Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Moving!

1  2 > >>  

Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014

I am very active and I will be able to take my dog on a walk AT LEAST once a day. I will have at least 30 min training sessions and I want a dog that can be easy to train. I also want a dog that would follow me everywhere and loves to play! And I also want a big or medium sized dog. Im thinking a lab, but im not sure which dog would fit me. Do any of you know?

(P.S.- sorry for this not having anything to do with this site, I just need advice.)

by Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014

I am very active and I will be able to take my dog on a walk AT LEAST once a day. I will have at least 30 min training sessions and I want a dog that can be easy to train. I also want a dog that would follow me everywhere and loves to play! And I also want a big or medium sized dog. Im thinking a lab, but im not sure which dog would fit me. Do any of you know?

(P.S.- sorry for this not having anything to do with this site, I just need advice.)

hiith
August 28, 2014
Maarstrunah

That's what the hearth is for, do not fret!

I have a peekapoo (from a Pekingese and a Poodle), and she's a very intelligent dog, and VERY energetic, always wanting to play. I am by no means an expert, but I just thought I'd say.

by hiith
August 28, 2014
Maarstrunah

I have a peekapoo (from a Pekingese and a Poodle), and she's a very intelligent dog, and VERY energetic, always wanting to play. I am by no means an expert, but I just thought I'd say.

Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014
hiith
Maarstrunah

Thanks. Ive been thinking on a lab, but ill check that dog out to, see if it fits my living style.

by Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014
hiith
Maarstrunah

Thanks. Ive been thinking on a lab, but ill check that dog out to, see if it fits my living style.

Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

My grandma has a boxer/lab mix. her name is Maggie, and she is very playful, but she calms right down when you tell her to. I don't know if she is a special case, but she learns new things very fast. you should look into getting one.

by Phelan1019
August 28, 2014

My grandma has a boxer/lab mix. her name is Maggie, and she is very playful, but she calms right down when you tell her to. I don't know if she is a special case, but she learns new things very fast. you should look into getting one.

Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014
Phelan1019

I probebly will get this dog if he is still availible in 2 months when I move XD heres the link:

http://www.capitalhumanesociety.org/pets/adopt-a-pet/dogs.html/title/hunter

by Maarstrunah
August 28, 2014
Phelan1019

I probebly will get this dog if he is still availible in 2 months when I move XD heres the link:

http://www.capitalhumanesociety.org/pets/adopt-a-pet/dogs.html/title/hunter

Sahkrahfaas
August 29, 2014

A golden retriever would be a good choice based on this (not mine):

#4: Golden Retriever
Consistently ranked as the most popular breed of dog, the Golden Retriever personifies everything we love about dogs- loyal, loving, patient, great with children and eager to please. With such great intelligence, it’s no wonder that Golden Retrievers excel in obedience competitions and at performing tricks. It should be no surprise that the Golden ranks highly on our list of top 10 most affectionate dogs.

I wouldn't get a Labrador myself, because to me they seem kind of generic since I see them pretty often. I also kind of have a thing for longhaired cats and dogs :P

Here's a link if you want to see the whole list thing:

http://www.petmedsonline.org/top-10-smartest-dogs-in-the-world.html

by Sahkrahfaas
August 29, 2014

A golden retriever would be a good choice based on this (not mine):

#4: Golden Retriever
Consistently ranked as the most popular breed of dog, the Golden Retriever personifies everything we love about dogs- loyal, loving, patient, great with children and eager to please. With such great intelligence, it’s no wonder that Golden Retrievers excel in obedience competitions and at performing tricks. It should be no surprise that the Golden ranks highly on our list of top 10 most affectionate dogs.

I wouldn't get a Labrador myself, because to me they seem kind of generic since I see them pretty often. I also kind of have a thing for longhaired cats and dogs :P

Here's a link if you want to see the whole list thing:

http://www.petmedsonline.org/top-10-smartest-dogs-in-the-world.html

Mulhahlor
August 30, 2014

If you can find one, a German Shepard or a mix with one is a good choice. My brother has two of them, and they are active and playful. Only problem, they shed like a barber shop chair.

by Mulhahlor
August 30, 2014

If you can find one, a German Shepard or a mix with one is a good choice. My brother has two of them, and they are active and playful. Only problem, they shed like a barber shop chair.

Mirkrilaar
August 31, 2014

Rottweiler! Dont get sucked in to that biased 'devil dog' stereotype. Rottweilers are beautful, loyal, friendly companions. My dad has one named Tank. He acts like a spoiled brat/poodle he behaves so well but yet, everyone is afraid of him because of the breed he is. Dont be afraid of the breed. Its how you treat and raise him. If you dont want people messing with you, I reccommend a Rottweiler. Great guard dogs, loving companions for the whole family and loyal beyond anything. Treat him/her well, he/she will do the same.

by Mirkrilaar
August 31, 2014

Rottweiler! Dont get sucked in to that biased 'devil dog' stereotype. Rottweilers are beautful, loyal, friendly companions. My dad has one named Tank. He acts like a spoiled brat/poodle he behaves so well but yet, everyone is afraid of him because of the breed he is. Dont be afraid of the breed. Its how you treat and raise him. If you dont want people messing with you, I reccommend a Rottweiler. Great guard dogs, loving companions for the whole family and loyal beyond anything. Treat him/her well, he/she will do the same.

Mulhahlor
August 31, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Yeah, any dog treated badly would lash out, not just Rottweilers. They just have a bad rep. they are a good choice, though.

by Mulhahlor
August 31, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Yeah, any dog treated badly would lash out, not just Rottweilers. They just have a bad rep. they are a good choice, though.

DovahKiinZaan
September 9, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Rottweiler is the ultimate breed, strong enough to pull carts yet gentle enough to handle babies (it has been done) smart enough to guard but lazy enough to care. They have an amazing temperament and I challenge you to find a more loyal dog, also, they're probably one of the most active dogs

by DovahKiinZaan
September 9, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Rottweiler is the ultimate breed, strong enough to pull carts yet gentle enough to handle babies (it has been done) smart enough to guard but lazy enough to care. They have an amazing temperament and I challenge you to find a more loyal dog, also, they're probably one of the most active dogs

Mirkrilaar
October 22, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Mirkrilaar

Mirkrilaar likes your comment. XD

by Mirkrilaar
October 22, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Mirkrilaar

Mirkrilaar likes your comment. XD

Volaanir
October 22, 2014

The better thing to do is adopt a dog from a NGO that works with abandoned animals, is better for you, better for the dog and better for the society.

by Volaanir
October 22, 2014

The better thing to do is adopt a dog from a NGO that works with abandoned animals, is better for you, better for the dog and better for the society.

DovahKiinZaan
October 23, 2014

I have a Rottweiler that comes off of the largest rottie in the UK

by DovahKiinZaan
October 23, 2014

I have a Rottweiler that comes off of the largest rottie in the UK

DJbrony
October 24, 2014

I have myself a chubbeh puggie, she's the best dog I love since I had two pugs when I was little and they bothed died/ put to sleep for being old.

by DJbrony
October 24, 2014

I have myself a chubbeh puggie, she's the best dog I love since I had two pugs when I was little and they bothed died/ put to sleep for being old.

Ahmuldein
October 27, 2014

I have a black lab mutt and she is such a great dog.  Please...dont buy a dog from a breeder...whatever you do. I dont care what kind of dog you get just...not a breeder...

by Ahmuldein
October 27, 2014

I have a black lab mutt and she is such a great dog.  Please...dont buy a dog from a breeder...whatever you do. I dont care what kind of dog you get just...not a breeder...

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.