Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Really Bad Bug

BanditNation
March 10, 2014

No, this isn't a bug like a Frostbite Spider or a turtle. I don't know how it happened, in Skyrim i can't wear another armor. Literally. I can't auto-equip any other armor, and if i unequip my armor and equip the armor it won't let me, and when i try to reequip the first armor, it won't let me. I need help, this is really frustrating and, frankly, i don't like my current armor set anymore.

by BanditNation
March 10, 2014

No, this isn't a bug like a Frostbite Spider or a turtle. I don't know how it happened, in Skyrim i can't wear another armor. Literally. I can't auto-equip any other armor, and if i unequip my armor and equip the armor it won't let me, and when i try to reequip the first armor, it won't let me. I need help, this is really frustrating and, frankly, i don't like my current armor set anymore.

Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

Have you tried:

-Saving/loading

-Restarting your system (e.g PC, Xbox, etc)

If yes to both, are you wearing the cursed version of Hircine's Ring? If you're trying to equip something in the ring slot, Hircine's Ring interferes with that.

Not that? Perhaps you're on some other sort of quest that requires a certain armour - unlikely, but possible I guess.

If it isn't any of those, try selling your current armour to a shopkeeper (or giving it to a follower) and then equipping the new armour - it should remove it from your inventory that way.

In the same theme, try getting arrested and going to jail; your possessions will be placed in the Evidence/Prisoner Goods chests. Hopefully, including the armour you want to unequip. From there, just put some more armour on once you serve your time.

That's all I can think of, sorry. Hope they work.

by Ziidoyol
March 10, 2014

Have you tried:

-Saving/loading

-Restarting your system (e.g PC, Xbox, etc)

If yes to both, are you wearing the cursed version of Hircine's Ring? If you're trying to equip something in the ring slot, Hircine's Ring interferes with that.

Not that? Perhaps you're on some other sort of quest that requires a certain armour - unlikely, but possible I guess.

If it isn't any of those, try selling your current armour to a shopkeeper (or giving it to a follower) and then equipping the new armour - it should remove it from your inventory that way.

In the same theme, try getting arrested and going to jail; your possessions will be placed in the Evidence/Prisoner Goods chests. Hopefully, including the armour you want to unequip. From there, just put some more armour on once you serve your time.

That's all I can think of, sorry. Hope they work.

BanditNation
March 10, 2014

I already tried the first two, the saving and reloading and restarting. I sold the armor, wouldn't work. I got sent to jail, it didn't even put the ragged robes on me!

Maybe i should just make a new game, or something.

by BanditNation
March 10, 2014

I already tried the first two, the saving and reloading and restarting. I sold the armor, wouldn't work. I got sent to jail, it didn't even put the ragged robes on me!

Maybe i should just make a new game, or something.

shynight
March 11, 2014

Is this on the PC? If so, maybe a mod you're using is causing it?

If it's not... I got nothin'

by shynight
March 11, 2014

Is this on the PC? If so, maybe a mod you're using is causing it?

If it's not... I got nothin'

BanditNation
March 11, 2014

I am on PC, but i don't think it's a particular mod.

by BanditNation
March 11, 2014

I am on PC, but i don't think it's a particular mod.

Seb1
January 18, 2016
😞
by Seb1
January 18, 2016
😞

Malboviing
January 27, 2016

That happened to me once. After a while, I just gave up and restarted.

by Malboviing
January 27, 2016

That happened to me once. After a while, I just gave up and restarted.

Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

If nothing else works, make the most of what little time you have left with your loved one.

by Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

If nothing else works, make the most of what little time you have left with your loved one.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.