Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The beggining of heroes

ikaram
July 20, 2014

(This is happening in the same timeline as is Adventures in Nirn, but not all at the same time, since Kaj, Norcon and Phelan aren't all the same age. First, my story.)

"When are we going to do some adventuring, dad? You said you did it in your time!" said young 12 year old Kaj.

"It is dangerous right now Kaj. Or in any time really. This war and everything is not helping adventururs. Besides, I was younger then. Now, we need to test your archery skills!" said the old Imperial, with the simple name of James.

"Fine... But we will have to do some at some point!" Kaj said.

They were talking in a very small cave.  Light would still go in it. There was a camp fire in front of it and a horse tied up to a stick in the ground. Inside, some bedroles and a table. Still, Kaj was happy with this humble set up, and so was James.

James was also an orphant, but unlike Kaj, nobody raised him. That is why he saved the little Khajiit baby out of a burning house. Only thing he had with it was a piece of paper saying "Kaj". He tought Kaj everything he knew. Kaj was great at archery and using daggers, even pickpocketing, but James always told him "never to use it unless you need it!" Kaj was set for life in the streets. Little did he know he would live one. That faithfull day seemed like any other.

"Now, breath in... aaaand SHOOT!"

The arrow hit perfectly. He has been practising since he was very young, and now it finally payed of!

"DAD, I DID IT!" Kaj yelled out of exciment

"Great job Kaj, I knew you would do it."

Suddenly, James became silent. "Kaj, run up towards the forest!"

"Why dad?

"This could get nasty."

Two guards came with their swords up. "James, you are coming with us."

"Why?"

"You are responsible for the murder of Jarls son."

"THAT IS NOT TRUE!"

"Everyone says that."

James knew he would be executed. So he wanted to die in battle. It all happened in a split second. James with a sword in his stomach, and a guard with a dagger in his forehead. 

"You ba..." I used to be alive, but then Kaj shot me in the forehead.

"DAD!" Kaj run up to the dying Imperial.

"Kaj, take everything you can, and run! Go anywhere, just don't stay here! Guards will be all over the place. And take Lady Speed, sell her to the nearest horse merchant, and go to Riverwood! Nobody knows you there, you can sleep in their inn for a night, and later... Remember everything I tought you! Be safe, my son..." The first and only time James called Kaj his son was when he died.

Crying, Kaj ran towards Riverwood. Only the main person of The Inn knew his story, and he promised that he will let him stay in the inn for as long as nobody else paid to rent the room in there.

That night, Kaj wrote on a piece of paper:

"I swear to avenge my fathers blood by listening to no law. To make life of many guards horrible. But to be a great man, that gives to poor people." He rapped his father's dagger in that paper. And that is how Kaj, thief and assasin, was born.

by ikaram
July 20, 2014

(This is happening in the same timeline as is Adventures in Nirn, but not all at the same time, since Kaj, Norcon and Phelan aren't all the same age. First, my story.)

"When are we going to do some adventuring, dad? You said you did it in your time!" said young 12 year old Kaj.

"It is dangerous right now Kaj. Or in any time really. This war and everything is not helping adventururs. Besides, I was younger then. Now, we need to test your archery skills!" said the old Imperial, with the simple name of James.

"Fine... But we will have to do some at some point!" Kaj said.

They were talking in a very small cave.  Light would still go in it. There was a camp fire in front of it and a horse tied up to a stick in the ground. Inside, some bedroles and a table. Still, Kaj was happy with this humble set up, and so was James.

James was also an orphant, but unlike Kaj, nobody raised him. That is why he saved the little Khajiit baby out of a burning house. Only thing he had with it was a piece of paper saying "Kaj". He tought Kaj everything he knew. Kaj was great at archery and using daggers, even pickpocketing, but James always told him "never to use it unless you need it!" Kaj was set for life in the streets. Little did he know he would live one. That faithfull day seemed like any other.

"Now, breath in... aaaand SHOOT!"

The arrow hit perfectly. He has been practising since he was very young, and now it finally payed of!

