Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Translated Doujinshi

dirtmonkeyal
September 25, 2014

Edit: Fixed a few errors, such as an old translation error and fixed some interjections as per some advice.

Now to settle any issues, doujinshi is fan made manga from Japan. Doujinshi is NOT always erotic in nature, and I will not be translating any erotic doujinshi into Dovahzul - there's no naughty words made yet anyway (:p). This one in particular is a soft romance, and those are mostly what I have anyway, barring the few gag doujinshi.

What I found that I had to do in this translation is ... well, I had to put the runes in as if it were Japanese. For some manga, and seemingly doujinshi in particular, speech bubbles are very thin and long. As such, translating even into just English can be a challenge to squeeze words into the bubble. It was a downright chore with Dovahzul since each rune is basically a block. At first, I was using the built in apostrophe, and treating it like dashes when I had to break words apart, but I found that it was just too difficult to read. Granted I'm new to reading runes, but I figured it wouldn't be fun for people that could read it fluently either.

As such, in order to make the runes fit into the bubbles, Dovahzul is read from up to DOWN and then towards the LEFT just like you would in Japanese. I know it might seem weird, but trust me, it's much better this way due to how long some words can get in Dovahzul.

Translation note: Back when I first translated this from Japanese to English, there was a line from the first page that would be just odd in English. Directly translated, it just meant "Terrible sky!" But it's just Nami commenting on how bad the weather is. As you might see though, in Dovahzul, it's perfect.

ZOM1R LOK!

Also, again, I am learning, so my grammar in here or even my word choice might not be the best. Please, tell me so, and that way I can fix it, and learn.

Please enjoy Amefuri Jasmine

LOKLUV M4T1S JAZMIN

by dirtmonkeyal
September 25, 2014

Edit: Fixed a few errors, such as an old translation error and fixed some interjections as per some advice.

Now to settle any issues, doujinshi is fan made manga from Japan. Doujinshi is NOT always erotic in nature, and I will not be translating any erotic doujinshi into Dovahzul - there's no naughty words made yet anyway (:p). This one in particular is a soft romance, and those are mostly what I have anyway, barring the few gag doujinshi.

What I found that I had to do in this translation is ... well, I had to put the runes in as if it were Japanese. For some manga, and seemingly doujinshi in particular, speech bubbles are very thin and long. As such, translating even into just English can be a challenge to squeeze words into the bubble. It was a downright chore with Dovahzul since each rune is basically a block. At first, I was using the built in apostrophe, and treating it like dashes when I had to break words apart, but I found that it was just too difficult to read. Granted I'm new to reading runes, but I figured it wouldn't be fun for people that could read it fluently either.

As such, in order to make the runes fit into the bubbles, Dovahzul is read from up to DOWN and then towards the LEFT just like you would in Japanese. I know it might seem weird, but trust me, it's much better this way due to how long some words can get in Dovahzul.

Translation note: Back when I first translated this from Japanese to English, there was a line from the first page that would be just odd in English. Directly translated, it just meant "Terrible sky!" But it's just Nami commenting on how bad the weather is. As you might see though, in Dovahzul, it's perfect.

ZOM1R LOK!

Also, again, I am learning, so my grammar in here or even my word choice might not be the best. Please, tell me so, and that way I can fix it, and learn.

Please enjoy Amefuri Jasmine

LOKLUV M4T1S JAZMIN

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.