Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Mods

1  2 > >>  

Kodaavzii
April 19, 2013

I just recently heard of a good one for PC: If you have a good microphone and you get this mod, you can actually say the words of a shout and it'll work. No accessing a menu or anything! I'm not sure of the specifics and I haven't personally seen it, but once I have time I'm boud to get it.

How about the rest of you?

by Kodaavzii
April 19, 2013

I just recently heard of a good one for PC: If you have a good microphone and you get this mod, you can actually say the words of a shout and it'll work. No accessing a menu or anything! I'm not sure of the specifics and I haven't personally seen it, but once I have time I'm boud to get it.

How about the rest of you?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 20, 2013

That sounds really cool!  I don't use mods a lot myself other than for some light atmospheric things - denser trees, heavier rain and thunder, bird flocks, that sort of thing.  I've tried installing an ENB but can't get it to work for the life of me.

by paarthurnax
April 20, 2013

That sounds really cool!  I don't use mods a lot myself other than for some light atmospheric things - denser trees, heavier rain and thunder, bird flocks, that sort of thing.  I've tried installing an ENB but can't get it to work for the life of me.

Kodaavzii
April 20, 2013

Krosis, but what is an ENB?

by Kodaavzii
April 20, 2013

Krosis, but what is an ENB?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 20, 2013

I'm not entirely sure what it stands for, but it's a post-processing graphics mod, which means it does stuff to the frame after it renders like increase saturation, increase contrast, etc.  If you Google "Skyrim ENB" you'll get a ton of results.

by paarthurnax
April 20, 2013

I'm not entirely sure what it stands for, but it's a post-processing graphics mod, which means it does stuff to the frame after it renders like increase saturation, increase contrast, etc.  If you Google "Skyrim ENB" you'll get a ton of results.

Kenaar
July 10, 2013

I used once and use now quite many mods and also like trying and testing new. Most of my mods connected with gameplay and addition of some new stuff (armor, weapons, locations, quests). Among my favourites are these: Ultimate Followers Overhaul and Convenient Horses. The first adds new options and eases interaction with followers, the second does the same quoad horses. Also Deadly Dragons is good - it adds new dragon species and new loot from them. Another gameplay mod is The Dance of Death - it adds a menu to tune killmoves, camera position in the time of killmove, ect. If to speak about armor, I prefer Immersive Armors compilation by hothtrooper44 as maybe the most authentic and at the same time various and nice-looking. But of course there are lots of other great mods, so to find anything most appropriate for each gamer is a piece of cake

by Kenaar
July 10, 2013

I used once and use now quite many mods and also like trying and testing new. Most of my mods connected with gameplay and addition of some new stuff (armor, weapons, locations, quests). Among my favourites are these: Ultimate Followers Overhaul and Convenient Horses. The first adds new options and eases interaction with followers, the second does the same quoad horses. Also Deadly Dragons is good - it adds new dragon species and new loot from them. Another gameplay mod is The Dance of Death - it adds a menu to tune killmoves, camera position in the time of killmove, ect. If to speak about armor, I prefer Immersive Armors compilation by hothtrooper44 as maybe the most authentic and at the same time various and nice-looking. But of course there are lots of other great mods, so to find anything most appropriate for each gamer is a piece of cake

otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

How about a mod that replaces all of the English dialogue with Dovahzul and vice versa, made by the folks here at Thuum.org?

Nah, that's crazy.

by otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

How about a mod that replaces all of the English dialogue with Dovahzul and vice versa, made by the folks here at Thuum.org?

Nah, that's crazy.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2013

Dialogue, yes!  It might be cool to mod item and spell names into Dovahzul though.  I imagine you might be able to learn the names of things pretty quickly then.

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2013

Dialogue, yes!  It might be cool to mod item and spell names into Dovahzul though.  I imagine you might be able to learn the names of things pretty quickly then.

otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

Assuming that we actually do that kind of thing, we need to actually have words for everything in Skyrim first, sans some proper nouns. e.g. Hjaalmarch, Ralof, etc.

And making everything written in the Dragon alphabet could be difficult. Not to mention how weird shouts would sound in English. (Force, Balance PUSH!)

by otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

Assuming that we actually do that kind of thing, we need to actually have words for everything in Skyrim first, sans some proper nouns. e.g. Hjaalmarch, Ralof, etc.

And making everything written in the Dragon alphabet could be difficult. Not to mention how weird shouts would sound in English. (Force, Balance PUSH!)

