Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translating the Black Sacrament

Ahkrinfeynvokun
April 20, 2015

So I've recently stumbled on Dovahzul and started trying to learn it. Since I enjoyed being a member of the Dark Brotherhood I thought I'd attempt to translate the Black Sacrament. Any advice/corrections would be appreciated since grammar still confuses me.

The orignal for anyone that doesn't know it:

Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

Dovahzul:

SH71V MON4, SH71V MON4, FID Z9 K3R3L. VOSODDESEVOBAL1N KENT QELEK KO SOS 4RK F1S.

Roman alphabet:

shiraav monah, shiraav monah, fid zey kiiriil. vosoddesevobalaan kent qelek ko sos ahrk faas.

Literal Translation:

Sweet mother, sweet mother, send me your child. Sins of unworthy must baptize in blood and fear.

I apologize if this isn't the right place for this...

Edit: I'm not sure why the Roman alphabet keeps ending up like that

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
April 20, 2015

So I've recently stumbled on Dovahzul and started trying to learn it. Since I enjoyed being a member of the Dark Brotherhood I thought I'd attempt to translate the Black Sacrament. Any advice/corrections would be appreciated since grammar still confuses me.

Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

Dovahzul:

SH71V MON4, SH71V MON4, FID Z9 K3R3L. VOSODDESEVOBAL1N KENT QELEK KO SOS 4RK F1S.

Roman alphabet:

shiraav monah, shiraav monah, fid zey kiiriil. vosoddesevobalaan kent qelek ko sos ahrk faas.

Literal Translation:

Sweet mother, sweet mother, send me your child. Sins of unworthy must baptize in blood and fear.

Yahdremul
May 11, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun  I am also a newbie, more so than you, so I can't comment on the grammar - I'd like to know how "must be baptized" is translated, it seems like there's something that could be done but I have no clue. I did notice though that you used sweet the noun instead of the adjective - so your dovahzul says "candy mother". You want "wes".
by Yahdremul
May 11, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun  I am also a newbie, more so than you, so I can't comment on the grammar - I'd like to know how "must be baptized" is translated, it seems like there's something that could be done but I have no clue. I did notice though that you used sweet the noun instead of the adjective - so your dovahzul says "candy mother". You want "wes".

NazzemLosDraafKlov
May 12, 2015
I am also a Huge fan of the dark brotherhood, but i also am not sure, I will get parrthurnax to give you a accurite translation. Ahkrinfeynvokun

Dovahzul:

Roman alphabet:

Literal Translation:

by NazzemLosDraafKlov
May 12, 2015
I am also a Huge fan of the dark brotherhood, but i also am not sure, I will get parrthurnax to give you a accurite translation. Ahkrinfeynvokun

Dovahzul:

Roman alphabet:

Literal Translation:

Ahkrinfeynvokun
May 13, 2015
Yahdremul

Wow, oops on the using the wrong "sweet." I should have paid closer attention to the dictionary then!

As for "must be baptized," due to lack of comprehension on grammar, I couldn't figure out how to change "baptize" to "baptized." So I cut "be" and left it as "must baptize." It cut down a word, so that worked option seemed to work well.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
May 13, 2015
Yahdremul

Wow, oops on the using the wrong "sweet." I should have paid closer attention to the dictionary then!

As for "must be baptized," due to lack of comprehension on grammar, I couldn't figure out how to change "baptize" to "baptized." So I cut "be" and left it as "must baptize." It cut down a word, so that worked option seemed to work well.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.