Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Imperial or Stormcloak

DovahKiinZaan
November 29, 2014

Okay, I'm going to get so many enemies by doing this. 

Do you support the stormcloaks or pledge allegiance to the emperor?

Personally I'm a stormcloak, but what about you?

by DovahKiinZaan
November 29, 2014

Okay, I'm going to get so many enemies by doing this. 

Do you support the stormcloaks or pledge allegiance to the emperor?

Personally I'm a stormcloak, but what about you?

Kahdremonik
November 30, 2014

I'm kind of mixed. I mean, I prefer unity through independence, as in having multiple states or provinces unite through common ideals and uphold certain laws throughout them, which is what the Empire was when it first began in the First Era. However, the lines between the individualistic Empire that Talos of Atmora, or Tiber Septim, founded and the All-Conquering Empire that it is now had become blurred sometime around 4E170, when the Great War ended. I'd personally like to see the Empire as something more akin to the US, but less stupid when it comes to politics.

As for taking sides in-game, I pick the Empire, as they support equality amongst both Men and Mer, and genuinely, in some cases, care for their citizens. While I don't appreciate the way the Legion is hostile towards the people that were once brethren to them, I still like how Legate Rikke is shown to be loyal to the Empire, yet still has allegiance to Skyrim itself, for it's her homeland.

Of course, it's not exactly canon that Ulfric is racist, as he only shows hostilities to the Thalmor, not the other Mer races. Galmar Stone-Fist, though, is openly so, and would likely explain the attitude of most of Windhelm's residents. As for General Tullius, the reason why he frowns upon openly worshiping Talos is because he doesn't really understand why people would name a normal man who was once Emperor, as it is recorded in the Imperial City, a god, not to mention that he is a career soldier; he sticks close to the letter, and would rather follow the White-Gold Concordat than risk the Aldmeri Dominion assault the poorly equipped Empire.

TL;DR - The Empire, because they seek unity and equality, even if it means having to commit a little tyranny along the way.

by Kahdremonik
November 30, 2014

I'm kind of mixed. I mean, I prefer unity through independence, as in having multiple states or provinces unite through common ideals and uphold certain laws throughout them, which is what the Empire was when it first began in the First Era. However, the lines between the individualistic Empire that Talos of Atmora, or Tiber Septim, founded and the All-Conquering Empire that it is now had become blurred sometime around 4E170, when the Great War ended. I'd personally like to see the Empire as something more akin to the US, but less stupid when it comes to politics.

As for taking sides in-game, I pick the Empire, as they support equality amongst both Men and Mer, and genuinely, in some cases, care for their citizens. While I don't appreciate the way the Legion is hostile towards the people that were once brethren to them, I still like how Legate Rikke is shown to be loyal to the Empire, yet still has allegiance to Skyrim itself, for it's her homeland.

Of course, it's not exactly canon that Ulfric is racist, as he only shows hostilities to the Thalmor, not the other Mer races. Galmar Stone-Fist, though, is openly so, and would likely explain the attitude of most of Windhelm's residents. As for General Tullius, the reason why he frowns upon openly worshiping Talos is because he doesn't really understand why people would name a normal man who was once Emperor, as it is recorded in the Imperial City, a god, not to mention that he is a career soldier; he sticks close to the letter, and would rather follow the White-Gold Concordat than risk the Aldmeri Dominion assault the poorly equipped Empire.

TL;DR - The Empire, because they seek unity and equality, even if it means having to commit a little tyranny along the way.

DovahKiinZaan
December 1, 2014

Yeah yeah 

by DovahKiinZaan
December 1, 2014

Yeah yeah 

Jeronimo1303
October 20, 2015

for the stormcloaks!!

by Jeronimo1303
October 20, 2015

for the stormcloaks!!

rdaj
November 3, 2015

hail the empire!

death to the stormcloaks!

by rdaj
November 3, 2015

hail the empire!

death to the stormcloaks!

Necromas
November 15, 2015

The stormcloaks becasue of multiple reasons. The lie about Ulfric killing the High king unfairly first. He challanged the high king to a duel the old nordic way, which meant both duelists could use shouts. Also, I belive that sepretists that have decent and morally correct reasons to leave are almost always right. Talos worship is the nordic way of life. The nords should have freedom of religion. I don't have a probablem with the empire, it's the Thalmor who are the problem. The empire is practicly a puppet, and the Thalmor control it.  

by Necromas
November 15, 2015

The stormcloaks becasue of multiple reasons. The lie about Ulfric killing the High king unfairly first. He challanged the high king to a duel the old nordic way, which meant both duelists could use shouts. Also, I belive that sepretists that have decent and morally correct reasons to leave are almost always right. Talos worship is the nordic way of life. The nords should have freedom of religion. I don't have a probablem with the empire, it's the Thalmor who are the problem. The empire is practicly a puppet, and the Thalmor control it.  

