Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahkiin = Superhero? Thu'um = Super power?

Bronkiinhun
April 4, 2014

So my brother asked me if i could have any super power, I said the Thu'um because i thought it would be cool to have,and he said it doesn't count because in real life there are not word walls, does it still count as a super power, and does the Dovahkiin (from skyrim) count as a superhero?

by Bronkiinhun
April 4, 2014

So my brother asked me if i could have any super power, I said the Thu'um because i thought it would be cool to have,and he said it doesn't count because in real life there are not word walls, does it still count as a super power, and does the Dovahkiin (from skyrim) count as a superhero?

hiith
April 4, 2014
I believe so; yes. It isn't quite the iconic figure that is usually associated with our ideas of superheroes, but it's the same concept, isn't it? A person with a supernatural ability that he uses for what he sees is right? Unless you abuse your power, making him a super-villain, which could just be a matter of perspective.
by hiith
April 4, 2014
I believe so; yes. It isn't quite the iconic figure that is usually associated with our ideas of superheroes, but it's the same concept, isn't it? A person with a supernatural ability that he uses for what he sees is right? Unless you abuse your power, making him a super-villain, which could just be a matter of perspective.

dragonrider58
April 4, 2014

I think that he's technically a superhero. The idea of a hero doesn't even mean that he has to have superpowers. Like I could be someone's superhero but it doesn't mean I have laser vision or strangth. Your brother is wrong even if the Dragonborn was a superhero because he said that word walls don't exist but if you said captain america's power and he was fine with it he would be wrong. We're saying what it would be like if word walls did exist not that they do exist. Hope I helped you out.

by dragonrider58
April 4, 2014

I think that he's technically a superhero. The idea of a hero doesn't even mean that he has to have superpowers. Like I could be someone's superhero but it doesn't mean I have laser vision or strangth. Your brother is wrong even if the Dragonborn was a superhero because he said that word walls don't exist but if you said captain america's power and he was fine with it he would be wrong. We're saying what it would be like if word walls did exist not that they do exist. Hope I helped you out.

Malboviing
January 28, 2016

Yeah, he was born with it, and he had to unlock it. Every super hero has to do that in some way shape or form.

by Malboviing
January 28, 2016

Yeah, he was born with it, and he had to unlock it. Every super hero has to do that in some way shape or form.

Duryoljot
January 29, 2016

The community speaks the truth. Tell your bro that the Dragonborn is cooler than any Stan Lee fantasy, and that his power outdoes the abstract abilites of Marvel.

In other words, he is cooler and more original.

by Duryoljot
January 29, 2016

The community speaks the truth. Tell your bro that the Dragonborn is cooler than any Stan Lee fantasy, and that his power outdoes the abstract abilites of Marvel.

DarkCath09
February 1, 2016
Yolos Vith

As a big fan of the Marvel universe I don't know if I must be insulted by that comment, but other than that I say yes. Heroes come in many forms and shape, but the term superhero go for superhuman, and frankly, who fit the most the term than the dovahkiin. Hey, someone with the soul of a dragon, who can learn and use the power of the dov, someone that nothing can stop, no matter how much you can try. In my book that what you call a superhero.

by DarkCath09
February 1, 2016
Yolos Vith

As a big fan of the Marvel universe I don't know if I must be insulted by that comment, but other than that I say yes. Heroes come in many forms and shape, but the term superhero go for superhuman, and frankly, who fit the most the term than the dovahkiin. Hey, someone with the soul of a dragon, who can learn and use the power of the dov, someone that nothing can stop, no matter how much you can try. In my book that what you call a superhero.

Duryoljot
February 1, 2016

Alrighty... I'm fine with comics, but sometimes people go a bit too far with them.

by Duryoljot
February 1, 2016

Alrighty... I'm fine with comics, but sometimes people go a bit too far with them.

volzah zol
February 1, 2016

Thuum doesn't count because in real life there are no word walls. But there are super powers in real life? Hmm....

by volzah zol
February 1, 2016

Thuum doesn't count because in real life there are no word walls. But there are super powers in real life? Hmm....

Duryoljot
February 3, 2016

Of course you just HAD to complicate things...

Let's just assume that if a giant man-leech can devour planets that somewhere out there in the Marvel-DC brainchild universe we can find Dovahkiin.

by Duryoljot
February 3, 2016

Of course you just HAD to complicate things...

Let's just assume that if a giant man-leech can devour planets that somewhere out there in the Marvel-DC brainchild universe we can find Dovahkiin.

Malboviing
February 5, 2016

Go Yolos!

by Malboviing
February 5, 2016

Go Yolos!

Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

Thank you, loyal subject. I'll see you rewarded with drink and women!

by Duryoljot
February 5, 2016

Thank you, loyal subject. I'll see you rewarded with drink and women!

Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

And then all was quiet... I strode from the battlefield seemingly victorious, only to find Volzah's new thread about the one canon subject I suck at: the Gods.

by Duryoljot
February 8, 2016

And then all was quiet... I strode from the battlefield seemingly victorious, only to find Volzah's new thread about the one canon subject I suck at: the Gods.

volzah zol
February 8, 2016
Yolos Vith

XD

by volzah zol
February 8, 2016
Yolos Vith

XD

Duryoljot
February 9, 2016

You devious emoji usin' yellabelly!

by Duryoljot
February 9, 2016

You devious emoji usin' yellabelly!

Malboviing
February 12, 2016

Oh boy.

by Malboviing
February 12, 2016

Oh boy.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.