Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Worst mission ever

Mirkrilaar
August 23, 2014

I would have to say that the worst mission is Skyrim would have to be "Elder Knowledge". Finding an Elder Scroll is an absolute pain in the ass! It takes forever, and I think its one of the longest missions in the game.

My advice, carry a light load because you're going to travel such a distance with constant enemies, that you need to be light to carry all the expensive shit you're going to find in there, especially Blackreach. Don't even get me started on "Return to your Roots". That's a pain as well and it starts the moment you pick up a Crimson Nirnroot.

by Mirkrilaar
August 23, 2014

I would have to say that the worst mission is Skyrim would have to be "Elder Knowledge". Finding an Elder Scroll is an absolute pain in the ass! It takes forever, and I think its one of the longest missions in the game.

My advice, carry a light load because you're going to travel such a distance with constant enemies, that you need to be light to carry all the expensive shit you're going to find in there, especially Blackreach. Don't even get me started on "Return to your Roots". That's a pain as well and it starts the moment you pick up a Crimson Nirnroot.

Phelan1019
August 25, 2014

Any mission That involves Heimskr or Brenuin's house after the Battle of Whiterun

by Phelan1019
August 25, 2014

Any mission That involves Heimskr or Brenuin's house after the Battle of Whiterun

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Phelan1019

Why's that? Because they're destroyed?

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Phelan1019

Why's that? Because they're destroyed?

Maarstrunah
August 26, 2014

"We know about paarthurnax..." When i heard those words, i knew what she was going to say. I used to love delphine as my fave character... until she spit out those words.

by Maarstrunah
August 26, 2014

"We know about paarthurnax..." When i heard those words, i knew what she was going to say. I used to love delphine as my fave character... until she spit out those words.

Mirkrilaar
August 26, 2014
Maarstrunah

Unslaad vahzen!

by Mirkrilaar
August 26, 2014
Maarstrunah

Unslaad vahzen!

Vulvokunah
August 31, 2014
Maarstrunah

Same situation with me too, I would never kill Paarth.

by Vulvokunah
August 31, 2014
Maarstrunah

Same situation with me too, I would never kill Paarth.

Mulhahlor
September 1, 2014

The mammoth tusk quest for Ysolda. The fist time I played Skyrim, I went out and tried to kill a mammoth. As a level two. I died at least five times befote I just climed the Lunar Forge steps and shot it to death with a bow. It took forever, and traumatized me. I don't even screw with mammoths now, and my current character is a thirty-seven with dragonscale armor, dragonbone weapons, and about three hundred health. I'd still rather face a Centurion.

by Mulhahlor
September 1, 2014

The mammoth tusk quest for Ysolda. The fist time I played Skyrim, I went out and tried to kill a mammoth. As a level two. I died at least five times befote I just climed the Lunar Forge steps and shot it to death with a bow. It took forever, and traumatized me. I don't even screw with mammoths now, and my current character is a thirty-seven with dragonscale armor, dragonbone weapons, and about three hundred health. I'd still rather face a Centurion.

Mul klo riik
September 1, 2014
Maarstrunah

Mu los do gein thu'um!

by Mul klo riik
September 1, 2014
Maarstrunah

Mu los do gein thu'um!

WitherManX27
March 4, 2015

Any mission that takes me out of my current hold as I'm playing FrostFall, iNeed and no fast travel.

by WitherManX27
March 4, 2015

Any mission that takes me out of my current hold as I'm playing FrostFall, iNeed and no fast travel.

DovahKiinZaan
March 4, 2015

It was more of a tactical failure. I was doing a dungeon quest, and I had planned a sneak attack for a group of dragur. 

So, I shouted at the oil, shot two dragur in the head with bows and suddenly I fell down a trapdoor....

into to a pit of frostbite spiders. 

by DovahKiinZaan
March 4, 2015

It was more of a tactical failure. I was doing a dungeon quest, and I had planned a sneak attack for a group of dragur. 