Tiny
November 16, 2015
Necromas

Sir I am just in both /neutral It's much easyer they both have something that you want out of them.

by Tiny
November 16, 2015
Necromas

Sir I am just in both /neutral It's much easyer they both have something that you want out of them.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015

The Empire: 

The Imperials and the Stormcloaks are united in their desire to make Talos worship a right of every Nord, but the Stormcloaks refuse to admit it. The Imperials only agreed to the ban (that they only rarely or never enforce — only the Thalmor enforce it) as a bargaining chip to end the war with the Elves.

The Stormcloaks are a cluster of poorly organized lay-abouts, who just sit about and moan about how they can’t worship Talos out in the open like they used to, with the Thalmor roaming the neighborhood. However, instead of attacking the Thalmor directly — which are far fewer in number and are essentially there only because the Imperials have a treaty to let them in.. the Stormcloaks decide to attack the Imperials of their own blood. WHY?

Can’t you see that the Imperials are surely using this treaty as a strategy against the Thalmor, to let them in, and then suddenly make the strike? They can’t contact their Elven brethren when they’re way out in Riften or someplace, so that would be a prime opportunity to commit a fatal blow, an “Order 66” as it were, against the Elves while their backs are turned believing themselves to be in security from attack, when instead the Imperials are simply sharpening their swords and lacing them with Drain Magicka poisons. The Stormcloaks are totally messing up the plan.

The best plan, if the Stormcloaks could actually think for a second, unlike the meat-head Ah-nold stereotypes they appear to be, is to become an Imperial, rise up through the ranks, and then sucker-punch the Thalmor with a surprise attack that will shatter their foothold and turn the tide widely into Nord favor. The Stormcloaks should be in support of Imperial efforts, not hampering it with their incessant whining and poorly-organized attacks that only strengthen the Thalmor advantage!

The Imperials, to use a metaphor, are becoming employees of the Thalmor, but using the money earned from it to buy a poison dagger to stab the Thalmor as they drift off to sleep in the big cushy office chair, believing they’re in safety and power..

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 16, 2015

The Empire: 

The Imperials and the Stormcloaks are united in their desire to make Talos worship a right of every Nord, but the Stormcloaks refuse to admit it. The Imperials only agreed to the ban (that they only rarely or never enforce — only the Thalmor enforce it) as a bargaining chip to end the war with the Elves.

The Stormcloaks are a cluster of poorly organized lay-abouts, who just sit about and moan about how they can’t worship Talos out in the open like they used to, with the Thalmor roaming the neighborhood. However, instead of attacking the Thalmor directly — which are far fewer in number and are essentially there only because the Imperials have a treaty to let them in.. the Stormcloaks decide to attack the Imperials of their own blood. WHY?

Can’t you see that the Imperials are surely using this treaty as a strategy against the Thalmor, to let them in, and then suddenly make the strike? They can’t contact their Elven brethren when they’re way out in Riften or someplace, so that would be a prime opportunity to commit a fatal blow, an “Order 66” as it were, against the Elves while their backs are turned believing themselves to be in security from attack, when instead the Imperials are simply sharpening their swords and lacing them with Drain Magicka poisons. The Stormcloaks are totally messing up the plan.

The best plan, if the Stormcloaks could actually think for a second, unlike the meat-head Ah-nold stereotypes they appear to be, is to become an Imperial, rise up through the ranks, and then sucker-punch the Thalmor with a surprise attack that will shatter their foothold and turn the tide widely into Nord favor. The Stormcloaks should be in support of Imperial efforts, not hampering it with their incessant whining and poorly-organized attacks that only strengthen the Thalmor advantage!

The Imperials, to use a metaphor, are becoming employees of the Thalmor, but using the money earned from it to buy a poison dagger to stab the Thalmor as they drift off to sleep in the big cushy office chair, believing they’re in safety and power..

YolGoraagKaazah
November 18, 2015

(Sorry for the long post :P)

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 18, 2015

(Sorry for the long post :P)

N3XITH
November 19, 2015
okay so I'm an imperial, but somehow kill the one and only emperor during the dark brotherhood quest line. Logic
by N3XITH
November 19, 2015
okay so I'm an imperial, but somehow kill the one and only emperor during the dark brotherhood quest line. Logic

YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

@What Are Those

So releavant . . .

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 19, 2015

@What Are Those

So releavant . . .

N3XITH
November 20, 2015
so who is the new emperor?!
by N3XITH
November 20, 2015
so who is the new emperor?!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.