Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Inferno in Skyrim

Arylos
February 6, 2015

I had a sudden idea. I've been wanting to make a mod for Skyrim for a while now, but had no idea what to mod. By now, almost every single mod idea has been used. I thought about making a giant labyrinth (I might still do that), but while doing it and looking for maps for a possible layout, I saw the map of Inferno from Dante's Divine Comedy. I instantly had the idea to lay out all of the worlds from Divine Comedy in Skyrim; Inferno, Purgatario, and Paradisio. I'm starting with Inferno probably since it is the most easily recognizable. (and Dante visits Inferno first before the rest.)

How does this sound? Would the ability to walk through Hell be cool for you guys? I'm already thinking about making a few surprises and I will use actual quotes from the poem in the mod, even VO them myself. If I do this, I will put a lot of work into this and make it worth your while. I think Inferno will take me the longest because it's so huge and detailed, while Purgatario is pretty much bare and Paradisio could be pretty much anything. (Dante didn't detail Paradisio as much as I would like so I don't have much to work on.)

Who's in? I will put in some Elder Scrolls surprises, and maybe a few Dwemer (debateable)

by Arylos
February 6, 2015

I had a sudden idea. I've been wanting to make a mod for Skyrim for a while now, but had no idea what to mod. By now, almost every single mod idea has been used. I thought about making a giant labyrinth (I might still do that), but while doing it and looking for maps for a possible layout, I saw the map of Inferno from Dante's Divine Comedy. I instantly had the idea to lay out all of the worlds from Divine Comedy in Skyrim; Inferno, Purgatario, and Paradisio. I'm starting with Inferno probably since it is the most easily recognizable. (and Dante visits Inferno first before the rest.)

How does this sound? Would the ability to walk through Hell be cool for you guys? I'm already thinking about making a few surprises and I will use actual quotes from the poem in the mod, even VO them myself. If I do this, I will put a lot of work into this and make it worth your while. I think Inferno will take me the longest because it's so huge and detailed, while Purgatario is pretty much bare and Paradisio could be pretty much anything. (Dante didn't detail Paradisio as much as I would like so I don't have much to work on.)

Who's in? I will put in some Elder Scrolls surprises, and maybe a few Dwemer (debateable)

dovahnite
February 7, 2015

I don't know a whole lot about the source material, but a walk-through-hell game on the Skyrim engine? I'd play that!

by dovahnite
February 7, 2015

I don't know a whole lot about the source material, but a walk-through-hell game on the Skyrim engine? I'd play that!

Arylos
February 8, 2015

Here are the current screenshots for the Selva Oscura. (The Dark Wood)

I know the trees are not aligned with the ground properly. I'm going to work on that soon. The entire wood doesn't have trees yet so I'm waiting until then.

The Island of the Dark Wood is surrounded by mountains too steep to climb so the player is left with no escape. The above picture shows what you see if you do happen to climb over; nothing but an endless sea.

Tell me what you guys think so far. I do know that when you enter the Pit, the sky will be different. I want to use the sky as it appears when the sun is blotted out by Ariel's bow. I just have no clue how to do that right now. Worse comes to worse, I'll use the sky from the Soul Cairn. The Wood and Purgatorio are the only places in the mod that will use the Sovngarde sky. (I am debating on using it for Paradisio, but I'd rather not because by then it will be repetitious. Plus, Sovngarde's sky is supposed to look like the light of Aetherius is shining down into Sovngarde. If I use that for Paradisio, then it doesn't make sense because the light of Paradisio should look like the Sovngarde sky; a bright light shining down from the heavens. It makes no sense that if Paradisio is the source of the light, for there to be a light shining down on it. Help me with this part.)

by Arylos
February 8, 2015

Here are the current screenshots for the Selva Oscura. (The Dark Wood)

I know the trees are not aligned with the ground properly. I'm going to work on that soon. The entire wood doesn't have trees yet so I'm waiting until then.

The Island of the Dark Wood is surrounded by mountains too steep to climb so the player is left with no escape. The above picture shows what you see if you do happen to climb over; nothing but an endless sea.

Tell me what you guys think so far. I do know that when you enter the Pit, the sky will be different. I want to use the sky as it appears when the sun is blotted out by Ariel's bow. I just have no clue how to do that right now. Worse comes to worse, I'll use the sky from the Soul Cairn. The Wood and Purgatorio are the only places in the mod that will use the Sovngarde sky. (I am debating on using it for Paradisio, but I'd rather not because by then it will be repetitious. Plus, Sovngarde's sky is supposed to look like the light of Aetherius is shining down into Sovngarde. If I use that for Paradisio, then it doesn't make sense because the light of Paradisio should look like the Sovngarde sky; a bright light shining down from the heavens. It makes no sense that if Paradisio is the source of the light, for there to be a light shining down on it. Help me with this part.)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.