Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ehlnofey

Angeluscaligo
February 11, 2015

Earlier today, I had suggested a dovah-title for the Ehlnofey, the very first sentient race on Nirn outside of the Hist. I had used a very literal transcription, namely Golqeth (lit. Earth-Bones). Paarthurnax suggested that a thread for this discussion is nominal for deducing/creating a possible title for the Ehlnofey that the ancient Dovah used. Anyone got suggestions?

by Angeluscaligo
February 11, 2015

Earlier today, I had suggested a dovah-title for the Ehlnofey, the very first sentient race on Nirn outside of the Hist. I had used a very literal transcription, namely Golqeth (lit. Earth-Bones). Paarthurnax suggested that a thread for this discussion is nominal for deducing/creating a possible title for the Ehlnofey that the ancient Dovah used. Anyone got suggestions?

hiith
February 13, 2015

Golqeth wouldn't do, because of its similarity with qethsegol. I'd suggest eyrakul or kulseeyra, "sons of aedra", since they are their descendants.

by hiith
February 13, 2015

Golqeth wouldn't do, because of its similarity with qethsegol. I'd suggest eyrakul or kulseeyra, "sons of aedra", since they are their descendants.

Angeluscaligo
February 14, 2015

Mahleyra could also work, "fallen Aedra".

by Angeluscaligo
February 14, 2015

Mahleyra could also work, "fallen Aedra".

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 14, 2015

I like Eyrakul best.

by paarthurnax
February 14, 2015

I like Eyrakul best.

Angeluscaligo
February 15, 2015

Eyrakulle would be more correct, no? After all, they were divided into two groups, so we could metaphorically speak of two "sons"; The Old Ehlnofey & the New Ehlnofey, Wut-Eyrakul & Yun-Eyrakul. We would have three titles, then again, the lore of TES does make a /very/ distinct division between the two. After all, they made Nirn into what it is today.

by Angeluscaligo
February 15, 2015

Eyrakulle would be more correct, no? After all, they were divided into two groups, so we could metaphorically speak of two "sons"; The Old Ehlnofey & the New Ehlnofey, Wut-Eyrakul & Yun-Eyrakul. We would have three titles, then again, the lore of TES does make a /very/ distinct division between the two. After all, they made Nirn into what it is today.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 15, 2015

Dovahzul nouns don't need to make a distinction between singular and plural, so eyrakul will fit just fine.

by paarthurnax
February 15, 2015

Dovahzul nouns don't need to make a distinction between singular and plural, so eyrakul will fit just fine.

Liis
Administrator
February 18, 2015

I approve of Eyrakul.

by Liis
February 18, 2015

I approve of Eyrakul.

Felniir Ahvus
March 7, 2015

What about Eyrakiin as an alternative?  Kul doesn't represent the mon very well...

by Felniir Ahvus
March 7, 2015

What about Eyrakiin as an alternative?  Kul doesn't represent the mon very well...

Liis
Administrator
March 10, 2015

That could work too. Eyrakul feels better in my opinion.

by Liis
March 10, 2015

That could work too. Eyrakul feels better in my opinion.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.