Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[T][ND] The great bandit fort adventure.

J'skar
July 24, 2013

Tamina examines the fort's exterior. It is a large, 4-towered fort with several crushed walls. Bandits patrol the outside wielding their torches. Unsheathing her ebony bow, she carefully aims at the nearest bandit. 

thump. Tamina laughs silently as the body falls over the wall, causing panic.

by J'skar
July 24, 2013

Tamina examines the fort's exterior. It is a large, 4-towered fort with several crushed walls. Bandits patrol the outside wielding their torches. Unsheathing her ebony bow, she carefully aims at the nearest bandit. 

thump. Tamina laughs silently as the body falls over the wall, causing panic.

ChaseB
July 24, 2013

As I am one of the bandits taking a nap, one of my comrads fall off a wall dead landing on my feet. I kick him off and examine the arrow, i notive as it is a Khajiit make. I quickly gather my battle gear, run into the fort, up to the front left tower. I open the chest to see a Potion of True Shot. I quickly drink it and take a shot, the arrow flies and SNAPS Tamine's bow right in half!

by ChaseB
July 24, 2013

As I am one of the bandits taking a nap, one of my comrads fall off a wall dead landing on my feet. I kick him off and examine the arrow, i notive as it is a Khajiit make. I quickly gather my battle gear, run into the fort, up to the front left tower. I open the chest to see a Potion of True Shot. I quickly drink it and take a shot, the arrow flies and SNAPS Tamine's bow right in half!

J'skar
July 25, 2013

Tamina's eyes grow big as she looks down upon her ruined bow. Hissing slightly, she draws her enchanted dual-imperial shortswords. She rushes towards one of the breaches in the wall, tossing one of her swords towards the bandit that had snapped her bow.  

by J'skar
July 25, 2013

Tamina's eyes grow big as she looks down upon her ruined bow. Hissing slightly, she draws her enchanted dual-imperial shortswords. She rushes towards one of the breaches in the wall, tossing one of her swords towards the bandit that had snapped her bow.  

ikaram
May 7, 2014

Kaj sees a fellow kajhiit. Never caring about the race, he slowly starts walkig, looking for some coin. But once he sees her trowing swords, he stops. Only for a moment, before shoting with bow and arrow, a couple of times. The two arrows fly to her and to the skilled bandit. Both hit, but they only make Tamina slightly unbalanced. The bandit is a diffrent story.

by ikaram
May 7, 2014

Kaj sees a fellow kajhiit. Never caring about the race, he slowly starts walkig, looking for some coin. But once he sees her trowing swords, he stops. Only for a moment, before shoting with bow and arrow, a couple of times. The two arrows fly to her and to the skilled bandit. Both hit, but they only make Tamina slightly unbalanced. The bandit is a diffrent story.

Softfoot
May 16, 2014

Aoife Softfoot walks slowly along the road, her long, scaly tail swaying to help her keep her balance. The warm sun blazes overhead. Birds sing in the trees. It seems like a normal, quiet day, except for one thing: the sounds of fighting that are coming from straight ahead. She snorts, raising her long brown muzzle to sniff at the air.

Uncertain, the Argonian sinks into a low crouch, proceeding toward the sounds of the fight. A thicket at the edge of the treeline affords her a good hiding place and vantage point as she watches the fight. A female Khajiit, a bulkier male Khajiit and a guard in battle armor are fighting. The male Khajiit shoots at his opponents, landing both arrows with incredible speed.

Aoife growls. He's good, she admits to herself.

Drawing her dwarven bow and a gleaming, sharpened steel arrow, the Argonian aims at the male Khajiit. Sighting carefully, she releases the arrow with a satisfying twang!

by Softfoot
May 16, 2014

Aoife Softfoot walks slowly along the road, her long, scaly tail swaying to help her keep her balance. The warm sun blazes overhead. Birds sing in the trees. It seems like a normal, quiet day, except for one thing: the sounds of fighting that are coming from straight ahead. She snorts, raising her long brown muzzle to sniff at the air.

Uncertain, the Argonian sinks into a low crouch, proceeding toward the sounds of the fight. A thicket at the edge of the treeline affords her a good hiding place and vantage point as she watches the fight. A female Khajiit, a bulkier male Khajiit and a guard in battle armor are fighting. The male Khajiit shoots at his opponents, landing both arrows with incredible speed.

Aoife growls. He's good, she admits to herself.

Drawing her dwarven bow and a gleaming, sharpened steel arrow, the Argonian aims at the male Khajiit. Sighting carefully, she releases the arrow with a satisfying twang!

ikaram
May 18, 2014

Kaj just manages to see the shot, and move his head. The shot scraches the head quite badly. With blood on his face, Kaj angerly looks to the direction of the arrow. Really mad, he starts running, taking a couple of shots at the atacker, and pulling out his sword.

