Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TES6 Ideas

1  2 > >>  

Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

Just type down what you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will be.

by Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

Just type down what you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will be.

dovahnite
June 5, 2015

Not sure if "soon" is the right word, considering that Fallout 4 was announced like . . . yesterday, and companies generally don't work on more than one flagship game at once.

Anyway, I kind of doubt it for reasons I don't quite understand but I'm hoping TES6 is going to happen somewhere in or around Elsweyr. Because cats.

by dovahnite
June 5, 2015

Not sure if "soon" is the right word, considering that Fallout 4 was announced like . . . yesterday, and companies generally don't work on more than one flagship game at once.

Anyway, I kind of doubt it for reasons I don't quite understand but I'm hoping TES6 is going to happen somewhere in or around Elsweyr. Because cats.

Grolahmul
June 5, 2015

@dovahnite

I said "might" not "will" And also, good location idea.

I think TES6 might have a Legend of Zelda Windwaker theme to it, taking place in the islands around Tamriel, and you have your own boat.

by Grolahmul
June 5, 2015

@dovahnite

I think TES6 might have a Legend of Zelda Windwaker theme to it, taking place in the islands around Tamriel, and you have your own boat.

Grolahmul
June 5, 2015

@dovahnite

by Grolahmul
June 5, 2015

@dovahnite

Loniizrath
June 22, 2015
GoldGonian

@dovahnite

Doesn't suit the franchise. Doesn't really suit any franchise. It was pretty boring when Wind Waker did it, and only slightly entertaining when Black Flag did it. I know that you need to break up the action somehow, but if I wanted to spend half the game slowly driving across the map, I'd play Euro Truck Simulator. Besides, Tamriel doesn't have many islands around it, at least worth travelling to. You've got the Summerset Isles, Solthsteim, Telvanni Island, Stros M'kai, and that's about it.

by Loniizrath
June 22, 2015
GoldGonian

@dovahnite

Doesn't suit the franchise. Doesn't really suit any franchise. It was pretty boring when Wind Waker did it, and only slightly entertaining when Black Flag did it. I know that you need to break up the action somehow, but if I wanted to spend half the game slowly driving across the map, I'd play Euro Truck Simulator. Besides, Tamriel doesn't have many islands around it, at least worth travelling to. You've got the Summerset Isles, Solthsteim, Telvanni Island, Stros M'kai, and that's about it.

Grolahmul
June 22, 2015
Loniizrath
GoldGonian

@dovahnite

Guess so.

BTW, cool pic, Loniiz

by Grolahmul
June 22, 2015
Loniizrath
GoldGonian

@dovahnite

Guess so.

BTW, cool pic, Loniiz

Felniir Ahvus
June 23, 2015
dovahnite

Elsweyr would be really interesting.  I always think of "elsewhere" when I hear that name, which seems to distinguish it from everywhere else in Tamriel.  How do the kaaz live down there, though?  They seem less involved or powerful politically than many of the other provinces and races.  What kind of storyline would that create space for?

by Felniir Ahvus
June 23, 2015
dovahnite

Elsweyr would be really interesting.  I always think of "elsewhere" when I hear that name, which seems to distinguish it from everywhere else in Tamriel.  How do the kaaz live down there, though?  They seem less involved or powerful politically than many of the other provinces and races.  What kind of storyline would that create space for?

dovahnite
June 24, 2015

That's one of a few reasons I can think of that we probably won't ever see Elsweyr as a main area in a TES game (maybe we'll get a quick look, not unlike Solstheim from Dragonborn and the Sevii Islands from Pokémon), from what I've played of Morrowind and Oblivion Besthesda likes their political strife and I can't see the Khajiit doing much of that.

"You stole my moon sugar! This is war!"

Also (I have no idea if this is canon or not) I don't imagine the other races passing through there a whole lot, not the way they do in Cyrodiil and Skyrim, which could make writing at all for Elsweyr more difficult.

Still want it to happen, though.

by dovahnite
June 24, 2015

That's one of a few reasons I can think of that we probably won't ever see Elsweyr as a main area in a TES game (maybe we'll get a quick look, not unlike Solstheim from Dragonborn and the Sevii Islands from Pokémon), from what I've played of Morrowind and Oblivion Besthesda likes their political strife and I can't see the Khajiit doing much of that.

Also (I have no idea if this is canon or not) I don't imagine the other races passing through there a whole lot, not the way they do in Cyrodiil and Skyrim, which could make writing at all for Elsweyr more difficult.

Loniizrath
June 25, 2015
dovahnite

A huge part of The Infernal City took place in Elsweyr, and it worked really well, so I'm still holding out hope.

(They actually did nearly start a war over Moon Sugar at one point in the book)

by Loniizrath
June 25, 2015
dovahnite

A huge part of The Infernal City took place in Elsweyr, and it worked really well, so I'm still holding out hope.

(They actually did nearly start a war over Moon Sugar at one point in the book)

Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls where you can travel between regions or even across all of Tamriel.

DOV4K3N, F4 HIN KOG1N MU DR1L!

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls where you can travel between regions or even across all of Tamriel.

DOV4K3N, F4 HIN KOG1N MU DR1L!

dovahnite
July 10, 2015

(I've not played ESO yet, but) isn't that kind of what Tamriel Unlimited is about? Not sure if they'd pull the same trick twice.

by dovahnite
July 10, 2015

(I've not played ESO yet, but) isn't that kind of what Tamriel Unlimited is about? Not sure if they'd pull the same trick twice.

Friðr Loðbrók
July 10, 2015

Well I haven't played or seen much of Elder Scrolls Online so I wouldn't know.

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 10, 2015

Well I haven't played or seen much of Elder Scrolls Online so I wouldn't know.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 14, 2015

I think it might voice acted, like how they did it Fallout 4, and also I heard that it will take place in Argonia.

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 14, 2015

I think it might voice acted, like how they did it Fallout 4, and also I heard that it will take place in Argonia.

Grolahmul
August 14, 2015

Um... Argonia? You mean Black Marsh?

by Grolahmul
August 14, 2015

Um... Argonia? You mean Black Marsh?

Hezlotokaaz
August 16, 2015

It would be cool for it to take place in Black Marsh, Argonians really aren't that popular, and maybe TES6 being in Black Marsh could make them more popular. Though I wonder what the main plot for it would be if it was in Black Marsh..

by Hezlotokaaz
August 16, 2015

It would be cool for it to take place in Black Marsh, Argonians really aren't that popular, and maybe TES6 being in Black Marsh could make them more popular. Though I wonder what the main plot for it would be if it was in Black Marsh..

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.