Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

On the use of "drem" as a greeting

Aaliizah
December 27, 2013

I've noticed that in-game, Paarthurnax says "drem" when the player shows impatience or eagerness and wants to calm him down (sort of like "chill out, dude" or "be patient"). I got to thinking maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to use this as a greeting because of the way it is already used. Thoughts?

by Aaliizah
December 27, 2013

I've noticed that in-game, Paarthurnax says "drem" when the player shows impatience or eagerness and wants to calm him down (sort of like "chill out, dude" or "be patient"). I got to thinking maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to use this as a greeting because of the way it is already used. Thoughts?

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 27, 2013

Good thinking, and good find in-game. As hard as it will be to undo that habit, this makes sense. So for greetings, the full "Drem yol lok" or the word "Ahnok".

by paarthurnax
December 27, 2013

Good thinking, and good find in-game. As hard as it will be to undo that habit, this makes sense. So for greetings, the full "Drem yol lok" or the word "Ahnok".

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.