Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ideas for the dragon language

Vultuzmaar
October 13, 2014

I would likely implement a mathematics and science system, in both transcription and translation.

by Vultuzmaar
October 13, 2014

I would likely implement a mathematics and science system, in both transcription and translation.

DovahKiinZaan
October 15, 2014
Maramis

I agree there

by DovahKiinZaan
October 15, 2014
Maramis

I agree there

Mulqoreyn
October 16, 2014

That would be a leap forword, However it would take a lot of time and an understanding of both the simple and advanced aspects of both.

by Mulqoreyn
October 16, 2014

That would be a leap forword, However it would take a lot of time and an understanding of both the simple and advanced aspects of both.

Vultuzmaar
October 16, 2014

it would. but a 1000 mile journey begins with a single step

by Vultuzmaar
October 16, 2014

it would. but a 1000 mile journey begins with a single step

Mul klo riik
October 18, 2014

I've been writing in dragon in some of my classes recently, English, French and art. I'd love to add biology and geometra under my belt.

Where do we start? I vote the begining of science, physics. We already have fus. All who agree say "zu'u."

by Mul klo riik
October 18, 2014

I've been writing in dragon in some of my classes recently, English, French and art. I'd love to add biology and geometra under my belt.

Where do we start? I vote the begining of science, physics. We already have fus. All who agree say "zu'u."

Vultuzmaar
October 18, 2014

Zu'u!

by Vultuzmaar
October 18, 2014

Zu'u!

Mirkrilaar
October 18, 2014

Moved this to Dragon Language Discussion!

by Mirkrilaar
October 18, 2014

Moved this to Dragon Language Discussion!

Zauniglom
October 19, 2014

So we start by transliterating equations?

Is there a Dovahzul character for

• addition(+)
  • subtraction(-)
  • equality(=)
  • negation(- or ¬)
  • multiplication(* or ×)
  • division(/ or ÷)

already?

EDIT: We don't have any of those symbols, however "oo" is already mapped to "*"(*)(

Thanks Mirkrilaar

)

by Zauniglom
October 19, 2014

So we start by transliterating equations?

Is there a Dovahzul character for

• addition(+)
  • subtraction(-)
  • equality(=)
  • negation(- or ¬)
  • multiplication(* or ×)
  • division(/ or ÷)

already?

EDIT: We don't have any of those symbols, however "oo" is already mapped to "*"(*)(

Thanks Mirkrilaar

)

Zauniglom
October 19, 2014

If we were to transliterate, we would need to know the difference between lower and upercase letters, no?

If not, it would be extrememly easy, just copy the whole of this pagesqa.org.uk/ and wrap some square brackets around it. You'd have a problem when it comes to formatting(fractions, sub/superscript characters, etc.)

by Zauniglom
October 19, 2014

If we were to transliterate, we would need to know the difference between lower and upercase letters, no?

If not, it would be extrememly easy, just copy the whole of this pagesqa.org.uk/ and wrap some square brackets around it. You'd have a problem when it comes to formatting(fractions, sub/superscript characters, etc.)

Vultuzmaar
October 19, 2014

Well, actually we don't. We give each value a specific abbreviation of letters. i.e.

C (which is the speed of light) would become SOL or

SOL

Upside down lettes would be their runes upside down

greek symbols (ex delta) would be a makeshift version of the symbol using dragon runes, as in making a triangle out of talon scratches.

Though it will become particularly tricky when it comes to sub or superscripted letters

I think the fraction symbol should be a full sized foward-diagonal scratch (since it signifies division it will apply there as well

by Vultuzmaar
October 19, 2014

Well, actually we don't. We give each value a specific abbreviation of letters. i.e.

C (which is the speed of light) would become SOL or

SOL

Upside down lettes would be their runes upside down

greek symbols (ex delta) would be a makeshift version of the symbol using dragon runes, as in making a triangle out of talon scratches.

Though it will become particularly tricky when it comes to sub or superscripted letters

I think the fraction symbol should be a full sized foward-diagonal scratch (since it signifies division it will apply there as well

Mul klo riik
October 21, 2014

Rather than writting equations the way we know how, we could say them outloud with normal words.

ex. gein lok gein los gein.

One over one equals one.

by Mul klo riik
October 21, 2014

Rather than writting equations the way we know how, we could say them outloud with normal words.

ex. gein lok gein los gein.

One over one equals one.

Vultuzmaar
October 21, 2014

Interesting concept. I think this can be used to further memorize equations, though it cannot replace handwritten altogether. If you mean translation w/o transliteration then it could be the InDev version of Dovahhasebom

by Vultuzmaar
October 21, 2014

Interesting concept. I think this can be used to further memorize equations, though it cannot replace handwritten altogether. If you mean translation w/o transliteration then it could be the InDev version of Dovahhasebom

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.