Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul to English Textbook

Paalkriiokaaz
March 25, 2015

I thought a few days ago, most every language has a dictionary that is made of paper. Why hasn't this been done with Dovahzul?

by Paalkriiokaaz
March 25, 2015

I thought a few days ago, most every language has a dictionary that is made of paper. Why hasn't this been done with Dovahzul?

DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015

Because it is a conlang, and thus, too much hassle for something that'd be updated regularly, not unlike the Dovahzul app.

Also, I feel that this would be better on the Question Board.

by DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015

Because it is a conlang, and thus, too much hassle for something that'd be updated regularly, not unlike the Dovahzul app.

Also, I feel that this would be better on the Question Board.

John Hephaetus
March 31, 2015
Paalkriiokaaz

I've got too much free time, perhaps i could help create said Dictonary. Dovah Zul is an offical language, just like the weird tounges the minions in the movie: Despicible Me, is a real language.  Perhaps we could colaberate over email?

by John Hephaetus
March 31, 2015
Paalkriiokaaz

I've got too much free time, perhaps i could help create said Dictonary. Dovah Zul is an offical language, just like the weird tounges the minions in the movie: Despicible Me, is a real language.  Perhaps we could colaberate over email?

DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015
Hephaetus
Paalkriiokaaz

Eh-Oh Gagey? Baalaaa!

by DovahKiinZaan
March 31, 2015
Hephaetus
Paalkriiokaaz

Eh-Oh Gagey? Baalaaa!

Paalkriiokaaz
April 1, 2015
Hephaetus
Paalkriiokaaz

Possibly, though my schedule is hectic and impossible to predict. So I may have a few times where there will be no quick response. But to the book I was thinking like the .pdf file that is posted every once in a while, just make new versions as new words are added. I also feel I should say, I have no idea where to start.

by Paalkriiokaaz
April 1, 2015
Hephaetus
Paalkriiokaaz

Possibly, though my schedule is hectic and impossible to predict. So I may have a few times where there will be no quick response. But to the book I was thinking like the .pdf file that is posted every once in a while, just make new versions as new words are added. I also feel I should say, I have no idea where to start.

John Hephaetus
April 2, 2015

Well, like a regular dictionary, start with A end with Z, and canon at first, but if people like it, then move on to the expanded dictonary. 

by John Hephaetus
April 2, 2015

Well, like a regular dictionary, start with A end with Z, and canon at first, but if people like it, then move on to the expanded dictonary. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 3, 2015
Hephaetus

The Library has a number of dictionary PDFs you can print on your own. Here is the latest edition.

by paarthurnax
April 3, 2015
Hephaetus

The Library has a number of dictionary PDFs you can print on your own. Here is the latest edition.

Paalkriiokaaz
April 5, 2015
paarthurnax
Hephaetus

While there is a .pdf file that a person can print out, some people might be willing to purchase a bound and published version of the dictionary, full with canon -> non-canon words. The funds obtained may be able to help with site maintenance as well as adding a little pocket change for the owners of the site. Those, and I'd love to get my hands onto a leather bound dovahzul dictionary.

by Paalkriiokaaz
April 5, 2015
paarthurnax
Hephaetus

While there is a .pdf file that a person can print out, some people might be willing to purchase a bound and published version of the dictionary, full with canon -> non-canon words. The funds obtained may be able to help with site maintenance as well as adding a little pocket change for the owners of the site. Those, and I'd love to get my hands onto a leather bound dovahzul dictionary.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.