AAAAH!!! he yells in anger, completly forgeting about the bandits behind him.

by ikaram
May 18, 2014

Kaj just manages to see the shot, and move his head. The shot scraches the head quite badly. With blood on his face, Kaj angerly looks to the direction of the arrow. Really mad, he starts running, taking a couple of shots at the atacker, and pulling out his sword.

AAAAH!!! he yells in anger, completly forgeting about the bandits behind him.

Softfoot
May 19, 2014

Vaulting to the side to avoid the Khajiit's arrows, Aoife wrenches her twin dwarven knives from her belt. They glint in the sun, wicked sharp and heavy. As Kaj charges her the Argonian lunges forward to meet him, crossing the daggers in an X pattern and locking her elbows at the last moment to absorb the power of her opponent's charge. His sword clangs into the X, the impact jarring enough to deaden all feeling in Aoife's arms.

The contact lasts for less than a second as, snarling, she rises and spins to the right at the same time, sending Kaj flying past her. The momentum carries him clear of her immediate range, but she knows now that he can close fast and strike hard. If this fight goes on for long, I may not escape alive, Aoife realizes. Gritting her teeth, the Argonian takes up a defensive stance and puts her trust in her studded leather armor and speed. A rock half-buried and anchored in the permafrost provides the perfect foothold, which she braces against, ready to lunge again if nescisary.

by Softfoot
May 19, 2014

Vaulting to the side to avoid the Khajiit's arrows, Aoife wrenches her twin dwarven knives from her belt. They glint in the sun, wicked sharp and heavy. As Kaj charges her the Argonian lunges forward to meet him, crossing the daggers in an X pattern and locking her elbows at the last moment to absorb the power of her opponent's charge. His sword clangs into the X, the impact jarring enough to deaden all feeling in Aoife's arms.

The contact lasts for less than a second as, snarling, she rises and spins to the right at the same time, sending Kaj flying past her. The momentum carries him clear of her immediate range, but she knows now that he can close fast and strike hard. If this fight goes on for long, I may not escape alive, Aoife realizes. Gritting her teeth, the Argonian takes up a defensive stance and puts her trust in her studded leather armor and speed. A rock half-buried and anchored in the permafrost provides the perfect foothold, which she braces against, ready to lunge again if nescisary.

ikaram
May 20, 2014

Kaj sees a bandit running towards them. He yells "Watch it, dummy!" to the lizard (that's how he calls Argonians), before shooting this bandit in the forehead. He falls to the ground. Kaj pushes the lizard  and takes the big sword and armor he had. "Here!" he yells, and throws it all on to the lizard. "Now get out of my sight, before I change my mind!" Then he turns to face the bandits. "Hey you!" he yells to Tamina "Ya allright out there?"

by ikaram
May 20, 2014

Kaj sees a bandit running towards them. He yells "Watch it, dummy!" to the lizard (that's how he calls Argonians), before shooting this bandit in the forehead. He falls to the ground. Kaj pushes the lizard  and takes the big sword and armor he had. "Here!" he yells, and throws it all on to the lizard. "Now get out of my sight, before I change my mind!" Then he turns to face the bandits. "Hey you!" he yells to Tamina "Ya allright out there?"

Softfoot
May 20, 2014

Narrowing her eyes, Aoife watches the bandit's body fall to the ground. The Khajiit snarls at her to leave. As if she's about to simply give up when there are still bandits and loot to be found inside the fortress?

Aoife lowers her weapons nonetheless. It's common courtesy, and he wasn't obligated to spare her like this after she made the first attack.

Not waiting for any further reaction, the Argonian stuffs her daggers into her belt and races on all fours toward the fortress. Her powerful legs carry her swiftly to the wall, and she flattens herself against the rough stone surface. Peering critically up at the nearest tower, Aoife nods approvingly. It's a perfect climbing surface - rough, plenty of handholds to grab.

Springing up in a twisting leap, the Argonian slithers lithely to the top of the wall before coming to a halt. She peers through a crenelation to assess the surroundings. A group of five bandits huddles around a map, pointing agitatedly at a spot marked with a red ribbon. In the far corner a staircase leads down to the lower levels. Looking again at the bandits, Aoife estimates how long it will take to get over the wall and into range.

Ten seconds. Perhaps. If she hurries.

Gathering her limbs beneath her the Argonian surges over the wall. Dashing forward, she closes rapidly, tearing the daggers from their sheathes.

The first bandit is down instantly, shining dwarven blade slamming through his back and up into his heart. Aoife takes advantage of the surprise created by his death. One unfortunate bandit - the one who had been standing to her first victim's left - hesitates a moment too long, looking around in confusion. Less than two seconds later he joins his comrade in death.

