Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Civil War

1  2  3 > >>  

ikaram
February 21, 2015

So, this is going to be about the Civil War. Hopefully it will work, fingers crossed! XD There are a few things you should not about who you can be:

1. No Dragonborns. In this case, The Dragonborn hasn't joined any side... No Stormcloaks, we know you want him, but Imperials do too. But we are making this fair.

2. No generals. You can be an officer or a normal soldier, but not a general.

3. You don't have to be a soldier. You can be a merchant, a thief, a townsman, whatever you want, but...

4. No Jarls and important figures. You can be a companion, but not a harbinger.

Another important thing is that you can be wounded. I will calculate this fairly based on a few factors. You can dodge an arrow or it can simply miss you, you can block an attack with your shield and such. I promise I will be fair and play no favourites.

Also, don't be heavy on multi-characters. I think it woukd be awesome if we can make this look like a book, which requires multi-charactering, but I don't like the aspect of it not being fair. So, don't be too heavy on it.

We are starting soon before The Battle of Whiterun. Stormcloak armies are already marching towards it.

Have fun!

by ikaram
February 21, 2015

So, this is going to be about the Civil War. Hopefully it will work, fingers crossed! XD There are a few things you should not about who you can be:

1. No Dragonborns. In this case, The Dragonborn hasn't joined any side... No Stormcloaks, we know you want him, but Imperials do too. But we are making this fair.

2. No generals. You can be an officer or a normal soldier, but not a general.

3. You don't have to be a soldier. You can be a merchant, a thief, a townsman, whatever you want, but...

4. No Jarls and important figures. You can be a companion, but not a harbinger.

Another important thing is that you can be wounded. I will calculate this fairly based on a few factors. You can dodge an arrow or it can simply miss you, you can block an attack with your shield and such. I promise I will be fair and play no favourites.

Also, don't be heavy on multi-characters. I think it woukd be awesome if we can make this look like a book, which requires multi-charactering, but I don't like the aspect of it not being fair. So, don't be too heavy on it.

We are starting soon before The Battle of Whiterun. Stormcloak armies are already marching towards it.

Have fun!

ikaram
February 21, 2015

Night has just fallen on Whiterun. The guards don't seem as fearsome as usual. They look almost scared. Together with them, there are imperial soldiers on the walls. Some of them seem almost happy, some of them are clearly terrefied. One of them, an archer by the name of Martin, is rubbing his hands, and breathing into them, his breath looking like a small cloud. He is looking towards the roads, checking his bow and arrows, and patrolling.

"You look worried mate. What is it?"

"Oh, hey James. I didn't see you there."

"You didn't answer."

"Why do you thing we are here, huh? They wouldn't send us to Whiterun to help the guards catch thieves, you know. Something big is going to happen."

"You as well? You really think The Stormcloaks are going to attempt to take Whiterun?"

"I don't think anything, James. I just want to get out of this bloody war with my head on my shoulders. And my gut is telling me I will have one of those close scrapes soon."

"That is none-sense Martin."

"Maybe. But mabe it is not. All was fine untill this bloody war. Sure, The Great War may have been bad, but I was just a baby then. This isn't like being garrison in The Imperial City. This is real."

"You are being paranoid. Well, I'll get back to my post. So far, no Stormcloaks have been spotted. And it will stay like that. Those barbarians can't handle our might."

"My father said the same about the elves."

"Shut up."

by ikaram
February 21, 2015

Night has just fallen on Whiterun. The guards don't seem as fearsome as usual. They look almost scared. Together with them, there are imperial soldiers on the walls. Some of them seem almost happy, some of them are clearly terrefied. One of them, an archer by the name of Martin, is rubbing his hands, and breathing into them, his breath looking like a small cloud. He is looking towards the roads, checking his bow and arrows, and patrolling.

"You look worried mate. What is it?"

"Oh, hey James. I didn't see you there."

"You didn't answer."

"Why do you thing we are here, huh? They wouldn't send us to Whiterun to help the guards catch thieves, you know. Something big is going to happen."

"You as well? You really think The Stormcloaks are going to attempt to take Whiterun?"

"I don't think anything, James. I just want to get out of this bloody war with my head on my shoulders. And my gut is telling me I will have one of those close scrapes soon."

"That is none-sense Martin."

