too lazy to look up the link. :P

by Aaliizah
December 30, 2013

Those are actually two separate songs. The first bit is called "The Dragonborn Comes" and is sung by bards across Keizaal. The second is part of the song heard on the main menu screen when starting Skyrim. Hence my confusion. But don't worry about it, I can see how those two could be easily mixed up. :) The link to the lyrics of "The Dragonborn Comes" is here: 

If you want to know the lyrics to the main theme (called "Dragonborn" in the soundtrack, or the other version on the soundtrack called "Sovngarde"), then you can either look them up or PM me and I'll send them to you (I have them memorized). I'm too lazy to look up the link. :P

Tanzyolviing
December 30, 2013
Aaliizah

Really? I've heard many versions with this at the end that they've added. Oh well, I can remove it not an entirely big deal. Thanks for the help and the link to the lyrics. I'll attempt to fix the rest of it at a later date. I'm getting pretty full of things to do.

by Tanzyolviing
December 30, 2013
Aaliizah

Really? I've heard many versions with this at the end that they've added. Oh well, I can remove it not an entirely big deal. Thanks for the help and the link to the lyrics. I'll attempt to fix the rest of it at a later date. I'm getting pretty full of things to do.

Aaliizah
December 30, 2013

No problem. :)

by Aaliizah
December 30, 2013

No problem. :)

Arylos
February 24, 2014

I know that this might be resolved, but I think I have your answer. I did reorganize the syllables to allow one to sing this lyrics to the song and match the English words. Later, I might post an mp3.

(based on the long version of the song)

Un hun, un hun siir kendovro zahreik
Zu'u gesaag hi, gesaag hi dovahkiin meyz
Voth thu’um kod suleyk do kruziik bron bahs

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

Nii los oblaan wah vokul, do pah Keizaalro paal
Kosiir, kosiir dovahkiin meyz
hi mindokiin, hi mindokiin faal dovahkiin meyz

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

I hope this helps out the issue.

by Arylos
February 24, 2014

I know that this might be resolved, but I think I have your answer. I did reorganize the syllables to allow one to sing this lyrics to the song and match the English words. Later, I might post an mp3.

(based on the long version of the song)

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin
naal ok zin los vahriin
fod nust hon zindro zaan

I hope this helps out the issue.

Orkar Isber
May 10, 2015

will there be an mp3? id love to have it ^^

by Orkar Isber
May 10, 2015

will there be an mp3? id love to have it ^^

Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

by Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.