"DAD, I DID IT!" Kaj yelled out of exciment

"Great job Kaj, I knew you would do it."

Suddenly, James became silent. "Kaj, run up towards the forest!"

"Why dad?

"This could get nasty."

Two guards came with their swords up. "James, you are coming with us."

"Why?"

"You are responsible for the murder of Jarls son."

"THAT IS NOT TRUE!"

"Everyone says that."

James knew he would be executed. So he wanted to die in battle. It all happened in a split second. James with a sword in his stomach, and a guard with a dagger in his forehead. 

"You ba..." I used to be alive, but then Kaj shot me in the forehead.

"DAD!" Kaj run up to the dying Imperial.

"Kaj, take everything you can, and run! Go anywhere, just don't stay here! Guards will be all over the place. And take Lady Speed, sell her to the nearest horse merchant, and go to Riverwood! Nobody knows you there, you can sleep in their inn for a night, and later... Remember everything I tought you! Be safe, my son..." The first and only time James called Kaj his son was when he died.

Crying, Kaj ran towards Riverwood. Only the main person of The Inn knew his story, and he promised that he will let him stay in the inn for as long as nobody else paid to rent the room in there.

That night, Kaj wrote on a piece of paper:

"I swear to avenge my fathers blood by listening to no law. To make life of many guards horrible. But to be a great man, that gives to poor people." He rapped his father's dagger in that paper. And that is how Kaj, thief and assasin, was born.

valromar
July 20, 2014
Norcon was in one of his classes at the college of Winterhold when his mother walked in, "hey, mom, can we talk together in private," his mother dragged him out of earshot of the rest of the class.

"what is it, son?"

"do i really need to learn magic?"

"what do you mean?"

"I've been reading about these adventurers, and it sounds like something i want to do."

"absolutely not. It is to dangerous, especially for a kid your age. Your only 8."

Norcon walked back to the class filled with hatred and sadness. Later that night, Norcon went to go see his mother.

"what is it, son?"

"WHY CAN'T YOU LET BE TRY SOMETHING I WANT TO DO?"

"i told you, you're to young. And besides, you're a Breton, Bretons aren't born to be adventurers, they were born to use magic."

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE MAGIC!!!"

"so, what do you want do?"

"i want to learn how to use a bow and arrow."

"what makes you want to do that?"

"it is something i thing i can master. Not many people can use one, i want to be one of the ones that can use one."

"only wood elves know how to use a bow and arrow. Now, head off to bead."

Now filled with hatred for his mother, as he was walking back to the dorms, he took a detour out of the college and gained passage on a carriage to Riften. While there, he learned how to be a thief, and while stealing a ring from a stall, a man walked up and startled him. Norcon tried to run away but he grabbed his arm.

"listen kid, i see you are in a bind, how about i take you to join a club I'm in?"

"what kind of club is it?"

"well, it's actually the thieves guild."
Back
"do you teach people how to use a bow and arrow?"

"of course, we help people with their pickpocketing, lock picking, and sneak skills. But archery is something we like to do."

"okay, i would love to join."

For the next three years, Norcon mastered the art of archery, been on many heists, and made many friends within the thieves guild. But one day while.walking back back towards the guild, he was ambushed by three members of the dark brotherhood. They explained who sent them and why. He just barely escaped and when he returned to the thieves guild, he confronted his mentor and told him what happened and who did it. The person who did it just so happened to be the leader of the thieves guild.

Five years after that, he worked his way up the ranks and made a promise to himself that anytime anyone backstabbed him, he would do much worse to them. Then with the money he made, he bought a house in both Solsthiem and Whiterun.

(the forsaken one is what happened after this)

Norcon planned a heist to steal the jagged crown with his best friend in the guild.

(the details are explained in the rp)

This is how Norcon became who he is.
by valromar
July 20, 2014
Norcon was in one of his classes at the college of Winterhold when his mother walked in, "hey, mom, can we talk together in private," his mother dragged him out of earshot of the rest of the class.

"what is it, son?"

"do i really need to learn magic?"

"what do you mean?"

