Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ancient Nord language

Friðr Loðbrók
July 3, 2015

The draugr in the many tombs of Skyrim often speak an ancient tongue and I was wondering if anyone knew what language that was and if any of it had been translated.

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 3, 2015

The draugr in the many tombs of Skyrim often speak an ancient tongue and I was wondering if anyone knew what language that was and if any of it had been translated.

dovahnite
July 4, 2015

I know I hear them speaking Dovahzul once in a while ("Krosis," "kren sosaal,"etc.) but I don't think I've ever heard them say anything that didn't sound at least a little dragonish.

Do want to know more about the Nord language and so far I really haven't found too many leads on it, though.

"Do you know the ancient Nord word for 'war?' 'Season unending.' So it has proved." Thanks, mate, but exactly what is it? >_<

by dovahnite
July 4, 2015

I know I hear them speaking Dovahzul once in a while ("Krosis," "kren sosaal,"etc.) but I don't think I've ever heard them say anything that didn't sound at least a little dragonish.

Do want to know more about the Nord language and so far I really haven't found too many leads on it, though.

"Do you know the ancient Nord word for 'war?' 'Season unending.' So it has proved." Thanks, mate, but exactly what is it? >_<

Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015
dovahnite

Yeah I've heard some Dragon words as well. But I've also heard some words that didn't sound exactly dragonish and I read somewhere that what they speak might be somekind of dialectic between Dragon and the native Nord language/Common. But of course no-one is quite sure.

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015
dovahnite

Yeah I've heard some Dragon words as well. But I've also heard some words that didn't sound exactly dragonish and I read somewhere that what they speak might be somekind of dialectic between Dragon and the native Nord language/Common. But of course no-one is quite sure.

DovahKiinZaan
July 10, 2015

Think about a language like Italian for example, it is mostly based off of Latin, and has clear roots in Latin, but it is notably different, and indecipherable from Latin if you don't have a basic knowlege. But if you knew enough you'd hear the difference. So it's kind of like a hybrid language, but it is mostly dovahzul that is spoke by the Draugr. 

by DovahKiinZaan
July 10, 2015

Think about a language like Italian for example, it is mostly based off of Latin, and has clear roots in Latin, but it is notably different, and indecipherable from Latin if you don't have a basic knowlege. But if you knew enough you'd hear the difference. So it's kind of like a hybrid language, but it is mostly dovahzul that is spoke by the Draugr. 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.