Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alduins Meteor Shout

zunhaalviik
January 27, 2014

Despite the shout having no words, and it only looks as he barks at the sky, what would be the words to Alduin's Meteor Shout? So far, I've only come up with:

"Mah", "Lok", and "Yol" or Fall, Sky, and Fire. What do you think the words to this shout are?

by zunhaalviik
January 27, 2014

Despite the shout having no words, and it only looks as he barks at the sky, what would be the words to Alduin's Meteor Shout? So far, I've only come up with:

"Mah", "Lok", and "Yol" or Fall, Sky, and Fire. What do you think the words to this shout are?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 27, 2014

I like your idea, it's simple and direct. Quick note, I moved this to the Dragon Language Discussion forum - it's a better fit here.

by paarthurnax
January 27, 2014

I like your idea, it's simple and direct. Quick note, I moved this to the Dragon Language Discussion forum - it's a better fit here.

zunhaalviik
January 30, 2014
paarthurnax

Oh, alright then!

by zunhaalviik
January 30, 2014
paarthurnax

Oh, alright then!

In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

What about...

Toor lok vild

by In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

What about...

Toor lok vild

SkraafiiSeShuniik
December 30, 2014
zunhaalviik

I know this was a year ago and all, but you could even do 'Mah Lok Golz', for 'Fall Sky Stone'. As meteors are chunks of rock, this would fit in.

by SkraafiiSeShuniik
December 30, 2014
zunhaalviik

I know this was a year ago and all, but you could even do 'Mah Lok Golz', for 'Fall Sky Stone'. As meteors are chunks of rock, this would fit in.

Aaliizah
January 4, 2015
SkraafiiSeShuniik
zunhaalviik

Or maybe Golz Mah Lok. That flows more easily when you try to shout it.

by Aaliizah
January 4, 2015
SkraafiiSeShuniik
zunhaalviik

Or maybe Golz Mah Lok. That flows more easily when you try to shout it.

Angeluscaligo
February 11, 2015

Mah-Yol-Lok = Fall-Fire-Sky
Vild-Toor-Lok = Rock-Inferno-Sky
Golz-Mah-Lok = Stone-Fall-Sky

These are all very valid ideas, but looking at canon Thu'ums & Alduin's behaviour while shouting the Thu'um, I think Vild-Toor-Lok would be the most fitting. When said in quick succesion, the words form a sort of barklike sound - at least to me.

Edit: Rearranged the seperate shouts according to Aaliizah's suggestion of phonetic flow.

by Angeluscaligo
February 11, 2015

Mah-Yol-Lok = Fall-Fire-Sky
Vild-Toor-Lok = Rock-Inferno-Sky
Golz-Mah-Lok = Stone-Fall-Sky

These are all very valid ideas, but looking at canon Thu'ums & Alduin's behaviour while shouting the Thu'um, I think Vild-Toor-Lok would be the most fitting. When said in quick succesion, the words form a sort of barklike sound - at least to me.

Edit: Rearranged the seperate shouts according to Aaliizah's suggestion of phonetic flow.

Ausnahthur
February 28, 2015

If I may make a suggestion,

Gol-Lok-Strun

Earth-Sky-Storm

by Ausnahthur
February 28, 2015

If I may make a suggestion,

Gol-Lok-Strun

Earth-Sky-Storm

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.