"Maybe. But mabe it is not. All was fine untill this bloody war. Sure, The Great War may have been bad, but I was just a baby then. This isn't like being garrison in The Imperial City. This is real."

"You are being paranoid. Well, I'll get back to my post. So far, no Stormcloaks have been spotted. And it will stay like that. Those barbarians can't handle our might."

"My father said the same about the elves."

"Shut up."

Dezmi Sos Vu
March 3, 2015

A short ways away, a young Redguard female is huddled against the shadows of the wall, clutching a standard-issue Imperial bow between her legs and hurridly scarfing down a slightly bruised apple. She shivers violently in the cool night air, still not used to Skyrim's colder climate.

There is a slight wild look in her eye, as though she can't believe she is here right now. Her grip on the apple tightens slightly, noticable by the pull of the skin on her dark hands.

Sensing James' and Martin's eyes on her, she hurridly attempts to hide the remains of the apple, knowing the rules about half-rations being strictly enforced at the moment.

"H-hi guys. Chilly night-t, huh?"

by Dezmi Sos Vu
March 3, 2015

A short ways away, a young Redguard female is huddled against the shadows of the wall, clutching a standard-issue Imperial bow between her legs and hurridly scarfing down a slightly bruised apple. She shivers violently in the cool night air, still not used to Skyrim's colder climate.

There is a slight wild look in her eye, as though she can't believe she is here right now. Her grip on the apple tightens slightly, noticable by the pull of the skin on her dark hands.

Sensing James' and Martin's eyes on her, she hurridly attempts to hide the remains of the apple, knowing the rules about half-rations being strictly enforced at the moment.

"H-hi guys. Chilly night-t, huh?"

ikaram
March 4, 2015

"Yeah... What were yout eating there?" Martin said. "Because we wan't some too. We wont tell, right James?" "Riiiight... OUCH! Fine..."

by ikaram
March 4, 2015

"Yeah... What were yout eating there?" Martin said. "Because we wan't some too. We wont tell, right James?" "Riiiight... OUCH! Fine..."

Dezmi Sos Vu
March 4, 2015

She sheepishly smiles and shows the apple.

"I have some bread, too. I didn't think taking it would be any harm, honest. It was just sitting there..."

She pulls out the bread and tears it into thirds.

"Did you guys hear about the theif that tried to break into the Jarl's palace yesterday?"

by Dezmi Sos Vu
March 4, 2015

She sheepishly smiles and shows the apple.

"I have some bread, too. I didn't think taking it would be any harm, honest. It was just sitting there..."

She pulls out the bread and tears it into thirds.

"Did you guys hear about the theif that tried to break into the Jarl's palace yesterday?"

ikaram
March 5, 2015

"No, I..." Martin tries to say, but because they all managed to hide the bread before the officer came, they were fine. "HEY! STOP TALKING AND GET BACK TO YOUR POSTS!" He yelled. "We will talk tomorrow." Martin said before leaving.

by ikaram
March 5, 2015

"No, I..." Martin tries to say, but because they all managed to hide the bread before the officer came, they were fine. "HEY! STOP TALKING AND GET BACK TO YOUR POSTS!" He yelled. "We will talk tomorrow." Martin said before leaving.

Dezmi Sos Vu
March 5, 2015
Zeyya nodded.

Early the next morning, she was headed to a group at the gate about to head out for a dawn patrol outside the walls. Her bow was strapped safely to her back and a small hunk of cheese was in her dark hands.

She briefly nodded to Martin and asked, "Any special assignments for you today?"
by Dezmi Sos Vu
March 5, 2015
Zeyya nodded.

Early the next morning, she was headed to a group at the gate about to head out for a dawn patrol outside the walls. Her bow was strapped safely to her back and a small hunk of cheese was in her dark hands.

