A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Forum Enhancement, naangein?

In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

I am thinking Tapatalk. Why?

Positives:

• Tapatalk helps Forum Owners by providing a simple and free plug-in for all the leading forum platforms, eliminating the need for Admins to develop a standalone app or mobile friendly website.
    • Q: What is Tapatalk?
      • A: Tapatalk is an app built for interacting with discussion forums on mobile devices. It differs from a forum’s mobile web skin in that it offers the speed of a native app and a streamlined unified interface for every forum a user subscribes to. Tapatalk also creates a unique eco-system that allows forums to be searched and discovered by millions of Tapatalk users which in turn promotes content, new memberships, and interactions.
    • Q: I have a no ad policy on my forum. Do I have to include ads on Tapatalk?
      • A: In a word, No. We fully believe that when it comes to your forum, only you should decide if you want to display ads and earn revenue from Tapatalk. If you do not want to display any ads, with one click in Tapatalk’s Forum Owner Dashboard you can choose to turn them off completely across your entire forum.
    • Q: How much does it cost?
      • A: Activating Tapatalk on your forum is completely free and there is no obligation to remain on the service or to display ads. We also offer a Branded (Build Your Own) App Program starting at just $69/month.
    • Q: Which forum system does it currently support?
      • A:We support all the most popular platforms such as:phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machine, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena , Vanilla and Drupal . In addition to these platforms we are fully integrated with free forum hosting services like ProBoards, Yuku.com, Lefora.com, Forumatic, and FreeForum.org. Tapatalk may also work on other forum systems not listed here with plugins developed by third party developers using the Tapatalk API.
    • Q: How do I activate Tapatalk on my forum?
      • A: Please start from the Activate Tapatalk page on our homepage to download and install Tapatalk Plugin for your forum. There we offer step by step guides for each major forum platform complete with screenshots of the installation process.
    • Q: I have already installed Tapatalk, what is the best way to get the word out?
      • A: Creating a sticky or announcement thread in your forum is a great way to get the word out to existing users. But for new visitors we do the heavy lifting for you, when members access your forum from a mobile browser, a Smart Banner will be shown at the top of your forum pages informing visitors that your forum is now available on Tapatalk. If a visitor already has Tapatalk installed tapping on our Smart Banner will also launch the Tapatalk and direct them to your forum within the app.
    • Q: Why does a pop-up display when visiting my forum from a mobile browser?
      • A: Once Tapatalk is installed, a one-time introduction page will be shown to mobile web visitors the first time they visit your forum to notify them of the option to use the forum in Tapatalk. If a user clears their browser cache or cookies they may see the page again. While you are free to remove it during installation, this is an important tool for us so to keep this service sustainable and free of charge for forum owners.
    • Q: Can I install Tapatalk on multiple forums that I own?
      • A: Yes, there is no limit to the number of forums you can publish onto Tapatalk. Whether you own 1 or 100 forums, you can run Tapatalk on all of them all for free.
    • Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?
      • A: While mobile web versions of the most popular forums are very functional, none offer the UI, design, and speed of a native app. Devices and skins are indeed getting faster but not all members of a forum have access to a top-of-the-line handset. Also for all your members that have multiple hobbies and interests, Tapatalk offers them a great tool that lets them access their forums in one consistent experience that also enables them to participate and produce content like sharing photos much faster than fumbling with multiple mobile web bookmarks. Tapatalk co-exists with any other solution you have in place and our goal is to grow and delight your audience by providing them the best features at no cost to you.
    • Q: How does the Tapatalk Plug-in work with my forum system security?
      • A: The Tapatalk plug-in is designed to inherit all the security policies from your existing forum system. For example, if you have a specific sub-forum that is restricts access to only certain members of your community, the Tapatalk app will respect those rules you have put in place and only grant access to members with the appropriate credentials.
    • Q: Is this service compatible with all other third party modifications that I have installed on my forum system?
      • A: Unfortunately, with the overwhelming variety of mods out there, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all of them. The Tapatalk plug-in will co-exist with all your existing modifications and not affect your website in any way when viewed in a desktop browser. We have tested many forums with varying degrees of modifications and a vast majority of them can coexist with Tapatalk, even when they are not supported by the app. Special support for highly modified forums is on case by case basis, depending on trends we observe in the forum owner community. We cannot provide refunds or extensive troubleshooting if it’s discovered that a modification causes the Tapatalk plug-in from working as designed.
    • Q: Can I build my own forum app using Tapatalk?
      • A: Yes! Please visit our Build Your Own page for more information. Our branded app program starts at just $69/month.
    • Q: My organization also developed a proprietary forum system. Can I make it compatible and viewable on Tapatalk?
      • A: You may access our Tapatalk API with full documentation on on how to bridge your forum system with Tapatalk app support.

Just saying it might be worth it

by In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

I am thinking Tapatalk. Why?