Aoife is forced to go on the defensive now, deflecting a jab aimed for her abdomen. Grunting in surprise, the tall, raven-haired elf finds herself knocked backward by a vicious elbow to the chest. Aoife backs away further, consious of the wall and wary of being pinned down.

by Softfoot
May 20, 2014

Narrowing her eyes, Aoife watches the bandit's body fall to the ground. The Khajiit snarls at her to leave. As if she's about to simply give up when there are still bandits and loot to be found inside the fortress?

Aoife lowers her weapons nonetheless. It's common courtesy, and he wasn't obligated to spare her like this after she made the first attack.

Not waiting for any further reaction, the Argonian stuffs her daggers into her belt and races on all fours toward the fortress. Her powerful legs carry her swiftly to the wall, and she flattens herself against the rough stone surface. Peering critically up at the nearest tower, Aoife nods approvingly. It's a perfect climbing surface - rough, plenty of handholds to grab.

Springing up in a twisting leap, the Argonian slithers lithely to the top of the wall before coming to a halt. She peers through a crenelation to assess the surroundings. A group of five bandits huddles around a map, pointing agitatedly at a spot marked with a red ribbon. In the far corner a staircase leads down to the lower levels. Looking again at the bandits, Aoife estimates how long it will take to get over the wall and into range.

Ten seconds. Perhaps. If she hurries.

Gathering her limbs beneath her the Argonian surges over the wall. Dashing forward, she closes rapidly, tearing the daggers from their sheathes.

The first bandit is down instantly, shining dwarven blade slamming through his back and up into his heart. Aoife takes advantage of the surprise created by his death. One unfortunate bandit - the one who had been standing to her first victim's left - hesitates a moment too long, looking around in confusion. Less than two seconds later he joins his comrade in death.

Aoife is forced to go on the defensive now, deflecting a jab aimed for her abdomen. Grunting in surprise, the tall, raven-haired elf finds herself knocked backward by a vicious elbow to the chest. Aoife backs away further, consious of the wall and wary of being pinned down.

ikaram
May 20, 2014

As Kaj sees the elf run into the fort, he gives a big sigh. He walks in slowly, finding a battle with a couple of dead bandits. Shoots the fighters with great skill, then he gets the loot from all the dead. He tells calmly to the suprised lizard: "We are splitting 60-40. 60 going to me of course. Either that, or go get an army that can beat me."

by ikaram
May 20, 2014

As Kaj sees the elf run into the fort, he gives a big sigh. He walks in slowly, finding a battle with a couple of dead bandits. Shoots the fighters with great skill, then he gets the loot from all the dead. He tells calmly to the suprised lizard: "We are splitting 60-40. 60 going to me of course. Either that, or go get an army that can beat me."

Softfoot
May 20, 2014

The dark-haired Wood Elf looks up at Aoife, gulping as the Argonian holds one dagger to her throat while responding to the Khajiit.

"You can take what you wish. I'm far more interested in ingredients and spellbooks." A silent shudder runs through Aoife's body as she looks back down at her prisoner. This Khajiit disgusts her with his cocky, aggressive manner. It is, to her, a waste of time and energy to be so boastful and whimsical. "What is your name?" She asks roughly, dark black eyes fixing coldly on the elf.

Defiance is written all over the elf woman's face - her eyebrows slant together sharply, her blazing blue eyes lock with the Argonians and she bares her teeth - as she responds. "My name is Delinieh. Unhand me, lizard." Jerking sharply, Delinieh attempts to wrench free.

Aoife tilts her head, amused. "Very well. I let you go, and I believe this Khajiit would be quite happy to shoot you before you moved two steps."

Stalemate. The elf grimmaces, but her defiance leaves her. "A good point. Take me to whatever jail cell you want to leave me to rot in, then. What's the point, anyway?" The raven-haired elf narrows her eyes in confusion. "You killed my brothers easily enough. And he," -jerking her head at Kaj - "isn't stopping you."

"Rot? No. Be useful? Yes." Delinieh looks sharply back at Aoife, clearly taken aback by this statement.

by Softfoot
May 20, 2014

The dark-haired Wood Elf looks up at Aoife, gulping as the Argonian holds one dagger to her throat while responding to the Khajiit.

"You can take what you wish. I'm far more interested in ingredients and spellbooks." A silent shudder runs through Aoife's body as she looks back down at her prisoner. This Khajiit disgusts her with his cocky, aggressive manner. It is, to her, a waste of time and energy to be so boastful and whimsical. "What is your name?" She asks roughly, dark black eyes fixing coldly on the elf.

