Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A problem i encountered

Orkar Isber
July 23, 2015

Yes i know in english to lie (to someone) and to lie (down) is the same verb but for dovahzul too? Nok - Lie Nok - lie - Nok - lay. i see nok nok jokes around the courner.

I mean if to lay is non canon anyway does it have to be nok as well? i think thats confusing and overly complicated. In german there is at least a small difference - Lügen (to lie to someone) liegen (to lie down)

Could we change that? Or could at least someone give me a plausible explanation why its nok nok nok?^^

by Orkar Isber
July 23, 2015

Yes i know in english to lie (to someone) and to lie (down) is the same verb but for dovahzul too? Nok - Lie Nok - lie - Nok - lay. i see nok nok jokes around the courner.

I mean if to lay is non canon anyway does it have to be nok as well? i think thats confusing and overly complicated. In german there is at least a small difference - Lügen (to lie to someone) liegen (to lie down)

Could we change that? Or could at least someone give me a plausible explanation why its nok nok nok?^^

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 23, 2015

Unfortunately, it's used both ways in canon:

My recommendation is to use nok exclusively for "to lay / lie down," and use an alternative like lo "to deceive" for "to tell a lie."

by paarthurnax
July 23, 2015

Unfortunately, it's used both ways in canon:

My recommendation is to use nok exclusively for "to lay / lie down," and use an alternative like lo "to deceive" for "to tell a lie."

Orkar Isber
July 24, 2015

Oh didnt see it was canon. But thank you a lot for the alternative, that makes it easier =)

by Orkar Isber
July 24, 2015

Oh didnt see it was canon. But thank you a lot for the alternative, that makes it easier =)

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.