Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Modification of some definitions?

Drakpa
January 9, 2014

I didn't any other thread about this topic, so, I'm starting this one~

I was searching a translation of "to modify" in Dovahzul, and I found the the translation of "Modification", which is "Vuldak". I decided then to take a look to "Vuld" as it is the base-word of "Vuldak", and it's translation is "Shift, Change, Transfer".

My question is: should we add "Modify" as another translation of "Vuld", or should we create another word which would be a synonymous of "Vuld"?
In my opinion, we should choose the first solution, as "Vuldak" already means "modification", but it would then mean that "to modify" and "to change" are the same word in Dovahzul, since "Vuldak" hasn't been transated by "change" (the noun). And if we accept this, we should the add "change" (as a noun) as another translation of "Vuldak".

What do yuo think about that?

by Drakpa
January 9, 2014

I didn't any other thread about this topic, so, I'm starting this one~

I was searching a translation of "to modify" in Dovahzul, and I found the the translation of "Modification", which is "Vuldak". I decided then to take a look to "Vuld" as it is the base-word of "Vuldak", and it's translation is "Shift, Change, Transfer".

My question is: should we add "Modify" as another translation of "Vuld", or should we create another word which would be a synonymous of "Vuld"?
In my opinion, we should choose the first solution, as "Vuldak" already means "modification", but it would then mean that "to modify" and "to change" are the same word in Dovahzul, since "Vuldak" hasn't been transated by "change" (the noun). And if we accept this, we should the add "change" (as a noun) as another translation of "Vuldak".

What do yuo think about that?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 9, 2014

Sure, I can add "to modify" to "Vuld" and "change" to "Vuldak". I think that will be the simplest solution.

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2014

Sure, I can add "to modify" to "Vuld" and "change" to "Vuldak". I think that will be the simplest solution.

Drakpa
January 9, 2014

Ok! That was also my opinion, even if we loose a subtle distinction between "edit" and "modify" (or maybe the distinction is a bit stronger in French than in English, that'd be why I see it then).

by Drakpa
January 9, 2014

Ok! That was also my opinion, even if we loose a subtle distinction between "edit" and "modify" (or maybe the distinction is a bit stronger in French than in English, that'd be why I see it then).

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.