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2013

For ease of use I would say to keep it written in the Roman alphabet.  I think we have words for almost every basic item found in the game (sword, dagger, bow, etc.).  With the Shouts you can still say "Unrelenting Force", "Fire Breath", or as close a translation as you can get.  "Sindugahvon Fus", "Yolsu'um", etc.

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2013

For ease of use I would say to keep it written in the Roman alphabet.  I think we have words for almost every basic item found in the game (sword, dagger, bow, etc.).  With the Shouts you can still say "Unrelenting Force", "Fire Breath", or as close a translation as you can get.  "Sindugahvon Fus", "Yolsu'um", etc.

otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

For ease of use I would say to keep it in the Roman alphabet.

In which case, we could add a book that acts as a guide to the alphabet, seeing as TESV already has a font for it as shown in Dragon Language: Myth No More.

I think we have words for almost every basic item found in the game (sword, dagger, bow, etc.).

In other words, we could theoretically already do this?

With the Shouts you can still say "Unrelenting Force", "Fire Breath", or as close a translation as you can get. "Sindugahvon Fus", "Yolsu'um", etc.

I think you misunderstand me on this point, friend. I was suggesting that we dub over the entirety of the dialogue from the game, including the Dragonborn's. Therefore, I was thinking we would have to dub the Shouts in English (or French or Russian or what-have-you, though I only speak English well enough to actually be of any help there) since we would be reversing all the speech elsewhere. Or Elsweyr, if you prefer.

by otakufreak40
July 31, 2013

For ease of use I would say to keep it in the Roman alphabet.

In which case, we could add a book that acts as a guide to the alphabet, seeing as TESV already has a font for it as shown in Dragon Language: Myth No More.

I think we have words for almost every basic item found in the game (sword, dagger, bow, etc.).

In other words, we could theoretically already do this?

With the Shouts you can still say "Unrelenting Force", "Fire Breath", or as close a translation as you can get. "Sindugahvon Fus", "Yolsu'um", etc.

I think you misunderstand me on this point, friend. I was suggesting that we dub over the entirety of the dialogue from the game, including the Dragonborn's. Therefore, I was thinking we would have to dub the Shouts in English (or French or Russian or what-have-you, though I only speak English well enough to actually be of any help there) since we would be reversing all the speech elsewhere. Or Elsweyr, if you prefer.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2013

A book could be handy.  It depends if you think teaching words or teaching the alphabet is more important.  Writing everything in the Dragon alphabet would teach both the words and the alphabet but might turn people away who will find that too difficult.  The best option might be to have a setting where you can switch the font, but I'm not a modder so I'm not sure if that could be done.

I think we understand each other with the dialogue part.  My reaction is to suggest a mod where only the menu items are in Dovahzul, because the task of rerecording every single piece of dialogue would be quite overwhelming!

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2013

A book could be handy.  It depends if you think teaching words or teaching the alphabet is more important.  Writing everything in the Dragon alphabet would teach both the words and the alphabet but might turn people away who will find that too difficult.  The best option might be to have a setting where you can switch the font, but I'm not a modder so I'm not sure if that could be done.

I think we understand each other with the dialogue part.  My reaction is to suggest a mod where only the menu items are in Dovahzul, because the task of rerecording every single piece of dialogue would be quite overwhelming!

yol thuum
August 5, 2013

i personaly believe that mods are for people who cant play the game for what it is and think they can make it better but usually make it worse

by yol thuum
August 5, 2013

i personaly believe that mods are for people who cant play the game for what it is and think they can make it better but usually make it worse

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 6, 2013
yol suum

I strongly dislike most mods, but there are plenty of great ones: SkyUI for one, ENB mods for another (as long as you don't turn the saturation up to 11 :P).  It seems a bit unfair to say people shouldn't use mods if you don't like them, though.

by paarthurnax
August 6, 2013
yol suum

I strongly dislike most mods, but there are plenty of great ones: SkyUI for one, ENB mods for another (as long as you don't turn the saturation up to 11 :P).  It seems a bit unfair to say people shouldn't use mods if you don't like them, though.

otakufreak40
August 6, 2013

My favorite mod changes "Gold" into "Septim". Nothing more, nothing less.

by otakufreak40
August 6, 2013

My favorite mod changes "Gold" into "Septim". Nothing more, nothing less.

Raxvulnax
December 18, 2015
Let us revive this old thread!
by Raxvulnax
December 18, 2015
Let us revive this old thread!
 1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.