Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon New Year

1  2 > >>  

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

As what Paarthurnax said that they're accustomed to the flows of time , and what we all know about dragons having Akatosh created every one, how do you think a dovah would celebrate a new mortal year? If they did, anyways.

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

As what Paarthurnax said that they're accustomed to the flows of time , and what we all know about dragons having Akatosh created every one, how do you think a dovah would celebrate a new mortal year? If they did, anyways.

Kosenu
December 31, 2014

Not at all, to be honest. Why would they? They're the almighty destroyers of the whole flippin' world, why would they care?

by Kosenu
December 31, 2014

Not at all, to be honest. Why would they? They're the almighty destroyers of the whole flippin' world, why would they care?

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Kosenu

Because Akatosh is their father and controls time. I think they should celebrate the new year that Akatosh has rewarded them with.

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Kosenu

Because Akatosh is their father and controls time. I think they should celebrate the new year that Akatosh has rewarded them with.

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

But do the mortals of Nirn even celebrate the New Year? And remember, time is a different concept to mortals that it is to the dov. Where they set the beginning of the year in their calenders may be completely different from what Akatosh intended. Also, the dragons view time as a neverending flow, with no beginning or end. Why would they celebrate the end of a year, especially with some foolish mortal perception of time?

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

But do the mortals of Nirn even celebrate the New Year? And remember, time is a different concept to mortals that it is to the dov. Where they set the beginning of the year in their calenders may be completely different from what Akatosh intended. Also, the dragons view time as a neverending flow, with no beginning or end. Why would they celebrate the end of a year, especially with some foolish mortal perception of time?

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I would assume not, and yes, time never ends, but hypethetically speaking. What if they did. 

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I would assume not, and yes, time never ends, but hypethetically speaking. What if they did. 

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014
Mirkrilaar
Loniizrath

Then they would launch balls of fire into the sky, and use Unrelenting Force to blow them up. Like fireworks, but more draconic.

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014
Mirkrilaar
Loniizrath

Then they would launch balls of fire into the sky, and use Unrelenting Force to blow them up. Like fireworks, but more draconic.

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

I love that idea! Some would use fire balls, others would use clouds of ice. Then, they explode in mid air.

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

I love that idea! Some would use fire balls, others would use clouds of ice. Then, they explode in mid air.

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

Then they would pick up a really big rock, count down from 10, and drop it on Dragonsreach.

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

Then they would pick up a really big rock, count down from 10, and drop it on Dragonsreach.

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

Haha. I was thinking something about the Eye of Magnus. It looks more...new years like!

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

Haha. I was thinking something about the Eye of Magnus. It looks more...new years like!

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

I was thinking the golden ball used to summon Vulthuryol in Blackreach, but the same question arises for both: How would a dragon obtain it?

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

I was thinking the golden ball used to summon Vulthuryol in Blackreach, but the same question arises for both: How would a dragon obtain it?

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I don't really know. The Psyjic Order took the Eye away, and the orb is deep in Blackreach, unobtainable by any dragon.

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I don't really know. The Psyjic Order took the Eye away, and the orb is deep in Blackreach, unobtainable by any dragon.

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

Exactly. So, big rock, crush castle.

They would also find some Nords who were passed out from too much mead, slice them open, and get drunk on their blood.

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

They would also find some Nords who were passed out from too much mead, slice them open, and get drunk on their blood.

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I still don't think a big rock would work! Its not flashy. Or maybe they force some people to take as much mead as they can carry, pour it all into a giant vat, and they all drink!

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014
Loniizrath

I still don't think a big rock would work! Its not flashy. Or maybe they force some people to take as much mead as they can carry, pour it all into a giant vat, and they all drink!

Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

That method doesn't invole enough joorre dying. And no self-respecting Nord would ever cooperate. Anyway...

After all the dovahhe are too drunk to fly, they gather round and sing a new years song, but since they're all wasted, none of the words are coherant. This garbled, vaguely Dovahzul-sounding mess came to be known as "Watch the Skies."

by Loniizrath
December 31, 2014

That method doesn't invole enough joorre dying. And no self-respecting Nord would ever cooperate. Anyway...

After all the dovahhe are too drunk to fly, they gather round and sing a new years song, but since they're all wasted, none of the words are coherant. This garbled, vaguely Dovahzul-sounding mess came to be known as "Watch the Skies."

Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

Seems true! Then they vowed never to do that again after they realized that they were being recorded.

by Mirkrilaar
December 31, 2014

Seems true! Then they vowed never to do that again after they realized that they were being recorded.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.