Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Types

Morovahdin
June 23, 2014

According to the notes for some words in the dictionary, those words can function as multiple word types. For example, "Meintiid" (Schedule) is listed as a noun, but its notes state that it can also be used as a verb.

Right now, it is not possible to see from the dictionary page that these words can function as different word types. Would it be a good idea to change this? One possible change could be that a particular word has two entries in the dictionary (for example, one version of "Meintiid" as a noun and one version as a verb). Another possible change could be to list both word types for a single dictionary entry (for example, the entry seen in the dictionary could state something like "Meintiid (noun, verb) - Schedule").

by Morovahdin
June 23, 2014

According to the notes for some words in the dictionary, those words can function as multiple word types. For example, "Meintiid" (Schedule) is listed as a noun, but its notes state that it can also be used as a verb.

Right now, it is not possible to see from the dictionary page that these words can function as different word types. Would it be a good idea to change this? One possible change could be that a particular word has two entries in the dictionary (for example, one version of "Meintiid" as a noun and one version as a verb). Another possible change could be to list both word types for a single dictionary entry (for example, the entry seen in the dictionary could state something like "Meintiid (noun, verb) - Schedule").

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 25, 2014

Sure, I think this would be good idea. The first idea of having multiple entries for each word type will work best. Because of how things are set up, the second idea wouldn't be readily searchable.

I plan on making a new set of print dictionaries once we hit 5k words (currently at 4.9k). This change will take quite a bit of work, so I'm thinking I'll start on this after those dictionaries are out.

by paarthurnax
June 25, 2014

Sure, I think this would be good idea. The first idea of having multiple entries for each word type will work best. Because of how things are set up, the second idea wouldn't be readily searchable.

I plan on making a new set of print dictionaries once we hit 5k words (currently at 4.9k). This change will take quite a bit of work, so I'm thinking I'll start on this after those dictionaries are out.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.