Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dorechi

Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

So I have come up with the thought of a new language as a fun community project, if no one shows interest then i guess I'll have quite the passtime! Anyway, back to business, I thought that the most experienced people to get to make a conlang would be none other than the people who have developed a conlang! So, if you would to help out with Dorechi (can be changed if provided with a suitable replacement) post a comment! As i said in the description, it needs to be almost if not as amazing as Dachii Kardak and as useful and easy to learn as Esperanto. I will start out with making some verb rules here on this thread however once we have all the grammar and the base of the language then we will move to a Google Doc. Thanks!

by Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

So I have come up with the thought of a new language as a fun community project, if no one shows interest then i guess I'll have quite the passtime! Anyway, back to business, I thought that the most experienced people to get to make a conlang would be none other than the people who have developed a conlang! So, if you would to help out with Dorechi (can be changed if provided with a suitable replacement) post a comment! As i said in the description, it needs to be almost if not as amazing as Dachii Kardak and as useful and easy to learn as Esperanto. I will start out with making some verb rules here on this thread however once we have all the grammar and the base of the language then we will move to a Google Doc. Thanks!

Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

im gonna see if i can get my art up on here. 

by Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

im gonna see if i can get my art up on here. 

Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

by Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

ok well that didnt work, how about this? http://imgur.com/QtGcLMo

by Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

ok well that didnt work, how about this? http://imgur.com/QtGcLMo

Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

I have developed an alphabet. A, D, E, F, G. H, I, Ii, Is, J, Ja, Je. Ji, Jo, Ju, K, Ks. L, M, N, O, Os. P, R, S, T, Tu. U, V, Y, Z!

31 Runes!

by Ahmuldein
August 4, 2014

I have developed an alphabet. A, D, E, F, G. H, I, Ii, Is, J, Ja, Je. Ji, Jo, Ju, K, Ks. L, M, N, O, Os. P, R, S, T, Tu. U, V, Y, Z!

31 Runes!

hiith
August 5, 2014

Add ".jpg" to the end of the url in the image post. And can you post what all of the "runes" look like? I'd like to help, but I think that we should get grammar down first. I'm working on a conlang of my own, so I'd rather not think of too many complicated language aspects at the moment, and I might not be able to help often. What all have you got/envisioned for the language?

by hiith
August 5, 2014

Add ".jpg" to the end of the url in the image post. And can you post what all of the "runes" look like? I'd like to help, but I think that we should get grammar down first. I'm working on a conlang of my own, so I'd rather not think of too many complicated language aspects at the moment, and I might not be able to help often. What all have you got/envisioned for the language?

Ahmuldein
August 5, 2014

@hiith, that post showed some of the runes, ill get them all written down, but does http://imgur/QtGcLMo not work?

by Ahmuldein
August 5, 2014

@hiith, that post showed some of the runes, ill get them all written down, but does http://imgur/QtGcLMo not work?

hiith
August 5, 2014
It works (with the ".com"), but the url that you put to post an image in the forum (which is to say, as you attempted in the third post) must be to an image file, not a webpage. For the third post, you should have used "imgur.com/QtGcLMo.jpg" as opposed to just "imgur.com/QtGcLMo". But I guess you don't have to worry about it that much.
by hiith
August 5, 2014
It works (with the ".com"), but the url that you put to post an image in the forum (which is to say, as you attempted in the third post) must be to an image file, not a webpage. For the third post, you should have used "imgur.com/QtGcLMo.jpg" as opposed to just "imgur.com/QtGcLMo". But I guess you don't have to worry about it that much.

Ahmuldein
August 5, 2014

Ok, well im working on the alphabet a little bit, the runes are going to be a bit tricky but i think the language will tie together nicely

by Ahmuldein
August 5, 2014

Ok, well im working on the alphabet a little bit, the runes are going to be a bit tricky but i think the language will tie together nicely

Mul klo riik
August 6, 2014

Drem Yol Lok! (I am new to this site, so bare with me please.) I will gladly help with the task at hand. Could you post some rules/ideas you've got so far?

by Mul klo riik
August 6, 2014

Drem Yol Lok! (I am new to this site, so bare with me please.) I will gladly help with the task at hand. Could you post some rules/ideas you've got so far?

Ahmuldein
August 6, 2014

Im going to get the runes built by next week. once i do that ill make a google doc and give everyone who wants to help access

by Ahmuldein
August 6, 2014

Im going to get the runes built by next week. once i do that ill make a google doc and give everyone who wants to help access

Mul klo riik
September 7, 2014

Got anything yet?

by Mul klo riik
September 7, 2014

Got anything yet?

Ahmuldein
September 7, 2014

Im gonna put this little project off to the side until im fluent in dovahzul...krosis

by Ahmuldein
September 7, 2014

Im gonna put this little project off to the side until im fluent in dovahzul...krosis

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.