Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

About the difference of "uu" and "u'u"

Drakpa
January 31, 2014

Hello everybody!

Well, yesterday, I was at the High Hrothgar, and I saw on a flag in the meeting room two words: "thu'um" and "su'um". Logic wants us to write it:
- t + h + uu + m
- s + uu + m

BUT (yes, because it an  important one), BUT I saw it written like this:
- t + h + u + u + m
- s + u + u + m

I will upload a screenshot of this as soon as possible.

So, I suppose that when we got an apostrophe between two vowels, we have to actually write twice the vowel, and not just writing the vowel "uu" instead.

I will also chase words like this (if there are other ones) in Skyrim on the Dragon Walls.

by Drakpa
January 31, 2014

Hello everybody!

Well, yesterday, I was at the High Hrothgar, and I saw on a flag in the meeting room two words: "thu'um" and "su'um". Logic wants us to write it:
- t + h + uu + m
- s + uu + m

BUT (yes, because it an  important one), BUT I saw it written like this:
- t + h + u + u + m
- s + u + u + m

I will upload a screenshot of this as soon as possible.

So, I suppose that when we got an apostrophe between two vowels, we have to actually write twice the vowel, and not just writing the vowel "uu" instead.

I will also chase words like this (if there are other ones) in Skyrim on the Dragon Walls.

Drakpa
January 31, 2014

Oh, my bad, it was not at the High Hrotgar, but I'm pretty sure I saw it. A I said, I'll upload a pictcure as soon as I found it back.

by Drakpa
January 31, 2014

Oh, my bad, it was not at the High Hrotgar, but I'm pretty sure I saw it. A I said, I'll upload a pictcure as soon as I found it back.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 31, 2014

It's spelled "t + h + uu + m" here.

by paarthurnax
January 31, 2014

It's spelled "t + h + uu + m" here.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 31, 2014

Same here, this is the Word Wall for Throw Voice, found on Shearpoint. "Thu'um" is written on the lower right:

by paarthurnax
January 31, 2014

Same here, this is the Word Wall for Throw Voice, found on Shearpoint. "Thu'um" is written on the lower right:

Drakpa
February 1, 2014

Yes, as I said, I can't find it back, even if I'm pretty sure I saw it... Well, anyway, IF I find it back (if I actually saw it), it would only be another way to write it.

by Drakpa
February 1, 2014

Yes, as I said, I can't find it back, even if I'm pretty sure I saw it... Well, anyway, IF I find it back (if I actually saw it), it would only be another way to write it.

Aaliizah
February 2, 2014

Not to mention...

by Aaliizah
February 2, 2014

Not to mention...

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 3, 2014

Whoops! :) To be fair that was made way before I knew about u'u. I'll see about changing it.

by paarthurnax
February 3, 2014

Whoops! :) To be fair that was made way before I knew about u'u. I'll see about changing it.

Drakpa
February 4, 2014

Ah, it must be what made me think about this, and after a little mix in my head, I was persuaded I saw it in Skyrim. Well, at least, this thread could show there was a little issue with the banner of Thuum.org (^_^) (Btw, I'll post somthing else when I will be back on my computer, but this time on pronunciation and with audio files)

by Drakpa
February 4, 2014

Ah, it must be what made me think about this, and after a little mix in my head, I was persuaded I saw it in Skyrim. Well, at least, this thread could show there was a little issue with the banner of Thuum.org (^_^) (Btw, I'll post somthing else when I will be back on my computer, but this time on pronunciation and with audio files)

Drakpa
February 10, 2014

Oh, I just saw it, but it seems you didn't updated neither the contributor's manual at the section"Spelling", because the apostrophe is still mentioned.

by Drakpa
February 10, 2014

Oh, I just saw it, but it seems you didn't updated neither the contributor's manual at the section"Spelling", because the apostrophe is still mentioned.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 10, 2014
Drakpa

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I really ought to rewrite the contributor's manual completely. I'll be sure to fix that.

by paarthurnax
February 10, 2014
Drakpa

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I really ought to rewrite the contributor's manual completely. I'll be sure to fix that.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.