Positives:

• Tapatalk helps Forum Owners by providing a simple and free plug-in for all the leading forum platforms, eliminating the need for Admins to develop a standalone app or mobile friendly website.
    • Q: What is Tapatalk?
      • A: Tapatalk is an app built for interacting with discussion forums on mobile devices. It differs from a forum’s mobile web skin in that it offers the speed of a native app and a streamlined unified interface for every forum a user subscribes to. Tapatalk also creates a unique eco-system that allows forums to be searched and discovered by millions of Tapatalk users which in turn promotes content, new memberships, and interactions.
    • Q: I have a no ad policy on my forum. Do I have to include ads on Tapatalk?
      • A: In a word, No. We fully believe that when it comes to your forum, only you should decide if you want to display ads and earn revenue from Tapatalk. If you do not want to display any ads, with one click in Tapatalk’s Forum Owner Dashboard you can choose to turn them off completely across your entire forum.
    • Q: How much does it cost?
      • A: Activating Tapatalk on your forum is completely free and there is no obligation to remain on the service or to display ads. We also offer a Branded (Build Your Own) App Program starting at just $69/month.
    • Q: Which forum system does it currently support?
      • A:We support all the most popular platforms such as:phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machine, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena , Vanilla and Drupal . In addition to these platforms we are fully integrated with free forum hosting services like ProBoards, Yuku.com, Lefora.com, Forumatic, and FreeForum.org. Tapatalk may also work on other forum systems not listed here with plugins developed by third party developers using the Tapatalk API.
    • Q: How do I activate Tapatalk on my forum?
      • A: Please start from the Activate Tapatalk page on our homepage to download and install Tapatalk Plugin for your forum. There we offer step by step guides for each major forum platform complete with screenshots of the installation process.
    • Q: I have already installed Tapatalk, what is the best way to get the word out?
      • A: Creating a sticky or announcement thread in your forum is a great way to get the word out to existing users. But for new visitors we do the heavy lifting for you, when members access your forum from a mobile browser, a Smart Banner will be shown at the top of your forum pages informing visitors that your forum is now available on Tapatalk. If a visitor already has Tapatalk installed tapping on our Smart Banner will also launch the Tapatalk and direct them to your forum within the app.
    • Q: Why does a pop-up display when visiting my forum from a mobile browser?
      • A: Once Tapatalk is installed, a one-time introduction page will be shown to mobile web visitors the first time they visit your forum to notify them of the option to use the forum in Tapatalk. If a user clears their browser cache or cookies they may see the page again. While you are free to remove it during installation, this is an important tool for us so to keep this service sustainable and free of charge for forum owners.
    • Q: Can I install Tapatalk on multiple forums that I own?
      • A: Yes, there is no limit to the number of forums you can publish onto Tapatalk. Whether you own 1 or 100 forums, you can run Tapatalk on all of them all for free.
    • Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?
      • A: While mobile web versions of the most popular forums are very functional, none offer the UI, design, and speed of a native app. Devices and skins are indeed getting faster but not all members of a forum have access to a top-of-the-line handset. Also for all your members that have multiple hobbies and interests, Tapatalk offers them a great tool that lets them access their forums in one consistent experience that also enables them to participate and produce content like sharing photos much faster than fumbling with multiple mobile web bookmarks. Tapatalk co-exists with any other solution you have in place and our goal is to grow and delight your audience by providing them the best features at no cost to you.
    • Q: How does the Tapatalk Plug-in work with my forum system security?
      • A: The Tapatalk plug-in is designed to inherit all the security policies from your existing forum system. For example, if you have a specific sub-forum that is restricts access to only certain members of your community, the Tapatalk app will respect those rules you have put in place and only grant access to members with the appropriate credentials.
    • Q: Is this service compatible with all other third party modifications that I have installed on my forum system?
      • A: Unfortunately, with the overwhelming variety of mods out there, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all of them. The Tapatalk plug-in will co-exist with all your existing modifications and not affect your website in any way when viewed in a desktop browser. We have tested many forums with varying degrees of modifications and a vast majority of them can coexist with Tapatalk, even when they are not supported by the app. Special support for highly modified forums is on case by case basis, depending on trends we observe in the forum owner community. We cannot provide refunds or extensive troubleshooting if it’s discovered that a modification causes the Tapatalk plug-in from working as designed.
    • Q: Can I build my own forum app using Tapatalk?
      • A: Yes! Please visit our Build Your Own page for more information. Our branded app program starts at just $69/month.
    • Q: My organization also developed a proprietary forum system. Can I make it compatible and viewable on Tapatalk?
      • A: You may access our Tapatalk API with full documentation on on how to bridge your forum system with Tapatalk app support.

Just saying it might be worth it

Zauniglom
October 29, 2014

I don't think Tapatalk is nessecary, as the Forums are fine.

Nation's Business

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

by Zauniglom
October 29, 2014

I don't think Tapatalk is nessecary, as the Forums are fine.

Nation's Business

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

In Sil Ah
October 29, 2014

no fixing just enhancing

by In Sil Ah
October 29, 2014

no fixing just enhancing

Foduiiz
November 6, 2014

I'm sure Paarth would rather develop the site further himself, being a web developer and all. I agree the forums in particular could use some tweaks. Oh and the navigation bar uses Javascript for the dropdowns when it could easily be done with CSS. Little things like that. 

Which reminds me, I made a thread a while back suggesting Markdown be used for forum posts. Still no answer from the admin himself. 

Seems Paarthy's been busy with other things lately :C 

by Foduiiz
November 6, 2014

I'm sure Paarth would rather develop the site further himself, being a web developer and all. I agree the forums in particular could use some tweaks. Oh and the navigation bar uses Javascript for the dropdowns when it could easily be done with CSS. Little things like that. 

Which reminds me, I made a thread a while back suggesting Markdown be used for forum posts. Still no answer from the admin himself. 

Seems Paarthy's been busy with other things lately :C 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.