"I've been reading about these adventurers, and it sounds like something i want to do."

"absolutely not. It is to dangerous, especially for a kid your age. Your only 8."

Norcon walked back to the class filled with hatred and sadness. Later that night, Norcon went to go see his mother.

"what is it, son?"

"WHY CAN'T YOU LET BE TRY SOMETHING I WANT TO DO?"

"i told you, you're to young. And besides, you're a Breton, Bretons aren't born to be adventurers, they were born to use magic."

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE MAGIC!!!"

"so, what do you want do?"

"i want to learn how to use a bow and arrow."

"what makes you want to do that?"

"it is something i thing i can master. Not many people can use one, i want to be one of the ones that can use one."

"only wood elves know how to use a bow and arrow. Now, head off to bead."

Now filled with hatred for his mother, as he was walking back to the dorms, he took a detour out of the college and gained passage on a carriage to Riften. While there, he learned how to be a thief, and while stealing a ring from a stall, a man walked up and startled him. Norcon tried to run away but he grabbed his arm.

"listen kid, i see you are in a bind, how about i take you to join a club I'm in?"

"what kind of club is it?"

"well, it's actually the thieves guild."

Back

"do you teach people how to use a bow and arrow?"

"of course, we help people with their pickpocketing, lock picking, and sneak skills. But archery is something we like to do."

"okay, i would love to join."

For the next three years, Norcon mastered the art of archery, been on many heists, and made many friends within the thieves guild. But one day while.walking back back towards the guild, he was ambushed by three members of the dark brotherhood. They explained who sent them and why. He just barely escaped and when he returned to the thieves guild, he confronted his mentor and told him what happened and who did it. The person who did it just so happened to be the leader of the thieves guild.

Five years after that, he worked his way up the ranks and made a promise to himself that anytime anyone backstabbed him, he would do much worse to them. Then with the money he made, he bought a house in both Solsthiem and Whiterun.

(the forsaken one is what happened after this)

Norcon planned a heist to steal the jagged crown with his best friend in the guild.

(the details are explained in the rp)

This is how Norcon became who he is.

ikaram
July 20, 2014

Nice story mate! It seems Norcon had a life in the streets too, but it was better than Kajs: Norcon was around people who liked the same things. I wonder what is Phelan's past.

by ikaram
July 20, 2014

Nice story mate! It seems Norcon had a life in the streets too, but it was better than Kajs: Norcon was around people who liked the same things. I wonder what is Phelan's past.

Yoldrog
July 20, 2014

"Ugh, why must i read when i can embrace magic's full potential?" Runos mumbled to himself as  he read a spellbook in the arcaneum of Winterhold's College. The archmage walked up to him and said, "Is your assignment finished yet?" "No i havent had the time." Runos said. As the archmage walked away Runos decided he wanted to test out one of the spells. At the top of the college, Runos combined incinerate, chain lightning and ice spear to create a spell called "chaos bolt". but as he was just about to obliterate the bolt, it went crazy and flared into the courtyard, killing 3 students. The archmage was furious. "Thats it! You are expeled for the rest of your life!" Runos replyd: "I dont even give a damn! this college can rot in Oblivion!"

Runos left the college and began exploring ruins of all kind across the land, at one point came across a tomb unexcavated on Solsteim. In the ruins main chamber, he came across his Chaos Blade on a pedesal, when he pulled out the blade,  he thought he saw the entranc eto the next room's air wobble a bit, like an unstable portal. He walked in it, and the last thing he saw of Solsteim was a strange black book...

And then it was he found himself on skyrim. This is where his greatest adventure began.

by Yoldrog
July 20, 2014

"Ugh, why must i read when i can embrace magic's full potential?" Runos mumbled to himself as  he read a spellbook in the arcaneum of Winterhold's College. The archmage walked up to him and said, "Is your assignment finished yet?" "No i havent had the time." Runos said. As the archmage walked away Runos decided he wanted to test out one of the spells. At the top of the college, Runos combined incinerate, chain lightning and ice spear to create a spell called "chaos bolt". but as he was just about to obliterate the bolt, it went crazy and flared into the courtyard, killing 3 students. The archmage was furious. "Thats it! You are expeled for the rest of your life!" Runos replyd: "I dont even give a damn! this college can rot in Oblivion!"