So, I shouted at the oil, shot two dragur in the head with bows and suddenly I fell down a trapdoor....

into to a pit of frostbite spiders. 

Weaver
March 6, 2015

Any mission that involves Esbern, in my game, due to a really irritating glitch.

Basically, Esbern's AI is barely functional, and it takes ages for him to get through scripted events. If he does at all.

Other than that... any quest that sends you halfway across the damned map. Or to Markarth, due to certain... reasons...

by Weaver
March 6, 2015

Any mission that involves Esbern, in my game, due to a really irritating glitch.

Basically, Esbern's AI is barely functional, and it takes ages for him to get through scripted events. If he does at all.

Other than that... any quest that sends you halfway across the damned map. Or to Markarth, due to certain... reasons...

The worst mission for me was when I went for "A Blade in the Dark"

First time I passed a dragon lair so I died there. Then the nexty load I went around the Lair and ended on the other side of the Hold. Then I keep diying and now I cant load Skyrim...
(DAOW!

In Homer Sipson Voice})

by Faal Morokei Dovah Sonaak
March 10, 2015

The worst mission for me was when I went for "A Blade in the Dark"

First time I passed a dragon lair so I died there. Then the nexty load I went around the Lair and ended on the other side of the Hold. Then I keep diying and now I cant load Skyrim...
(DAOW!

In Homer Sipson Voice})

[deleted]
March 11, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by [deleted]
March 11, 2015

This post has been deleted.

Mirkrilaar
March 11, 2015
ShadowDovah

The worst mission for me was in "Touching the Sky" from Dawnguard. Trying to get through Darkfall Cave and then Darkfall Passage nearly scared me to death. I'm terrified of the dark and spiders in general, especially giant ones, so it scared the crap out of me being stuck in a dark spider and troll infested cave and then practically running past or away from those freaky looking Chaurus. I barely made it through that because I got so freaked out. And it was really annoying when I tried to leave because I got so scared and that Serana wouldn't just go away and leave me alone. It made me so mad and I had to load a save from a bit farther back because I didn't want to deal with that mission at the time and I wanted to go explore alone.

I have to agree that that was a very long mission. I think I died a couple times the first time trying to go through the first part of it.

by Mirkrilaar
March 11, 2015
ShadowDovah

The worst mission for me was in "Touching the Sky" from Dawnguard. Trying to get through Darkfall Cave and then Darkfall Passage nearly scared me to death. I'm terrified of the dark and spiders in general, especially giant ones, so it scared the crap out of me being stuck in a dark spider and troll infested cave and then practically running past or away from those freaky looking Chaurus. I barely made it through that because I got so freaked out. And it was really annoying when I tried to leave because I got so scared and that Serana wouldn't just go away and leave me alone. It made me so mad and I had to load a save from a bit farther back because I didn't want to deal with that mission at the time and I wanted to go explore alone.

I have to agree that that was a very long mission. I think I died a couple times the first time trying to go through the first part of it.

dovahnite
March 14, 2015
Mirkrilaar

Don't even get me started on "Return to your Roots".

I really wish you did not bring this up >_< I'm not a fan of any objective that involves "bring me ____ of crap," in any game but 30 of a Blackreach-exclusive item is a bit extreme.

Actually worse than that was the Thieves Guild errands they made you do to complete that questline. After a couple dozen trips clear across the map and even more loading screens, the jobs they give you really aren't as exciting as they used to be. Not that they were to begin with.

by dovahnite
March 14, 2015
Mirkrilaar

Don't even get me started on "Return to your Roots".

I really wish you did not bring this up >_< I'm not a fan of any objective that involves "bring me ____ of crap," in any game but 30 of a Blackreach-exclusive item is a bit extreme.

Actually worse than that was the Thieves Guild errands they made you do to complete that questline. After a couple dozen trips clear across the map and even more loading screens, the jobs they give you really aren't as exciting as they used to be. Not that they were to begin with.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.