Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Telling Time with Dovahzul?

3EyeStudios
June 23, 2013

I've been wondering how one would tell time in Dovahzul. Would it be like counting normally like "It is sed nenahrkmen"? With the o'clock it might be kind of tricky. I don't know, thoughts?

by 3EyeStudios
June 23, 2013

I've been wondering how one would tell time in Dovahzul. Would it be like counting normally like "It is sed nenahrkmen"? With the o'clock it might be kind of tricky. I don't know, thoughts?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 23, 2013

This is a good question.  One possible way might be "thirty-eight past five", or "seven past midday".  Translated, "eln ahrk men sed on hen", and "zos on hefsul".

by paarthurnax
June 23, 2013

This is a good question.  One possible way might be "thirty-eight past five", or "seven past midday".  Translated, "eln ahrk men sed on hen", and "zos on hefsul".

scrptrx
June 27, 2013

In French it is something like "it is 9 hour". 

So, "Los nen omaar"

Half past nine hour, "Los hef on nen omaar".

Half of nine hour (aka 8:30), "Los hef nen omaar".

Or just leave off the "hour" at the end, being implied.

by scrptrx
June 27, 2013

In French it is something like "it is 9 hour". 

So, "Los nen omaar"

Half past nine hour, "Los hef on nen omaar".

Half of nine hour (aka 8:30), "Los hef nen omaar".

Or just leave off the "hour" at the end, being implied.

Loniizrath
April 8, 2014

I think the 24 hour clock would work better IMO.

by Loniizrath
April 8, 2014

I think the 24 hour clock would work better IMO.

hiith
April 9, 2014

What about measuring it in hours, saying "first hour", meaning 1:00 AM to 1:59 Am, to the "twenty-fourth hour", meaning "11:00 PM to midnight"? Or in half-hours?

by hiith
April 9, 2014

What about measuring it in hours, saying "first hour", meaning 1:00 AM to 1:59 Am, to the "twenty-fourth hour", meaning "11:00 PM to midnight"? Or in half-hours?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.