Defiance is written all over the elf woman's face - her eyebrows slant together sharply, her blazing blue eyes lock with the Argonians and she bares her teeth - as she responds. "My name is Delinieh. Unhand me, lizard." Jerking sharply, Delinieh attempts to wrench free.

Aoife tilts her head, amused. "Very well. I let you go, and I believe this Khajiit would be quite happy to shoot you before you moved two steps."

Stalemate. The elf grimmaces, but her defiance leaves her. "A good point. Take me to whatever jail cell you want to leave me to rot in, then. What's the point, anyway?" The raven-haired elf narrows her eyes in confusion. "You killed my brothers easily enough. And he," -jerking her head at Kaj - "isn't stopping you."

"Rot? No. Be useful? Yes." Delinieh looks sharply back at Aoife, clearly taken aback by this statement.

ikaram
May 21, 2014

(nope, only one carracter. Sorry, but what is the point of roleplay if you do it all?)

"Well maybe I am stoping her. Maybe I don't want you to rot? Eh, who am I kidding. I just need a resuplly on my way to Cyrodil. And I know nothing about it, only for it's nickname: Imperial Province. Besides, what can you do? You just watched your mates die. You can get the same fate"

Kaj finally puts down the dagger... Before hitting the lizard with a stick. "THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN EASY IF YOU HADN'T CAME! AND THAT OTHER GIRL!!! I just wan't bloody arrows, and swords and food." Kaj starts drinking some wine and eating Goat Cheese. "This is all I have left. And it's a looong way to Cyrodil." He kicks the lizard in the stomach. The lizard falls, as an arrow flyes right above his head.

"I could have just pushed you. But this was more fun."

by ikaram
May 21, 2014

(nope, only one carracter. Sorry, but what is the point of roleplay if you do it all?)

"Well maybe I am stoping her. Maybe I don't want you to rot? Eh, who am I kidding. I just need a resuplly on my way to Cyrodil. And I know nothing about it, only for it's nickname: Imperial Province. Besides, what can you do? You just watched your mates die. You can get the same fate"

Kaj finally puts down the dagger... Before hitting the lizard with a stick. "THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN EASY IF YOU HADN'T CAME! AND THAT OTHER GIRL!!! I just wan't bloody arrows, and swords and food." Kaj starts drinking some wine and eating Goat Cheese. "This is all I have left. And it's a looong way to Cyrodil." He kicks the lizard in the stomach. The lizard falls, as an arrow flyes right above his head.

"I could have just pushed you. But this was more fun."

Softfoot
May 28, 2014

(Ah, sorry. Didn't realize that. I figured I would use two characters or something, make it a little more interesting with the added viewpoint.)

Snarling, Aoife grabs the Khajiit's leg, holding it in place as she bites deep into the tissue. The time for any kind of peace has gone, was gone when they fought below. His letting her go only lengthened the time, borrowed seconds for each to live before this final, inevitable contest.

Time for you to die, Cat, the Argonian thinks. She lets go of the leg she's bitten, leaping backwards and ripping her knives from their sheathes. Cold, sharp dwemer metal gleams wickedly in the light that streams into the room from the window, illuminating the scene. Aoife watches her foe carefully, waiting for him to come at her again.

by Softfoot
May 28, 2014

(Ah, sorry. Didn't realize that. I figured I would use two characters or something, make it a little more interesting with the added viewpoint.)

Snarling, Aoife grabs the Khajiit's leg, holding it in place as she bites deep into the tissue. The time for any kind of peace has gone, was gone when they fought below. His letting her go only lengthened the time, borrowed seconds for each to live before this final, inevitable contest.

Time for you to die, Cat, the Argonian thinks. She lets go of the leg she's bitten, leaping backwards and ripping her knives from their sheathes. Cold, sharp dwemer metal gleams wickedly in the light that streams into the room from the window, illuminating the scene. Aoife watches her foe carefully, waiting for him to come at her again.

ikaram
May 28, 2014

Kaj jumps suprised. "I JUST SAVED YOUR BLOODY LIFE!" HE takes a good shot at her, in fact a couple, then drinks a healing potion and... Runs. Runs outside of the fort, carrying some food and arrows. "I came for what I wanted. Risking my life this much isn't my thing. I'm a thief and assasin, not a fighter" He goes over the hill, and dissapears behind it.

by ikaram
May 28, 2014

Kaj jumps suprised. "I JUST SAVED YOUR BLOODY LIFE!" HE takes a good shot at her, in fact a couple, then drinks a healing potion and... Runs. Runs outside of the fort, carrying some food and arrows. "I came for what I wanted. Risking my life this much isn't my thing. I'm a thief and assasin, not a fighter" He goes over the hill, and dissapears behind it.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.