Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tale of Tongues

Yahdremul
May 11, 2015

I tried to make it rhyme, fit the rhythm, and be fairly accurate. Tell me what I did right and what I did wrong? Grammar mistakes would be nice to be pointed out. A note, though - I left viing singular on purpose noticing that "wings" is left as "viing" in the Song of the Dragonborn. Is it possible that viing can mean wing or a pair of wings, or is that just one of those things? There are probably a few other places I tried to bend the rules to fit the song, point them out if they're hideous. Anyway, Tale of the Tongues, Dovahzul version: Viing do Alduin, nust drey gevul lokke / Reinii yolsenah, vrihhe kinzon dalke / Julle ru nivahriin, nust drey krif ahrk drey dir / Nust drey ag, sosaal, nust drey komeyt zanne // Mu laan Savikke drun stin, nol Ruth Alduin / Hunne nau pindaar, do daar yun kein wah win / Fodos Alduin kron, Jul Los nusaan nol lein / Siznaan ko vokun do vaar ved viing fundein. // Ruz drey meyz faal Vunne, nau daar zomaar sul / Mulhaan med felniir, nust drey aav keinul / Pah drey hon lovaas ahst Alduinro laat su'um / Hes lovaas do keizaal, lok krent voth faal Thu'um.// Faal Vunne drey sav mii nol ruth Alduin / Drey ofan mii faal Thu'um drey drun yun tiid do hind / Alduin los unslaad, mu lost koraav ul daan / Teyii lost oblaan ahrk paal dovahhe nusaan.

by Yahdremul
May 11, 2015

I tried to make it rhyme, fit the rhythm, and be fairly accurate. Tell me what I did right and what I did wrong? Grammar mistakes would be nice to be pointed out. A note, though - I left viing singular on purpose noticing that "wings" is left as "viing" in the Song of the Dragonborn. Is it possible that viing can mean wing or a pair of wings, or is that just one of those things? There are probably a few other places I tried to bend the rules to fit the song, point them out if they're hideous. Anyway, Tale of the Tongues, Dovahzul version: Viing do Alduin, nust drey gevul lokke / Reinii yolsenah, vrihhe kinzon dalke / Julle ru nivahriin, nust drey krif ahrk drey dir / Nust drey ag, sosaal, nust drey komeyt zanne // Mu laan Savikke drun stin, nol Ruth Alduin / Hunne nau pindaar, do daar yun kein wah win / Fodos Alduin kron, Jul Los nusaan nol lein / Siznaan ko vokun do vaar ved viing fundein. // Ruz drey meyz faal Vunne, nau daar zomaar sul / Mulhaan med felniir, nust drey aav keinul / Pah drey hon lovaas ahst Alduinro laat su'um / Hes lovaas do keizaal, lok krent voth faal Thu'um.// Faal Vunne drey sav mii nol ruth Alduin / Drey ofan mii faal Thu'um drey drun yun tiid do hind / Alduin los unslaad, mu lost koraav ul daan / Teyii lost oblaan ahrk paal dovahhe nusaan.

Yahdremul
May 11, 2015

I'm sorry about the format, apparently I don't know how to forum. Also autocorrect capitalized some random words.

by Yahdremul
May 11, 2015

I'm sorry about the format, apparently I don't know how to forum. Also autocorrect capitalized some random words.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.