Runos left the college and began exploring ruins of all kind across the land, at one point came across a tomb unexcavated on Solsteim. In the ruins main chamber, he came across his Chaos Blade on a pedesal, when he pulled out the blade,  he thought he saw the entranc eto the next room's air wobble a bit, like an unstable portal. He walked in it, and the last thing he saw of Solsteim was a strange black book...

And then it was he found himself on skyrim. This is where his greatest adventure began.

Phelan1019
July 28, 2014

Phelan Storm-Shield, Brother of Frea Crag-Strider and son of Storn Crag-Strider, earned his name on an early Middas morning, in First Seed, 4E 197.

In this time, the Skaal were being attacked by a band of Conjurers, who were fond of Storm Atronachs. Many were wounded, and the last able warrior was none other than Phelan himself. His sister, Frea, had been hurt during one of the attacks. In his anger, Phelan Ran out and tracked the Conjurers to their lair.

Inside, he found a chest containing a Shield, black as night, enchanted with a resistance to Storm magic. He took up this sheild, and, with his father's sword, killed the Conjurers.

Finally, he arrived at the Ritual Chamber, where the Conjurers had constucted a summoning circle. The leader of the band of dark wizards was a High Elf named Vicarno Storm-Master. When he saw Phelan, Vicarno activated the circle, a portal opened, and out came an enormous Storm Atronach, the size of a Dwarven Centurion. Phelan quickly took cover as the colossus of arcane energy sent a bolt of lighting at him. The young Nordic warrior mustered his courage, raised his shield, and rammed Vicarno. Then, he thrust his sword through the evil mage's heart. Phelan had thought that this would dispel the Great Storm, but the monster did not vanish.

So, Phelan battled the giant daedra throughout the night, and when morning came, Phelan finally returned to his village, victorious, dragging the head of the Great Storm behind him. Skaf the Giant, the Chieftain of the Skaal at that time, honor-named Phelan Storm-Shield. 

After this adventure, Phelan, Storm Slayer of Solstheim, became restless. He left for Tamriel, to find adventure and companionship in his ancestral homeland of Skyrim.

by Phelan1019
July 28, 2014

Phelan Storm-Shield, Brother of Frea Crag-Strider and son of Storn Crag-Strider, earned his name on an early Middas morning, in First Seed, 4E 197.

In this time, the Skaal were being attacked by a band of Conjurers, who were fond of Storm Atronachs. Many were wounded, and the last able warrior was none other than Phelan himself. His sister, Frea, had been hurt during one of the attacks. In his anger, Phelan Ran out and tracked the Conjurers to their lair.

Inside, he found a chest containing a Shield, black as night, enchanted with a resistance to Storm magic. He took up this sheild, and, with his father's sword, killed the Conjurers.

Finally, he arrived at the Ritual Chamber, where the Conjurers had constucted a summoning circle. The leader of the band of dark wizards was a High Elf named Vicarno Storm-Master. When he saw Phelan, Vicarno activated the circle, a portal opened, and out came an enormous Storm Atronach, the size of a Dwarven Centurion. Phelan quickly took cover as the colossus of arcane energy sent a bolt of lighting at him. The young Nordic warrior mustered his courage, raised his shield, and rammed Vicarno. Then, he thrust his sword through the evil mage's heart. Phelan had thought that this would dispel the Great Storm, but the monster did not vanish.

So, Phelan battled the giant daedra throughout the night, and when morning came, Phelan finally returned to his village, victorious, dragging the head of the Great Storm behind him. Skaf the Giant, the Chieftain of the Skaal at that time, honor-named Phelan Storm-Shield. 

After this adventure, Phelan, Storm Slayer of Solstheim, became restless. He left for Tamriel, to find adventure and companionship in his ancestral homeland of Skyrim.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.