Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hilarious Moments in The Elder Scrolls

1  2  3  4 > >>  

Styorngolkiir
January 13, 2014

Let's be honest. As great as The Elder Scrolls is (I personally played only one, but I've seen game footage of another) you sometimes can't help but to laugh.  This thread is ment to be for any Elder Scrolls game, as long as it will make us all laugh out loud! 

by Styorngolkiir
January 13, 2014

Let's be honest. As great as The Elder Scrolls is (I personally played only one, but I've seen game footage of another) you sometimes can't help but to laugh.  This thread is ment to be for any Elder Scrolls game, as long as it will make us all laugh out loud! 

Swamp337
January 16, 2014

I was once arrested in Dawnstar. No big deal, this was my thief character and I could easily escape. However, I hit a snag when a guard randomly teleported behind me ( he was in front of me, then suddenly he was staring me in the back) and I had to run. I made it to a glacier on the sea when I noticed something odd. His neck had a slight curve to the left. What's more, when I made him turn 180 degrees in third person mode, his arms would snap to his chest and he would slowly rotate. I dismissed this as a hilarious glitch and returned to the prison to collect my belongings. When I entered the prison, however, I noticed that even in third person I could not see my character. 

by Swamp337
January 16, 2014

I was once arrested in Dawnstar. No big deal, this was my thief character and I could easily escape. However, I hit a snag when a guard randomly teleported behind me ( he was in front of me, then suddenly he was staring me in the back) and I had to run. I made it to a glacier on the sea when I noticed something odd. His neck had a slight curve to the left. What's more, when I made him turn 180 degrees in third person mode, his arms would snap to his chest and he would slowly rotate. I dismissed this as a hilarious glitch and returned to the prison to collect my belongings. When I entered the prison, however, I noticed that even in third person I could not see my character. 

Swamp337
January 16, 2014

When I looked up, I saw him floating above me, hitting the ceiling with a rythmatic thumping. He could still attack, but he could only really hit with his spells. He'd attack wherever the crosshairs were. After stealing my belongings from the guards (which was easy, seeing as I could float over them and the couldn't hit me) and fast traveling to the Abandoned House he returned to normal, except for his neck, which twisted so far to the left that his head was sideways. 

by Swamp337
January 16, 2014

When I looked up, I saw him floating above me, hitting the ceiling with a rythmatic thumping. He could still attack, but he could only really hit with his spells. He'd attack wherever the crosshairs were. After stealing my belongings from the guards (which was easy, seeing as I could float over them and the couldn't hit me) and fast traveling to the Abandoned House he returned to normal, except for his neck, which twisted so far to the left that his head was sideways. 

Swamp337
January 16, 2014

I was hysterical throughout the glitch, nearly passing out on the loading screen. 

by Swamp337
January 16, 2014

I was hysterical throughout the glitch, nearly passing out on the loading screen. 

Styorngolkiir
January 17, 2014

I had a hilarious glitch quite recently.  I had the legendary edition of Skyrim, and therefore, it contained the Dawnstar expansion pack.  It all started in Marthal.  I was going to get my vampirism cured, but a dragon came out of no where. I panacked, for a vampire is weaker in the daylight. I decided to summon durnehviir, so he could fight the dragon for me. That didn't work because he ended up being stuck in the ground! I didn't really care, and didn't bother with the annoying glitch until he came through the ground.... tail first. Yes ladies and gentlemen, durnehviir has begun to spin in a complete circle with his tail pointing the sky through the ground! He did so until he reached the very top of Skyrim into the reaches of space.

by Styorngolkiir
January 17, 2014

I had a hilarious glitch quite recently.  I had the legendary edition of Skyrim, and therefore, it contained the Dawnstar expansion pack.  It all started in Marthal.  I was going to get my vampirism cured, but a dragon came out of no where. I panacked, for a vampire is weaker in the daylight. I decided to summon durnehviir, so he could fight the dragon for me. That didn't work because he ended up being stuck in the ground! I didn't really care, and didn't bother with the annoying glitch until he came through the ground.... tail first. Yes ladies and gentlemen, durnehviir has begun to spin in a complete circle with his tail pointing the sky through the ground! He did so until he reached the very top of Skyrim into the reaches of space.

nojman96
January 24, 2014

All Disco mammoths. Hillarious.

by nojman96
January 24, 2014

All Disco mammoths. Hillarious.

