Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What would you advise me to do?

Nelli
August 17, 2023

I live in an apartment on the first floor and because of this I feel uncomfortable, because I do not feel complete privacy in my room. I have curtains, but I would not like them to be closed all the time. What would you advise me to do?

by Nelli
August 17, 2023

I live in an apartment on the first floor and because of this I feel uncomfortable, because I do not feel complete privacy in my room. I have curtains, but I would not like them to be closed all the time. What would you advise me to do?

JoanH
August 17, 2023

This is probably the problem of all people who have neighbors and live on the first floor. And I understand that curtains are not a good option in this case. I personally installed self-adhesive privacy window film https://www.window-film-shop.com/window-film/privacy-window-fi and have never regretted it. This is not only a good thing for privacy in the room, but also a good protection against UV rays in the summer. Therefore, I advise you to buy this film and not worry about this issue anymore.

by JoanH
August 17, 2023

This is probably the problem of all people who have neighbors and live on the first floor. And I understand that curtains are not a good option in this case. I personally installed self-adhesive privacy window film https://www.window-film-shop.com/window-film/privacy-window-fi and have never regretted it. This is not only a good thing for privacy in the room, but also a good protection against UV rays in the summer. Therefore, I advise you to buy this film and not worry about this issue anymore.

AndrewWE
August 17, 2023

I would advise investing in window film. Consider applying it to the bottom of the windows. This is a very popular solution for the windows of ground floor apartments. Privacy window film will block the view from the outside and is easily self-adhesive, but will allow natural light to enter the room from above.

by AndrewWE
August 17, 2023

I would advise investing in window film. Consider applying it to the bottom of the windows. This is a very popular solution for the windows of ground floor apartments. Privacy window film will block the view from the outside and is easily self-adhesive, but will allow natural light to enter the room from above.

lucidam
September 3, 2023

If you live on the first floor of an apartment and want to enhance your privacy while still allowing natural light into your room, there are several ovo solutions you can consider:

Sheer Curtains: These are lightweight, translucent curtains that allow sunlight to filter through while providing a degree of privacy. You can keep them closed during the day and pull them aside in the evening if you want more privacy.

Frosted Window Film: You can apply frosted or decorative window film to your windows. This adds privacy by obscuring the view from the outside while still allowing light to come in. It's a relatively inexpensive and DIY-friendly option.

Top-Down/Bottom-Up Shades: These shades can be adjusted to cover only the lower portion of your window, allowing you to maintain privacy while still enjoying natural light from above.

Window Blinds: Horizontal or vertical blinds can be tilted to control the amount of light and privacy you want. They can be a good option for maintaining privacy without completely blocking out light.

Café Curtains: Café curtains cover only the lower portion of the window, leaving the upper part exposed for natural light. They're a good compromise between privacy and openness.

Window Privacy Screens: These are decorative screens that you can place in front of your window. They come in various designs and materials, adding a touch of style while providing privacy.

Plants: Consider placing indoor plants on your windowsill. Tall, leafy plants can create a natural screen that obscures the view from outside while adding a touch of greenery to your space.

Window Tinting: Window tinting can be applied to your windows to reduce visibility from the outside. It's available in various shades and degrees of tint, so you can choose one that suits your privacy needs.

Custom Window Treatments: If you're willing to invest more in your window coverings, consider custom-made curtains, shades, or blinds that fit your windows perfectly and match your decor.

Combination: You can also combine multiple window treatments to achieve the level of privacy and light control you desire. For example, use sheer curtains during the day and add blinds or frosted film for nighttime privacy.

The right choice for you will depend on your budget, style preferences, and how much privacy you need at different times of the day. You can experiment with different options to find the balance between privacy and natural light that makes you feel most comfortable in your apartment.

by lucidam
September 3, 2023

If you live on the first floor of an apartment and want to enhance your privacy while still allowing natural light into your room, there are several ovo solutions you can consider:

Sheer Curtains: These are lightweight, translucent curtains that allow sunlight to filter through while providing a degree of privacy. You can keep them closed during the day and pull them aside in the evening if you want more privacy.

Frosted Window Film: You can apply frosted or decorative window film to your windows. This adds privacy by obscuring the view from the outside while still allowing light to come in. It's a relatively inexpensive and DIY-friendly option.

Top-Down/Bottom-Up Shades: These shades can be adjusted to cover only the lower portion of your window, allowing you to maintain privacy while still enjoying natural light from above.

Window Blinds: Horizontal or vertical blinds can be tilted to control the amount of light and privacy you want. They can be a good option for maintaining privacy without completely blocking out light.

Café Curtains: Café curtains cover only the lower portion of the window, leaving the upper part exposed for natural light. They're a good compromise between privacy and openness.

Window Privacy Screens: These are decorative screens that you can place in front of your window. They come in various designs and materials, adding a touch of style while providing privacy.

Plants: Consider placing indoor plants on your windowsill. Tall, leafy plants can create a natural screen that obscures the view from outside while adding a touch of greenery to your space.

Window Tinting: Window tinting can be applied to your windows to reduce visibility from the outside. It's available in various shades and degrees of tint, so you can choose one that suits your privacy needs.

Custom Window Treatments: If you're willing to invest more in your window coverings, consider custom-made curtains, shades, or blinds that fit your windows perfectly and match your decor.

Combination: You can also combine multiple window treatments to achieve the level of privacy and light control you desire. For example, use sheer curtains during the day and add blinds or frosted film for nighttime privacy.

The right choice for you will depend on your budget, style preferences, and how much privacy you need at different times of the day. You can experiment with different options to find the balance between privacy and natural light that makes you feel most comfortable in your apartment.

CletusJacobs
September 7, 2023

I don't know the name of this glass but I know thanks to mr mine, it is a layer of glass that allows you to see outside and outsiders can't see the inside of your house. It's very convenient if you don't want to use curtains.

by CletusJacobs
September 7, 2023

I don't know the name of this glass but I know thanks to mr mine, it is a layer of glass that allows you to see outside and outsiders can't see the inside of your house. It's very convenient if you don't want to use curtains.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.