Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translations - theezra

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2013

Feel free to post all of your translation work and any questions you might have here.

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2013

Feel free to post all of your translation work and any questions you might have here.

theezra
March 18, 2013

I just finished the exercises, mind to check them?

1. "How many men does it take to kill a dragon?"

Vir porgaan muz los praag wah krif dovah?

2. "I should have known you would betray me."

Zu'u funt mindokaan hii fund grut zey.

3."Skyrim belongs to the Nords!  May no man name himself our emperor."

Keizaal engein wah Bronne! Aal nid muz for okmaar un Ulokuun.

by theezra
March 18, 2013

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2013
theezra

Just a slight spelling error at the beginning: "Vir pogaan".  Also "krif" means "to fight", "krii" might fit better here.

There are a couple ways to phrase questions in the Dragon Language:  The first is the way you have it, except I would add "dreh nii", "does it":

Vir pogaan muz dreh nii praag wah krii dovah?

With those additions it's a very fine translation.  Another way you could do it is by just flipping the subject-verb order:

Vir pogaan muz praag nii wah krii dovah?

Either is correct.

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2013
theezra

Just a slight spelling error at the beginning: "Vir pogaan".  Also "krif" means "to fight", "krii" might fit better here.

There are a couple ways to phrase questions in the Dragon Language:  The first is the way you have it, except I would add "dreh nii", "does it":

Vir pogaan muz dreh nii praag wah krii dovah?

With those additions it's a very fine translation.  Another way you could do it is by just flipping the subject-verb order:

Vir pogaan muz praag nii wah krii dovah?

Either is correct.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2013
theezra

This is great!  Really minor, it's spelled "hi", not "hii" (confusing I know, a lot of words do end with "-ii").

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2013
theezra

This is great!  Really minor, it's spelled "hi", not "hii" (confusing I know, a lot of words do end with "-ii").

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2013
theezra

"Muz" means "men" and is the plural of the word "Jul", which means "man".  Depending on personal preference, you might also say "wah faal Bronne!" since it is a proper noun.  It really depends on the perspective.  Since this is likely a Nord speaking, they might decide to use "faal Bronne", whereas if they were to say "the Emperor", they might omit "faal" because they don't hold the Emperor as highly.

I hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any questions as you move into translating those speeches.

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2013
theezra

"Muz" means "men" and is the plural of the word "Jul", which means "man".  Depending on personal preference, you might also say "wah faal Bronne!" since it is a proper noun.  It really depends on the perspective.  Since this is likely a Nord speaking, they might decide to use "faal Bronne", whereas if they were to say "the Emperor", they might omit "faal" because they don't hold the Emperor as highly.

I hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any questions as you move into translating those speeches.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.