Classicc
January 28, 2014

My personal favourite must've been the mammoth glitch. It was the first glitch that has ever happened to me in the game. It was just ouside of Whiterun, on the plains: I approached a giant's camp and found two mammoths strolling nearby. I decided to keep my distance because I was at a low level and didn't want any trouble. Just as I was about to leave, I saw one of the mammoths jump about 10 or so metres in the air, and then slowly descend onto the back of the second mammoth, who remained as casual as ever. I remember I laughed for a very long time and I can't take these animals seriously anymore :)

by Classicc
January 28, 2014

My personal favourite must've been the mammoth glitch. It was the first glitch that has ever happened to me in the game. It was just ouside of Whiterun, on the plains: I approached a giant's camp and found two mammoths strolling nearby. I decided to keep my distance because I was at a low level and didn't want any trouble. Just as I was about to leave, I saw one of the mammoths jump about 10 or so metres in the air, and then slowly descend onto the back of the second mammoth, who remained as casual as ever. I remember I laughed for a very long time and I can't take these animals seriously anymore :)

BanditNation
January 28, 2014

I was practicing fighting in the High Hrothgar Courtyard (Yes, i know. GREAT idea!) I accidentally hit Wulfgar, and he froze me and Fus Ro Dah'd me off the mountain. I was laughing for an hour.

by BanditNation
January 28, 2014

I was practicing fighting in the High Hrothgar Courtyard (Yes, i know. GREAT idea!) I accidentally hit Wulfgar, and he froze me and Fus Ro Dah'd me off the mountain. I was laughing for an hour.

LastForerunner
February 17, 2014

I remember this one time while I was watching my brother play Skyrim. He had all 3 expansion packs, and as he was heading to the place where you fight the Ebony Warrior, he happened to kill a fox (I think it was a snow fox since the enviroment was mostly snow-covered). No big deal, right?

Well, at that exact moment the fox fell over, an LEGENDARY DRAGON came out of nowhere and attacked him. I'm dead serious.

Ever since then we've called Legendary Dragons "PETA Dragons".

by LastForerunner
February 17, 2014

I remember this one time while I was watching my brother play Skyrim. He had all 3 expansion packs, and as he was heading to the place where you fight the Ebony Warrior, he happened to kill a fox (I think it was a snow fox since the enviroment was mostly snow-covered). No big deal, right?

Well, at that exact moment the fox fell over, an LEGENDARY DRAGON came out of nowhere and attacked him. I'm dead serious.

Ever since then we've called Legendary Dragons "PETA Dragons".

Rah Los Aaz
February 18, 2014
BanditNation

hahahahahahahaha now THAT is something i call "Dragonborn has left the building" xD hahahaa

by Rah Los Aaz
February 18, 2014
BanditNation

hahahahahahahaha now THAT is something i call "Dragonborn has left the building" xD hahahaa

NafaaIiIargus
March 9, 2014

This one time I went through the dawnguard dlc for the third time and  I came across this wierd glitch. I was on the quest "Dawnguard" and when I entered fort dawnguard, the floor didn't load... (the only floor that did load was the small hallway that lead to the front door that you enter from) so Isran and Tolan were swiming in water going in all directions while talking to each other... lol

by NafaaIiIargus
March 9, 2014

This one time I went through the dawnguard dlc for the third time and  I came across this wierd glitch. I was on the quest "Dawnguard" and when I entered fort dawnguard, the floor didn't load... (the only floor that did load was the small hallway that lead to the front door that you enter from) so Isran and Tolan were swiming in water going in all directions while talking to each other... lol

Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

Heheh. So there was this one time, I was a mage, right? A mage and a thief. I was outside Shor's Stone (or somewhere nearabouts), and there was a guard fighting off two Frostbite Spiders.

Like the good citizen that I am, I sent a Fireball their way -- and accidentally hit the guard with the AoE. Cue 40 gold bounty for assault.

So I ran up to him, sheathed my weapon and whatnot, and he didn't accept the yield - it was like Oblivion all over again - and I basically went "Oh crap you're gonna kill me RUUUUUUUN" and legged it to those watchtowers outside of Riften, right?

(more in next post, this is quite the tale)

by Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

Heheh. So there was this one time, I was a mage, right? A mage and a thief. I was outside Shor's Stone (or somewhere nearabouts), and there was a guard fighting off two Frostbite Spiders.