She briefly nodded to Martin and asked, "Any special assignments for you today?"

ikaram
March 6, 2015

Martin seemed worried. Like a lot. "There is one hell of a special assignment. We need to defend the city." He looked into the distance with watery eyes. "James was sent on a scouting mission. He was killed by the Stormcloaks. They are just an hour of walk away." He then looked at the Readguard with fear. "Good luck. Get to your post now, it is really important."

by ikaram
March 6, 2015

Martin seemed worried. Like a lot. "There is one hell of a special assignment. We need to defend the city." He looked into the distance with watery eyes. "James was sent on a scouting mission. He was killed by the Stormcloaks. They are just an hour of walk away." He then looked at the Readguard with fear. "Good luck. Get to your post now, it is really important."

ikaram
March 6, 2015

(I say we wait for someone playing as a Stormcloak before we continue)

by ikaram
March 6, 2015

(I say we wait for someone playing as a Stormcloak before we continue)

Dezmi Sos Vu
March 6, 2015

Zeyya's mouth opened in shock. "D-dead?"

Before she could bring herself to say anything else, she walked off.

(Agreed.)

by Dezmi Sos Vu
March 6, 2015

Zeyya's mouth opened in shock. "D-dead?"

Before she could bring herself to say anything else, she walked off.

(Agreed.)

Qomorah Yolzoor
March 6, 2015

Hidden in a nearby tree a Stormcloak was loading and arrow into her bow and taking aim at the male imperial's head. She smirked and let the arrow fly.

by Qomorah Yolzoor
March 6, 2015

Hidden in a nearby tree a Stormcloak was loading and arrow into her bow and taking aim at the male imperial's head. She smirked and let the arrow fly.

ikaram
March 6, 2015

(Well, the arrow hit me. Great. I'm lucky it didn't kill me. Dice roll did it's job)

Thanks to the wind that blew, the accurate shot gets of course and hits Martin in the chest. Martin falls. He looks into his chest and sees blood coming out.

"RAISE THE ALARM!!! THEY ARE STARTING TO ATTACK!!!" A soldier next to him looks at Martin.

"Must be a scouting party. I will get a medic. And raise the alarm." He runs off, and soon people are seen running around and patrols are sent to find the scouts.

"I... I am fine... I can fight..." Martin tries to explain to the medic.

"No, you can't. This is a bad wound. You are going to have to rest for at least a day."

"But..."

"If you want to live."

"... Very well."

Martin is taken to the city.

(Sorry if I did a bit of too much action in a single post, but you would expect this to happen in this situation.)

by ikaram
March 6, 2015

(Well, the arrow hit me. Great. I'm lucky it didn't kill me. Dice roll did it's job)

Thanks to the wind that blew, the accurate shot gets of course and hits Martin in the chest. Martin falls. He looks into his chest and sees blood coming out.

"RAISE THE ALARM!!! THEY ARE STARTING TO ATTACK!!!" A soldier next to him looks at Martin.

"Must be a scouting party. I will get a medic. And raise the alarm." He runs off, and soon people are seen running around and patrols are sent to find the scouts.

"I... I am fine... I can fight..." Martin tries to explain to the medic.

"No, you can't. This is a bad wound. You are going to have to rest for at least a day."

"But..."

"If you want to live."

"... Very well."

Martin is taken to the city.

(Sorry if I did a bit of too much action in a single post, but you would expect this to happen in this situation.)

Dezmi Sos Vu
March 6, 2015

(No, it's fine.)

Zeyya grimaced as she watched Martin get carried away. Then she turned her attention back to the plains, where the lumbering forms of catapults sat meanacingly. Huge fireballs were beginning to be lobbed at the city's walls, and she had to duck to narrowly avoid being hit by one.

Prepping her bow, she began to fire into the distance, hoping some of her arrows would hit the blue-framed targets.

by Dezmi Sos Vu
March 6, 2015

(No, it's fine.)

Zeyya grimaced as she watched Martin get carried away. Then she turned her attention back to the plains, where the lumbering forms of catapults sat meanacingly. Huge fireballs were beginning to be lobbed at the city's walls, and she had to duck to narrowly avoid being hit by one.

Prepping her bow, she began to fire into the distance, hoping some of her arrows would hit the blue-framed targets.

Qomorah Yolzoor
March 6, 2015

Seeing the catapults behind her, confidence flows through the stormcloack scout. She notches another arrow into her bow and launches it towards the other imperial she saw from her cover.

by Qomorah Yolzoor
March 6, 2015

Seeing the catapults behind her, confidence flows through the stormcloack scout. She notches another arrow into her bow and launches it towards the other imperial she saw from her cover.

ikaram
March 7, 2015

(Both of you missed.)

by ikaram
March 7, 2015

(Both of you missed.)

1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.