Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Another "Ask Me Anything" Thread

1  2 > >>  

TheFemaleCharlie
November 18, 2014
I'm terrible at meeting new people, so I'm hoping this thread will help me make some friends. You can ask me anything you want. Obvious restrictions apply; no social security number, no address, no bank account numbers, etc. Nothing sensitive. Anything else is fair game.

Ask my opinion at your own risk. I am brutally honest and don't care if my opinion hurts your feelings. Better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie.
by TheFemaleCharlie
November 18, 2014
I'm terrible at meeting new people, so I'm hoping this thread will help me make some friends. You can ask me anything you want. Obvious restrictions apply; no social security number, no address, no bank account numbers, etc. Nothing sensitive. Anything else is fair game.

Ask my opinion at your own risk. I am brutally honest and don't care if my opinion hurts your feelings. Better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie.

Mahlaansaviik
November 18, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie
I'm terrible at meeting new people, so I'm hoping this thread will help me make some friends. You can ask me anything you want. Obvious restrictions apply; no social security number, no address, no bank account numbers, etc. Nothing sensitive. Anything else is fair game. Ask my opinion at your own risk. I am brutally honest and don't care if my opinion hurts your feelings. Better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie.

Hey TheFemaleCharlie, nice to meet you :D. My question is: do you think it is always better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie? And does a lie include over exaggerating how much you like something, such as a loved one's looks, even if it makes the person really happy? 

by Mahlaansaviik
November 18, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie
I'm terrible at meeting new people, so I'm hoping this thread will help me make some friends. You can ask me anything you want. Obvious restrictions apply; no social security number, no address, no bank account numbers, etc. Nothing sensitive. Anything else is fair game. Ask my opinion at your own risk. I am brutally honest and don't care if my opinion hurts your feelings. Better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie.

Hey TheFemaleCharlie, nice to meet you :D. My question is: do you think it is always better to tell the painful truth than any sort of lie? And does a lie include over exaggerating how much you like something, such as a loved one's looks, even if it makes the person really happy? 

TheFemaleCharlie
November 19, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
TheFemaleCharlie

Just Charlie is fine, Mahlaansaviik.

And yes, it includes those sorts of "little white lies". If you were really my friend and I asked you how an outift made me look and you told me it looked terrible, I'd thank you for keeping me from going out and looking less than my best. I'm nothing if not a good friend, so I would return the gesture; if I think your outfit looks terrible, you might want to take my advice and put on something different...or get the opinion of someone with fashion sense.

I just don't see any reason to lie to someone. Unless of course, you're someone I dislike, in which case, "yes, that outfit is perfect! I love the way it fits you like a burlap sack!" etc. 

But, I don't have any reason to hate anyone here.

by TheFemaleCharlie
November 19, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
TheFemaleCharlie

Just Charlie is fine, Mahlaansaviik.

And yes, it includes those sorts of "little white lies". If you were really my friend and I asked you how an outift made me look and you told me it looked terrible, I'd thank you for keeping me from going out and looking less than my best. I'm nothing if not a good friend, so I would return the gesture; if I think your outfit looks terrible, you might want to take my advice and put on something different...or get the opinion of someone with fashion sense.

I just don't see any reason to lie to someone. Unless of course, you're someone I dislike, in which case, "yes, that outfit is perfect! I love the way it fits you like a burlap sack!" etc. 

But, I don't have any reason to hate anyone here.

Rahvaatzul
November 19, 2014
Tie or bowtie?
by Rahvaatzul
November 19, 2014
Tie or bowtie?

Kahdremonik
November 20, 2014

I can't decide on which whiskey to drink today, scotch or bourbon?

by Kahdremonik
November 20, 2014

TheFemaleCharlie
November 20, 2014

Definitely tie. Bowties just look silly.

As for alcohol, I can't help you there. Never had a drink in my life. Arbitrarily, I pick bourbon.

by TheFemaleCharlie
November 20, 2014

As for alcohol, I can't help you there. Never had a drink in my life. Arbitrarily, I pick bourbon.

DovahKiinZaan
November 20, 2014
Kahdremonik

Mix 'em. Maybe add ethanol :)

by DovahKiinZaan
November 20, 2014
Kahdremonik

Kahdremonik
November 20, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Kahdremonik

Read: alcoholic suicide.

by Kahdremonik
November 20, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Kahdremonik

Read: alcoholic suicide.

Rahvaatzul
November 21, 2014
Kahdremonik

Go for Whiskey. If you want some good ones, I'd recommend ,,Isle of Jura"

by Rahvaatzul
November 21, 2014
Kahdremonik

Kahdremonik
November 21, 2014
Cabotagee
Kahdremonik

Bah, I went with some Red Stag. I'm almost out of that, though.

by Kahdremonik
November 21, 2014
Cabotagee
Kahdremonik

Bah, I went with some Red Stag. I'm almost out of that, though.

TheFemaleCharlie
November 21, 2014

Went out with the boyfriend, he got me liking Blue Moon beer. So, there we go. Now I can contribute a little to the alcohol conversation...

by TheFemaleCharlie
November 21, 2014

Went out with the boyfriend, he got me liking Blue Moon beer. So, there we go. Now I can contribute a little to the alcohol conversation...

hiith
November 21, 2014

What is the primary human function?

by hiith
November 21, 2014

TheFemaleCharlie
November 21, 2014
hiith

To become ninjas. Or Keshiks. Whichever suits your fancy.

by TheFemaleCharlie
November 21, 2014
hiith

Kahdremonik
November 22, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie
hiith

What about becoming the almighty dominars of the universe? Whatever happened to that goal?

by Kahdremonik
November 22, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie
hiith

What about becoming the almighty dominars of the universe? Whatever happened to that goal?

Volaanir
November 22, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie

Bowties are cool!

by Volaanir
November 22, 2014
TheFemaleCharlie

Bowties are cool!

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.