Like the good citizen that I am, I sent a Fireball their way -- and accidentally hit the guard with the AoE. Cue 40 gold bounty for assault.

So I ran up to him, sheathed my weapon and whatnot, and he didn't accept the yield - it was like Oblivion all over again - and I basically went "Oh crap you're gonna kill me RUUUUUUUN" and legged it to those watchtowers outside of Riften, right?

(more in next post, this is quite the tale)

Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

So it turned out, one of the friends I'd made at some point went and attacked that guard. And killed him. Cue +1000 bounty. Of course, I only found that out when I made it to the watchtowers and got ambushed by four guards.

I fireballed them (whoops, another 160 bounty) and ran through the gate, through the marketplace, up to Mistveil Keep (I was going the wrong way =/ ), back down, then to the Thieves Guild secret entrance. Cause the Guild is reliable and don't kill me on sight.

Went down into the Cistern, took a health potion or two, stood around for a minute to think - that's when one of the guards power attacked me with a battleaxe. Turns out, I'd left the entrance open, and all these guards had the foresight to follow me into the Cistern. I counted them after, there were quite literally a dozen of them.

(last bit in next post, I told you it was long)

by Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

So it turned out, one of the friends I'd made at some point went and attacked that guard. And killed him. Cue +1000 bounty. Of course, I only found that out when I made it to the watchtowers and got ambushed by four guards.

I fireballed them (whoops, another 160 bounty) and ran through the gate, through the marketplace, up to Mistveil Keep (I was going the wrong way =/ ), back down, then to the Thieves Guild secret entrance. Cause the Guild is reliable and don't kill me on sight.

Went down into the Cistern, took a health potion or two, stood around for a minute to think - that's when one of the guards power attacked me with a battleaxe. Turns out, I'd left the entrance open, and all these guards had the foresight to follow me into the Cistern. I counted them after, there were quite literally a dozen of them.

(last bit in next post, I told you it was long)

Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

OK, so after about five minutes of combat and several fireballs, they all died, OK? OK. So I went over, checked out the bodies, counted them - 12 exactly, plus the one near the spiders - and collected their arrows. I'm a thief, I can do that.

And then, one more guard came down, looked at me, and went; "You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people. What say you in your defence?"

Woooo, arrest dialogue. Finally. Fully expecting a ~14000 bounty, I started to go for the "Go to jail" option (there was no way I'd pay that), but see the thing is...

... all those Cistern kills were attributed to the Guild instead. So all I had to do, was pay this guard like 700 septims, and he'd be on his way, and I'd get away with killing two-thirds of the Riften guard force.

So, well, that's what I did. Seven hundred gold later, this guard's wandering around the Cistern, trying to find the exit. Seriously, he couldn't get out for some reason, it was hilarious. I think he ended up going through the Ragged Flagon and the Ratway in the end...

by Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

OK, so after about five minutes of combat and several fireballs, they all died, OK? OK. So I went over, checked out the bodies, counted them - 12 exactly, plus the one near the spiders - and collected their arrows. I'm a thief, I can do that.

And then, one more guard came down, looked at me, and went; "You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people. What say you in your defence?"

Woooo, arrest dialogue. Finally. Fully expecting a ~14000 bounty, I started to go for the "Go to jail" option (there was no way I'd pay that), but see the thing is...

... all those Cistern kills were attributed to the Guild instead. So all I had to do, was pay this guard like 700 septims, and he'd be on his way, and I'd get away with killing two-thirds of the Riften guard force.

So, well, that's what I did. Seven hundred gold later, this guard's wandering around the Cistern, trying to find the exit. Seriously, he couldn't get out for some reason, it was hilarious. I think he ended up going through the Ragged Flagon and the Ratway in the end...

BanditNation
March 24, 2014

Recently, i was talking to Paarthurnax, when a Blood Dragon appeared. (Little did i know, it was one of the friendly dragons you find flying around the TotW.) I used Fire Breath on it, then he started fighting me. No big deal. Then Paarthurnax fought me too! Paarthy, why?

by BanditNation
March 24, 2014

Recently, i was talking to Paarthurnax, when a Blood Dragon appeared. (Little did i know, it was one of the friendly dragons you find flying around the TotW.) I used Fire Breath on it, then he started fighting me. No big deal. Then Paarthurnax fought me too! Paarthy, why?

1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.