Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A forum about how simple Dovahzul is

BoDuSil
January 15, 2015

I have been learning Dovahzul for the past 4 weeks or so, and i'm still learning, but i have noticed something. The main thing i was thinking before i started learning dovahzul is that it would be unimaginably hard. Its actually quite easy. Its just as easy as learning spanish or english, if not easier. It sounds crazy, but its true!

by BoDuSil
January 15, 2015

I have been learning Dovahzul for the past 4 weeks or so, and i'm still learning, but i have noticed something. The main thing i was thinking before i started learning dovahzul is that it would be unimaginably hard. Its actually quite easy. Its just as easy as learning spanish or english, if not easier. It sounds crazy, but its true!

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 15, 2015

Glad to hear you're having a good time with it! Dovahzul has simple grammar, which probably helps make it easy. You can get a lot out of knowing just a few words. The alphabet usually seems to be the most challenging thing for people to learn.

by paarthurnax
January 15, 2015

Glad to hear you're having a good time with it! Dovahzul has simple grammar, which probably helps make it easy. You can get a lot out of knowing just a few words. The alphabet usually seems to be the most challenging thing for people to learn.

BoDuSil
January 16, 2015

The alphabet is probably the hardest part, along with memorizing the words, otherwise its amazingly easy. The only the struggle I have is every once in a while, for example in a word like "Paal" I would forget tto use the AA symbol for dovahzul alphabet, and write it as p a a l instead of p aa l. Otherwise i'm good at learning it!

by BoDuSil
January 16, 2015

The alphabet is probably the hardest part, along with memorizing the words, otherwise its amazingly easy. The only the struggle I have is every once in a while, for example in a word like "Paal" I would forget tto use the AA symbol for dovahzul alphabet, and write it as p a a l instead of p aa l. Otherwise i'm good at learning it!

hiith
January 16, 2015

I'd say that this language is amazingly simple. It's as if Bethesda took a language and hacked away at it until it was just all it needed to be (which is almost certainly true).

I, for one, didn't have that much trouble learning the alphabet. Once I found the alphabet course on Memrise, I was good to go.

by hiith
January 16, 2015

I'd say that this language is amazingly simple. It's as if Bethesda took a language and hacked away at it until it was just all it needed to be (which is almost certainly true).

I, for one, didn't have that much trouble learning the alphabet. Once I found the alphabet course on Memrise, I was good to go.

BoDuSil
January 16, 2015

The alphabet is definitely the hardest part though.

by BoDuSil
January 16, 2015

The alphabet is definitely the hardest part though.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.