Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

We have reached our goal

BoDuSil
January 21, 2015

If you ever have the time, count how many people who have signed up on this site, then add about a hundred. That's why I think we have reached our goal. Just thibk about that, hundreds of people who could just be playing Skyrim, are studying dovahzul on this site!

by BoDuSil
January 21, 2015

If you ever have the time, count how many people who have signed up on this site, then add about a hundred. That's why I think we have reached our goal. Just thibk about that, hundreds of people who could just be playing Skyrim, are studying dovahzul on this site!

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 21, 2015

Member count isn't a good measure. Over half of the accounts are inactive. The site gets a fair amount of traffic and most of it is from non-registered users. It's fun to talk about the numbers, but I don't think it's useful to try and compare to Klingon or Sindarin/Quenya. The number of people who are familiar with Star Trek or Lord of the Rings far surpasses the number of people familiar with Skyrim. It's not our real goal, anyhow - that should be studying, expanding, and writing works in the language!

by paarthurnax
January 21, 2015

Member count isn't a good measure. Over half of the accounts are inactive. The site gets a fair amount of traffic and most of it is from non-registered users. It's fun to talk about the numbers, but I don't think it's useful to try and compare to Klingon or Sindarin/Quenya. The number of people who are familiar with Star Trek or Lord of the Rings far surpasses the number of people familiar with Skyrim. It's not our real goal, anyhow - that should be studying, expanding, and writing works in the language!

BoDuSil
January 21, 2015

Good point Paarthurnax

by BoDuSil
January 21, 2015

Good point Paarthurnax

DovahKiinZaan
January 22, 2015

I'm fairly sure we're beating quenya!

by DovahKiinZaan
January 22, 2015

I'm fairly sure we're beating quenya!

Loniizrath
January 23, 2015
What's Quenya?
by Loniizrath
January 23, 2015
What's Quenya?

Kosenu
January 31, 2015
One of Tolkien's Elven languages.
by Kosenu
January 31, 2015
One of Tolkien's Elven languages.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.