Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

who is older?

Maarstrunah
August 26, 2014

Mirmulnir or Alduin? in a lore video someone said mirmulnir was never killed in the dragon war and since alduin was sent forward in time, time was broken. And i know for a fact that when alduin was travleing throw time he didnt age. So would that make mirmulnir the oldest? or does it not matter if  alduin was sent forward?

by Maarstrunah
August 26, 2014

Mirmulnir or Alduin? in a lore video someone said mirmulnir was never killed in the dragon war and since alduin was sent forward in time, time was broken. And i know for a fact that when alduin was travleing throw time he didnt age. So would that make mirmulnir the oldest? or does it not matter if  alduin was sent forward?

Sahkrahfaas
August 27, 2014

This confuses me as well D:

What I want to know is if Alduin actually witnessed time passing when Felldir used the Kel, or if he just disappeared from the Merethic era and POP! suddenly appeared in 4E 201. If he went straight from the Dragon War to 4E then all of the dragons would technically be older than him, but if he was stuck in time from thousands of years but not aging then he'd still be the oldest...? I seriously have no idea O_o

But it would be even more confusing to add Paarthurnax into the mix, considering he's Alduin's brother...

by Sahkrahfaas
August 27, 2014

This confuses me as well D:

What I want to know is if Alduin actually witnessed time passing when Felldir used the Kel, or if he just disappeared from the Merethic era and POP! suddenly appeared in 4E 201. If he went straight from the Dragon War to 4E then all of the dragons would technically be older than him, but if he was stuck in time from thousands of years but not aging then he'd still be the oldest...? I seriously have no idea O_o

But it would be even more confusing to add Paarthurnax into the mix, considering he's Alduin's brother...

hiith
August 27, 2014

As I understand it, the dragons view their elder as whoever was born before them, regardless of age or dragon breaks. So Alduin is still the elder.

But on the technical question of who has aged longer: Maarstrunah said "i know for a fact that when alduin was travleing throw time he didnt age." If this is true, then he did not witness time passing when he was sent through it. To do so would complicate the physics tremendously (where would he go?). Instead he just appeard later in time, as a man walking through a doorway or, more accurately, falling through a hole's entry-way.

So, in conclusion, other dov have aged longer that Alduin, but Alduin is still the elder, insomuch that you have both spoken true.

by hiith
August 27, 2014

As I understand it, the dragons view their elder as whoever was born before them, regardless of age or dragon breaks. So Alduin is still the elder.

But on the technical question of who has aged longer: Maarstrunah said "i know for a fact that when alduin was travleing throw time he didnt age." If this is true, then he did not witness time passing when he was sent through it. To do so would complicate the physics tremendously (where would he go?). Instead he just appeard later in time, as a man walking through a doorway or, more accurately, falling through a hole's entry-way.

So, in conclusion, other dov have aged longer that Alduin, but Alduin is still the elder, insomuch that you have both spoken true.

Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

Would "born" be an appropriate term? I mean, there are no female dragons, and all dragons that ever existed were made before Akatosh set the currents of time adrift. And, since dragons are older than time, they see time differently, as Paarthurnax suggests, so Alduin may not have aged when he passed through the Tiid-Ahraan, and he may have perceived time passing, but only from the place where he was cast out, the summit of the Monahven.

by Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

Would "born" be an appropriate term? I mean, there are no female dragons, and all dragons that ever existed were made before Akatosh set the currents of time adrift. And, since dragons are older than time, they see time differently, as Paarthurnax suggests, so Alduin may not have aged when he passed through the Tiid-Ahraan, and he may have perceived time passing, but only from the place where he was cast out, the summit of the Monahven.

Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

Alas, time travel is always a confusing subject of discussion. One sounds insane when seriously considering it.

by Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

Alas, time travel is always a confusing subject of discussion. One sounds insane when seriously considering it.

Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014

One thing i always wondered was why did alduin attack helgen? of all the towns and cities he attacks helgen, why?

by Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014

One thing i always wondered was why did alduin attack helgen? of all the towns and cities he attacks helgen, why?

hiith
August 28, 2014
Nivzahkun

It's not far from the monahven. I might have just been were he first went when he came back, seeking his revenge or something.

I'm not exactly versed in the lore.

by hiith
August 28, 2014
Nivzahkun

It's not far from the monahven. I might have just been were he first went when he came back, seeking his revenge or something.

Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014
hiith
Nivzahkun

well, so is ivarsted and riverwood, but he compltely ignored them.

by Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014
hiith
Nivzahkun

well, so is ivarsted and riverwood, but he compltely ignored them.

hiith
August 28, 2014

It's all about the direction he was traveling, I guess.

by hiith
August 28, 2014

Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014
hiith

yes but he also flew over riverwood, does that mean he was fleeing the impeials (unlikely) or simply not interested in the town?

by Nivzahkun
August 28, 2014
hiith

yes but he also flew over riverwood, does that mean he was fleeing the impeials (unlikely) or simply not interested in the town?

Mulhahlor
August 30, 2014

I believe that he sensed the Dovahkiin at Helgen, because he looked right at you in-game. Also, Mirmulnir called you Dovahkiin as he died, but I don't think ot was because you killed him, because the Blades killed Dovah relentlessly during the early eras.

by Mulhahlor
August 30, 2014

I believe that he sensed the Dovahkiin at Helgen, because he looked right at you in-game. Also, Mirmulnir called you Dovahkiin as he died, but I don't think ot was because you killed him, because the Blades killed Dovah relentlessly during the early eras.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.