Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thu'um.org iOS App

strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

I'm more than started with making an iOS app for Thu'um.org right now- infact, I could be more than done with the Homepage! 

Would you guys like to have a Thu'um.org app? I can upload the dictionary, lessons, community wall... you name it!

by strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

I'm more than started with making an iOS app for Thu'um.org right now- infact, I could be more than done with the Homepage! 

Would you guys like to have a Thu'um.org app? I can upload the dictionary, lessons, community wall... you name it!

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 20, 2014

It sounds like a great idea! How would this work? Specifically with the dictionary and community wall.

by paarthurnax
November 20, 2014

It sounds like a great idea! How would this work? Specifically with the dictionary and community wall.

strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

Applying the Community Wall will be a little more difficult than the dictionary, and I will possibly have to acquire the code behind it on this site. From there, it will only update with a network/internet connection. 

The dictionary is fairly simple, and I can pretty much copy all the data over in a snap. I may be able to find a way to offer the dictionary when one isn't on a connection, but since the app is going to be based around Thu'um.org as a whole site, I might not be able to leave it in offline mode. However, I could build an app for that later.

I cannot guarantee however if I will be able to transfer over things like the

DRAGON TRANSCRIPT IN TEXT
, but if that's all simply part of the site's code as well, I might be able to implement it. Otherwise, every use of the dragon script would just appear as normal english text. 

And the app will first be built in English. I'm willing to give some power to anybody who wishes to begin some translation methods when I'm done.

by strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

Applying the Community Wall will be a little more difficult than the dictionary, and I will possibly have to acquire the code behind it on this site. From there, it will only update with a network/internet connection. 

The dictionary is fairly simple, and I can pretty much copy all the data over in a snap. I may be able to find a way to offer the dictionary when one isn't on a connection, but since the app is going to be based around Thu'um.org as a whole site, I might not be able to leave it in offline mode. However, I could build an app for that later.

I cannot guarantee however if I will be able to transfer over things like the

DRAGON TRANSCRIPT IN TEXT
, but if that's all simply part of the site's code as well, I might be able to implement it. Otherwise, every use of the dragon script would just appear as normal english text. 

And the app will first be built in English. I'm willing to give some power to anybody who wishes to begin some translation methods when I'm done.

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 20, 2014

I would strongly prefer that the app does not directly connect to the site. Mostly because my hosting resources are limited (and frequently go over bandwidth!), so I wouldn't want connections coming from a source I can't control.

For the Android app, I set up a number of text files that the app downloads. This would be my preferred method of getting the dictionary data from the site to the app. It also lets the app be used offline, and be updated whenever there's an internet connection.

I would be open to letting the app connect to the translator.

by paarthurnax
November 20, 2014

I would strongly prefer that the app does not directly connect to the site. Mostly because my hosting resources are limited (and frequently go over bandwidth!), so I wouldn't want connections coming from a source I can't control.

For the Android app, I set up a number of text files that the app downloads. This would be my preferred method of getting the dictionary data from the site to the app. It also lets the app be used offline, and be updated whenever there's an internet connection.

I would be open to letting the app connect to the translator.

strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

That actually sounds like a smart plan to me, and I probably should begin making some changes before we can make it just an app for the dictionary. I can also open it up to the translator later.

I will get to work. :)

by strunkahriik
November 20, 2014

That actually sounds like a smart plan to me, and I probably should begin making some changes before we can make it just an app for the dictionary. I can also open it up to the translator later.

I will get to work. :)

Loniizrath
November 20, 2014

As for the wall, maybe have an IRC channel set up for app users called #mobilewall or something.

by Loniizrath
November 20, 2014

As for the wall, maybe have an IRC channel set up for app users called #mobilewall or something.

DovahKiinZaan
November 23, 2014
Toxikyle

That's an idea

by DovahKiinZaan
November 23, 2014
Toxikyle

That's an idea

pch
January 7, 2015

I do a some iOS programming and would be super amped to create an app for Thuum. I would like to get a discussion going on outlining the aim and core features of this app. From there we can  design and code it. 

by pch
January 7, 2015

I do a some iOS programming and would be super amped to create an app for Thuum. I would like to get a discussion going on outlining the aim and core features of this app. From there we can  design and code it. 

Krinnin
January 8, 2015

I love this Idea, would probably use it like everyday when I'm teaching myself some Dovahzul.

by Krinnin
January 8, 2015

I love this Idea, would probably use it like everyday when I'm teaching myself some Dovahzul.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.