Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

odd word

dragonlord001
June 23, 2015

hello everyone i have a question about this word. Behaveer. is this a new word or am i typing it in wrong if so what is the actuall word.

by dragonlord001
June 23, 2015

hello everyone i have a question about this word. Behaveer. is this a new word or am i typing it in wrong if so what is the actuall word.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 23, 2015

Hi dragonlord, is "behavior" the word you're looking for? If so, that is kosoveyd in the dragon language.

by paarthurnax
June 23, 2015

Hi dragonlord, is "behavior" the word you're looking for? If so, that is kosoveyd in the dragon language.

dragonlord001
June 24, 2015

@paarthurnax It might be I was most likely spelling it wrong. Thank you very For your help

by dragonlord001
June 24, 2015

@paarthurnax It might be I was most likely spelling it wrong. Thank you very For your help

foxflares
June 24, 2015

Heyo!

Yesterday I originally had looked up the word performer in the translator, which turned out being the word kosoviik. Then I translated the Dovahzul word back to English and it turned out to be behaveer. Is it supposed to be a new word or would this be a typo? 

by foxflares
June 24, 2015

Heyo!

Yesterday I originally had looked up the word performer in the translator, which turned out being the word kosoviik. Then I translated the Dovahzul word back to English and it turned out to be behaveer. Is it supposed to be a new word or would this be a typo? 

Frinmulaar
June 25, 2015
foxflares

Heyo!

The translator on this site is a bit mechanical to say the least. Kosov is dragontongue for both 'behave' and 'perform'. Seeing your 'performer', it took it correctly as perform+er, which is kosov+iik. This kosoviik was interpreted according to the first definition, with the suffix translated separately, yielding 'behave+er'.

TL;DR Our translator cares little for English word formation rules. 'Behaveer' is a mistake.

by Frinmulaar
June 25, 2015
foxflares

Heyo!

The translator on this site is a bit mechanical to say the least. Kosov is dragontongue for both 'behave' and 'perform'. Seeing your 'performer', it took it correctly as perform+er, which is kosov+iik. This kosoviik was interpreted according to the first definition, with the suffix translated separately, yielding 'behave+er'.

TL;DR Our translator cares little for English word formation rules. 'Behaveer' is a mistake.

dragonlord001
June 25, 2015
Freymulaar
foxflares

Heyo!

thank you for clearing that up i havent even thought about that fact for the translator. thank you both again.

by dragonlord001
June 25, 2015
Freymulaar
foxflares

Heyo!

thank you for clearing that up i havent even thought about that fact for the translator. thank you both again.

foxflares
June 25, 2015
Freymulaar
foxflares

Heyo!

Ahh, makes more sense. Thank you!

by foxflares
June 25, 2015
Freymulaar
foxflares

Heyo!

Ahh, makes more sense. Thank you!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.